Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Wow that's good, is that the g2a I think or cdkeys you get the vouchers from?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

After using Mexican for so long and ending that membership it would not accept payment for Turkish Lira on Revolut, despite using a Turkish vpn. Could get back to paying the pesos once switched back to Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

I was signed up to Netflix Turkey for the last year or so thanks to this thread and all was going well but it got cancelled on me today because my card is no longer valid. I changed my card and signed up today with an Irish sub, does anyone know if I'll run into problems in a month's time when trying to cancel and switch back to Turkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

I tried NordVPN and Windscribe for Turkey and both give me "There was an error processing your payment information. Please check that all fields are filled out correctly and try again." when I try pay.

Using a normal Revout card I topped up with some Lira.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

Same happened to me, so I followed the earlier comment of buying gift vouchers from g2a.

This worked and I have applied enough to my account to keep it active until next summer, for the princely sum of about €40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

I see these for sale now at 128 TL - for 100 TL credit, is that correct? I.e. doing it via vouchers is making it 28% more expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

This used to give me trouble with revolut after few months of use but I'm using my AIB account past 2 years and with max screens for €6 per month, never once an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dmac98

Just seen Netflix to offer free membership to Kenya. No restrictions.

any chance of bringing some of the free Netflix to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Good luck finding a VPN with Kenya on its list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Express VPN seems to be your man. 👆

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Hi All,

Current Irish subscriber and looking to avail of the Turkish option and just had a few questions.

With the turkish subscription I take it all the menu's are in English so identical to Irish subscription?

Do I need to cancel current subscription or could I change it? Planning to get setup also on Revolut card and pay that way. Also in terms of the vpn which is required for signup only can people recommend one?

Thank you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SpaceJamm

I'm sure this has been asked already but - I bought the Turkish vouchers, but Netflix won't let me redeem them from outside my own country, how do you redeem them? I have a paid VPN subscription.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I did the turkish thing recently, and had no issues.

Buy your turkish netflix giftcard. Let your netflix account lapse. Hide from wife and kids. Connect to vpn so that you are routing through turkey. Log into the turkish netflix page (if you're not redirected) and buy a subscription with the gift card. Disconnect from the vpn and that should be it. I used Hola vpn I believe.

Menu doesn't change, shows doesn't change. Your profiles all remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

I have 1 profile slot available in my Netflix family group, if anyone is interested drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Did Netflix change their terms recently? Long time Turkish subscriber and never had trouble watching at home in Ireland or on holidays. In Chile now with the wife and just getting a message that my account can't be used in this location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Is Turkish Netflix part of the EU passporting rules? If so Chile would be outside that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

No idea. Going by their website you'd expect to be able to use it no matter where you were in the world. Didn't people sign up to Argentina back in the beginning of this thread before Turkey became the cheaper option?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 busybee1700

Thanks OP. This worked after a few attempts for me.

Ended up gettting the Turkish gift cards and then after the first month went through on the gift card it took my N26 card the following month. Been working perfectly for the past 3 months now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭muloc

Quick question before I sign up as per the OP - is it all still valid and works?

Thanks

Seems so.

You don't have anything to lose by cancelling your current subscription and giving it a go at the end of your cancelation period. You can always sign up again in Ireland if you have issues getting it to work via Turkey or other location.

Just follow the OP instructions and try the gift cards if you have any issues as a work around. Read back over the thread on this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

I "May" have profile slot available in my Netflix family group as a friend has dropped out. if interested send me a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 johnli10628

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

Anyone having issues with payment, I can't get any card to work.

Try purchasing gift cards(details mentioned previously) and using these for the first month. Set your card as the backup payment method. Then when the gift card run out Neflix will try debit your card for payment.

Might work for you but no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

It's a gift card I used to set it up, I might try leaving it run out again to see what happens.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Moved from US to Turkey rather seamlessly! I didn't expect it to be so handy so thanks OP!

I had US already set up with my AIB card and Irish phone number so I didn't need to spend a month "in Ireland" before moving to Turkey. Used VPN Unlimited 7 day trial which worked. I had tried Hola initially but it wouldn't connect to Turkey for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Is it possible to do the netflix trick with disney+?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

When someone figures it out let me know! But answer to your question is no.

Advertisement