Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Revolut blocked my payment so switched to AIB there now. Payment is pending so hopefully it ships out for Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Genuinely I'd day the Google Pixel 4A probably feels faster in the band than an S10. I would say you will notice a significant difference in usability and feel with the Pixel 6

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

21:04, 19th

Somehow quoted the wrong person, was for the person asking for the order time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Been charged for mine too, order status still says I can cancel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

Only a few mins ahead of me. Hopefully I get charged today as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Money taken, looking forward to the headphones as much as the phone 😁

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

I ordered mine around 855 on 19th October. Should we get shipping notices today?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clank182

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Money taken from me also. Ordered Thursday last. Still showing delivery Oct 28 to Nov 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Blut2

Anyone know how the Google store usually ships phones? An Post/Fedex etc?

• Advertisement

DHL express. In Dublin it's always next day delivery

For my pixel 5 Last year the money was taken on the Sunday and dispatched on the Wednesday morning one day before estimated delivery. I got it Thursday afternoon. My delivery date for the pixel 6 is 27th-28th so should ship tomorrow morning 🤞

I wonder who’s going to have a review up first. Embargo ends tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

There is just no way that's true. The chip in the S10+ is twice the speed of a 4a, and still a decent bit faster than a 5. It also has 8gb ram.

Its still lightning fast actually. It's honestly hard to imagine a phone being much faster which is what's putting me off getting a new one within 2 to 3 years like I used to. I think the pro would be worth it for the extra features and that it's a genuinely premium phone but the regular 6 sounds like it is more midrange and supposedly had a display that doesn't get very bright which is a huge no no for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The difference is vanilla android is much snappier than the OEM skins so in day to day use you'll see very little difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I think that definitely used to be true but isn't really the case anymore. Samsung have done a lot of good work with their skin in the last few years. My friend has a pixel 4a and it's noticeably far slower than my S10+.

A snappier skin can't make up for raw processing power.

I'm sure the new pixels will be great, tensor looks very capable from the benchmarks, but the regular 6 just isn't premium enough for me to justify getting it, is all, especially the screen which doesn't sound great at 500 nits brightness.

Im interested to see the experience on 6 pro. I had a iPhone 13 pro max for a month and it was very decent. I find the pixels tend to take the best quality pictures when you just point and shoot where the iPhone camera you have to fiddle around with a bit more to maximise its potential. Also interested to see how a 899 phone compares to a 1299 phone

I haven't noticed phones being slow in about 5 years. I guess if you do CPU intensive stuff with your phone regularly, you might notice a bit of a difference, but I'd say most of the time people are switching between messaging and social media apps that are stored in RAM.

Regarding the screen, I'd be very surprised if it only goes to 500 nits. In any case, the main issue with brightness would be visibility in sunlight, which is only a concern when you're on your summer holiday in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Sold my Pixel 5 after ordering the 6 and have since moved back to my S10. Completely forgot what an absolute **** show these phones are. This delivery can't come quick enough now!

• Advertisement

Yesterday I put my name on the waitlist to order the 6 pro at the moment they are running a promotion where if you order you get a free pair of Bose headphones, guess I'm going to miss the promotion :-(

Oh well at least I'll have a bit more money to buy a bike when the global supply chain stops being ****.

You just need to get an order in by the 27th. I'd say you have a fairly good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Just got a mail to say mine has been dispatched DHL are delivering

Dispatched yay, not sure if they deliver on bank holidays but should be in hand Tuesday latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Hmm. Funny how payments have been taken the day before the full reviews hit YouTube tomorrow. Wonder is there something in that... hopefully for early buyers all is good.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Friend of mine is now showing December, mine's showing by 28th October still.

I still haven't been charged, and mine has slipped from Oct 26-28th to Oct 27th-29th and now Oct 28th-Nov 1st.

Can't really complain. I was out all day, and just walked in the door and ordered a bit after 9pm after the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Pixel 6 sorta seafoam dispatched a few hours ago!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I joined the waiting list, though I fear it might end up too late to avail of the free Bose.

I still can't decide whether it's worth splashing an extra 100 on more storage! I have 256GB on my 7T Pro but have only used 71GB, so I think I won't need the extra storage space.

• Advertisement

These days I don't see the need for more than 128gb of storage unless you are downloading lots of games or movies, these days with cloud storage and streaming 128gb is fine for the majority.

Advertisement