Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2021 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

never seizes to amaze me how people can complain about a sunny october here in Dublin with temperatures throughout between 15-21 degrees. Is it not good to have blue skies and warm dry weather?

I want a freezing cold winter with snow but would rather dry warm and sunny in Autumn than wet, cold and damp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Smashing day in Cork, blue skies, chilly and fresh in the wind but surprisingly warm in sheltered spots. What I wouldn't give for more days like this.

lovely day in Dublin, blue skies and fresher but very pleasant

Sitting down on a bench looking at the cattle near Arklow today,no breeze at all with the ditch being shelter,it honestly felt like mid Summer,Real warmth in that Sun you'd stay there all day

Are there any reports on rainfall or sun for the year, seems below and above average to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lovely day in meath, sunny all day apart from a very brief shower around 4.30, got the grass cut, taught my last cut would have been 2 weeks ago but theres been nice growth since that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Truly spectacular sunrise this morning

Unless the radar is wrong,the yellow rain warning for Cork and Kerry looks to have been a bit out versus say the North Midlands and Ulster 100' of km's away

Bone dry here in Arklow so far

Dull and windy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Awful evening in meath, windy and heavy rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Escaped much of the rain until 7.30pm here in south Laois. We got a spit of 0.2mm around 2.30pm beforehand. I was in Portlaoise around 3pm and it was considerably wetter there.

The rain has made it's presence felt here the last few hours with a few heavy bursts at times, up over 4mm now.

Quite breezy too with a sustained 15mph southerly.

A night for the fire, even though it's not that cool out with temperatures hovering just below 12c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Dazler97

It's 10 years today since the heavy rain caused flooding in the city centre, Tallaght and Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

A stunningly beautiful autumnal day in Dublin.

Another absolute cracker of an autumn day in Dublin. Unbroken blue skies, an amazing October overall

Forum is completely dead these days, shame, used to be some good analysis of charts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think that's more down to nothing exciting on the horizon rather than anything else.

Yeah, I rarely post anymore + it's a shame as I always loved the weather forum.

Site just not user friendly anymore.

Another lovely autumnal day in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Nice afternoon if a little chilly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another lovely day here in Meath. Similar to Dublin it's another dry month too with just over 35mm of rainfall for the month so far and the 2021 rain total has just made it into the 600mm range. At this stage we would need a very wet November and December to finish up at 800mm for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Kerry

• Heavy spells of persistent rain will lead to localised flooding.
    • Valid: 01:00 Wednesday 27/10/2021 to 01:00 Thursday 28/10/2021
    • Issued: 12:36 Tuesday 26/10/2021
    • Updated: 12:38 Tuesday 26/10/2021

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Cork

• Valid: 03:00 Wednesday 27/10/2021 to 03:00 Thursday 28/10/2021
    • Issued: 12:44 Tuesday 26/10/2021

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Wexford, Wicklow, Tipperary, Waterford

• Valid: 05:00 Wednesday 27/10/2021 to 05:00 Thursday 28/10/2021
    • Issued: 12:44 Tuesday 26/10/2021

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a decent day here in Meath, mild and dry. Managed to get the grass cut again, been alot of grass growth over the past 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Very windy here all day, some wild gusts at times too.

5 miles south of Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smallbush

Wild night here in North Galway seen yellow wind warnings for alot less.

The wind was unreal all day, its been so calm this autumn that it was a bit of shock to system.

Still lovely and mild though so that was a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

It was a treat to get a brief glimpse of some Kelvin-Helmholtz clouds while out on Inis Mór, the largest of the Aran Islands over the long weekend just passed.

What was also a treat was to just take in the ever changing light on the island. This was the case particularly on Sunday as showers rolled in off the Atlantic to be followed by clearing blue skies, a few rainbows and some lovely skyscapes in general.

That wonderful mix of sky, sea and stone adds so much to the unique character of these islands.

Below a picture of one of those approaching blustery showers on Sunday followed by a look at the impressive top of the shower cloud after it had pushed through.

Both yesterday and Sunday were great days for rainbows here in the West. The first one below is one as seen from the island on Sunday looking northwards in the direction of the Connemara coastline in the distance. The double rainbow below it, is one that I particularly liked that I saw in Rosaveel yesterday morning after disembarking from the ferry.

It is a wet night here at home in Mayo tonight after a largely grey, very mild and breezy day. It makes me appreciate those clearer blue skies of the previous two days and some of those nice autumnal hues that they helped to show off in the landscape.

Inis Mór, Oileáin Árann.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely shots Goldfinch8, great Kelvin-Helmholtz. Likewise enjoyed the everchanging light and quick moving showers here along the Kerry coast on Sunday and Monday , brisk wind and feeling fresh but great walking weather and got some nice wildlife shots.

Much milder today and windy getting up to 17.5C and currently 15.4C

Rain arriving here now from the long trailing front which looks like dropping around 2 inches ( 50 to 60 mm ) or more along parts of Southern counties in the next 24 hrs , possibly creeping into Orange Warning territory in a few spots ie 50 to 80mm in 24 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

The mind boggles that there wasn't even an advisory for the rain in Galway, I've been so switched off I wasn't expecting it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Windy in cork city and starting to drizzle.

Its strange hearing wind again! It sounds so strong even though it's not but it's just been so long since we've had any!

Shocking day in East Cork. Cork Airport has recorded 20mm since 1am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Hardly any rain at all here in South West Dublin, so far any way , the mountains seem to be doing they're job

Advertisement