Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

when do you think this'll happen? 6 months? 12months? 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I think they'll go away eventually but they will be the very last thing to go as they are a great way of slowing the virus down and don't really impact on day to day life for the majority of us

• Registered Users Posts: 30,504 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'll give it to the next Summer and then see about masks.

If you want to wear one of course you can tough.

Most people have had enough of them now. They just shoved on a ripped off between shops and some don't bother especially for small shops.

I was in a supermarket on Friday and they had all those 2 meter stickers taken up and people were back to normal in the queue for the checkouts which was a nice thing to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

For the most childish post ?

It would get my vote.

• Advertisement

But that's your entire point isn't it?

That's why you're pushing this nonsensical scenario for pages and pages.

You want people to admit the doctor should treat the vaccinated patient and let the unvaccinated patient die.

Is that correct?

And you're making a fool of yourself saying the single only criteria that seperates one from the other is that one is vaccinated.

Talk about childish.

Not when they are both sitting in icu. There is a reason there are far more vaccinated cases than unvaccinated cases among adults, yet as many vaccinated as unvaccinated in hospital and more unvaccinated in icu. The ones vaccinated and seriously ill have had the chance for their immune system to do its job and it wasn’t up to it, unlike most others vaccinated

As opposed to you posting your belief that vaccine clinical trials were the cause of variants of concern originating in the countries they did ?

I`m sure you can back that up with the names of these 58 variants of concern ?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

It’s already happening from what I’ve seen, the government as usual are about 3 weeks to 1 month behind what the people are actually doing.

It is only if you wish it to be.

It was a perfectly simple question, but if some wish to see some kind of hidden agenda or conspiracy theory behind it then not much I can do about that.

Why they would think my post was in anyway connected to either beats me. I would have thought there were enough posters on here engaging in both to keep them happy without them having to go searching where there is none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You asked this before so not sure why you're repeating it.

In the event of a rare side effect from a vaccine provided by public healthcare that protects themselves and others, they will get treatment.

Even the unvaccinated will get treatment even if it's their stupidity in not getting vaccinated that has caused them to be in hospital or ICU in much greater numbers than the vaccinated. What those numbers are doing is driving the use of ongoing restrictions to keep the health system working.

Basically your question is this:

Two people are critically ill. One is vaccinated, the other isn't. Who should the doctor save?

And you want us to believe you have no agenda posting that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

well, i didn't think the vaccine pass would still be a thing after the 22nd, so I'm hardly the best judge... but I could see masks still being mandatory on public transport in 5 years time, yeah. after that who knows?

I think masks are permanent in the sense that we will never walk into a public place again without seeing a some people wearing masks, which is their choice and also their right to do if they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Mask mandates are here forever. Every winter when the future Taoiseach is getting battered by media and opposition about winter flu, they'll bring in mask mandates to pretend they are doing something. HSE and Public Health Quango's will be demanding it too.

It was a simple question with no agenda other than if a decision had to be made which would get priority. I told you already no agenda, I believe it`s clear that you are going to believe whatever you choose to believe no matter what I say so you work away. If you are looking for posters with agendas here, then you really should have no difficulty in finding quite a few.

You may be correct, but on that basis if choices had to be made the the unvaccinated patient would get the bed. Not just for ICU but for a hospital bed as well.

If you went onto a thread discussing obesity and posted a loaded question about a doctor having to choose between a fat person or a fit person you would be threadbanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I honestly don't believe we will ever be able to get back to what we were used to in 2019.

It's sad really but our lives have all changed whether we like it or not.

How something as far away as China screwed us all is impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep agree to an extent

Been out on a bank holiday weekend and feeling confused at what time close is etc. Don't get me wrong it's better than that 22.45 last order bull ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭watchingfromafar

Some would think China doesn't give a **** about this and may have used its own propaganda to put us into a state of panic. Remember the videos of people falling down on the street and rubble blocking door ways in hospitals.

Never seen people dropping like from covid here.

China definitely benefitted while the west didn't

Not making any claims...just interesting to see really...

Okay so you are asking how triage works while questioning if vaccinated status would make a difference...while the patients are identical and one has a better chance of survival...which you already know because triage works to give the person with the best outcome the bed..

So what is the actual question because it seems you know the answer and vaccine status is but a tiny part of the equation.

Surely you can see how it could be seen as a "vaccinated person deserves the bed" type of post.

Same way I'm gonna get a bed over an obese person because I have a better recovery chance. Wouldn't use that logic to bar the fatty from eating in restaurants though would we?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Under the circumstances we’re not doing too badly. You can go to restaurants, pubs and travel and we’re still in a pandemic. Pandemics come and go.

Do you think given the amount of unvaccinated people who have the recovery cert and the vast majority of vaccinated people, that banning unvaccinated people from indoors is even doing anything other than pushing the tiny few left to go get jabbed?

Honestly with the levels we have you'd swear it more about introducing the passes than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I don’t care to be honest. Life is good , for me anyhow. The majority of my normality is returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

This is a great post. Positivity. Delighted that life is good and for me there is no restrictions. There hasn’t mean that months for me really.

People predicting lockdowns literally minutes after everything was lifted seems to be main from who don’t get vaccinated, throw scorn on any measures taken, constantly harp about media narrative and lament on how these multitude of restrictions are effecting them where realistically it’s indoor dining and drinking.

If people followed the very basic and workable measures that are still there then what’s the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭marilynrr

Who has a better chance of survival statistically once they've got to ICU? I personally don't know the answer but the stats are probably out there somewhere if you look!

Does a vaccinated person with some level of antibodies from that have a better chance of surviving even though their immune system hasn't worked to prevent them being seriously ill?

Or does an unvaccinated person without antibodies from vaccination statistically do better once they have got to the point of ICU?

If the stats aren't available then the doctors still probably already have an idea of who would have the better chance based on previous patients!

Once in ICU who has a better chance of recovering? Less vaccinated end up in ICU but once they are they are there what are their chances of recovering? 50%? 75%? I genuinely have no clue so I'm just throwing figures out there. What % chance does an unvaccinated person have of recovering once needing ICU treatment?

The one with the higher chance gets the bed. If both have an equal chance then the vaccinated/unvaccinated status isn't relevant!

Can i ask you a question and tell me to mind my own business if it’s not something that can be answered.

I was following the back and forth Sophie’s choice type scenario and the crux of it was you could only treat and not the other.

In non-pandemic times and pandemic times is it a regular or seldom that a choice didn’t need to be made and both got an ICU and both will be treated. Would be someone or their family be told that their is no ICU beds and there nothing more that can and them knowing that if there was a bed there would be a chance there would be a positive outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭marilynrr

Sorry I'm a little confused because I'm tired 😅

Are you asking if there was ever situations in Ireland where people have been told that their family member couldn't be helped anymore as there were no ICU beds? so the person was essentially not given a chance?

• Advertisement

Well maybe not like that but there was no available ICU beds which made a decision on possible treatment. It was just something i had never considered even though my brother is a consultant anathetist and reasponsible for an ICU. As in when the poster above was asking you which patient is more like to receive over the other, I’d hope more often than not the answer ‘I’d treat both’

Advertisement