Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paid Posters

• 22-10-2021 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭

It's been claimed many times now that posters on this forum are being paid to do so. This accusation only seems to be leveled at those posters who don't buy into the majority of conspiracy theories and question the popular ones.

I'm very curious to hear more about this theory and think it deserves it's own thread rather than clogging up other threads and being a distraction.

The claims range from "We're American agents" to "We're actually the same person" to "we get paid and have specific shifts." It's even been claimed we work for Israel.

So I'd like to know who exactly on this forum is paid to be here? How was this figured?

What shifts do we work? How come I've been stuck with the night shift?

Who pays us and how much do we get paid?

Where are we based? Is it all the same office?

I don't think mentioning specific names here would be against any rules as it's part of the theory being discussed and I don't think anyone would mind being accused as it's obviously going to be a false accusation.

However I fear that there isn't much of a theory here, and that the claims that we are paid posters are being made in entirely bad faith. It's possible that posters are just throwing out the accusation as a lazy attempt to discredit people made in anger or desperation.

Of course if anyone would like to confess to being paid by the CIA, by all means...

Comments

Advertisement