Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Have a 5m one which means we have to reverse the id3 into drive to charge, a 7.5m cable would have allowed charging in either parking configuration. Unfortunately 7.5m wasn’t available on WallBox when I installed. If you want flexibility go for longer cable.

My understanding is that ACC is completely independent from Lane Assist and Travel Assist and is not part of either of these systems. Cruise control is a separate functional system to lane monitoring and utilises radar as opposed to cameras (for lane monitoring).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Some of the German forums have owners who are able to access the car. I’m not sure what they’re using (will ask).

There’s a guy who is trying to get Travel Assist working by changing the setting on his car (didn’t come with Travel Assist) and he thinks a software hack/update will do it. I thought you needed some additional camera for it but he seems to have it working .

Mind you, he did replace his steering wheel for another VW with actual buttons so he must know a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

sounds like you need the longer cable as you don’t seem to have much to spare. As you said, you need slack otherwise it will be pulling on the charge port.

you can wrap some of the longer cable around the charge point so you are only dealing with the amount you actually use and as someone else said it gives flexibility on being able to park the car nose or rear in... that was my main reason for buying the longer cable as my wife won’t back the car in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Are you not supposed to unravel the cable completely?

• Advertisement

No, you don’t need to.

you might be mixing it up with the need to unravel an extension lead fully when using a granny cable in case it overheats and melts... not required on the tethered charge points.

Here is the full description of We Connect Plus services that will be available to ID owners at some point in the future, though not all services will be available in all territories.

https://www.myvolkswagen.net/weconnect/help/weconnectplus/weconnect_plus_en.pdf

Had an unfortunate day yesterday. Decided last minute to go to glendalough so I went out to car to load it. car hadn’t been touched since Friday so when I opened it was greeted by a horrendous smell. a piece of fish from the market had been left in over the weekend. It didn’t leak or anything but car smelled bad. We aired it out for a few minutes and brought out some coffee beans. Stinky car still preferable to stinky diesel. Set off with 80%. Glendalough was mental of course. By the time we got parked took kids out we discovered one needed a complete outfit change and in the fish hoohah we had forgotten to bring the changing bag.

back into the car and headed for Dunnes in cornelscourt to buy a change of clothes and went for a walk in cabinteely park instead. Both chargers there were in use. We had 40% ish left and one more stop to make. We could have made it home but decided to try public charging at kilcullrn services. 5 minutes there and we had plenty to get us on our way again.

car performed well for an unplanned longer journey fully laden. Delighted with the range of it and ease of use tbh.

and yeah it was a rubbish day but we all got home safe, sound and well so that’s the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sorry just skimmed it, but is that definitely available for ID owners?

All of the app mentions seem to refer to the we-connect app. Not the we-connect-ID app.

You’re quite right, it refers to the We Connect Plus service in conjunction with the We Connect app. It’s hard to imagine (though not impossible!) that they won’t roll out the We Connect Plus services (as opposed to We Connect Start) on the We Connect ID app in the coming months. Maybe with car software revision 3.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

There'll be word about the 3.0 update next week 🤫. Embargo in place until 3rd. November

Feck I suppose we better sort out 2.3

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Another query for the ID3 owners! What is your strategy for punctures? I have always had a spare wheel. Not sure what to do…the car has Goodyear self sealing tyres (up to 5mm?). Should I get a spare wheel of some sort (takes up limited space) or some puncture repair kit in case I get stuck somewhere?

Did you not get the kit with it?

There's a compressor and a can of gunk... I'm going to hate to have to use it, but hopefully it'll get me out of a hole if I need it.

I did have a screw cause a slow puncture some time ago, and I had that fixed. Last week I got the low tyre pressure indicator again, but I know it's sometimes caused by a change in temperature. So when I checked the pressures and reset the system it sorted it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Don't think the cars with 19" wheels get a repair kit. The tyres are supposed to be "self sealing" on small holes. I 'd like to have a back up plan though!

I have the 1st edition,with 19" wheels. I got the repair kit and I have Goodyear self sealing tyres. Maybe drop in to your dealer and look for it. Should have been included.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Put a deposit on a brand new id3 today. They have the life model in stock and I should pick it up next week. They were saying March/April next year for a 221. So I decided to get a 212. Any recommendations/tips re home charger, charging… driving style, (I found the b mode strange during the test drive), anything advice about the car really!! I’ll take everything on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Make sure you get a charging cable and granny cable with the car, they should be standard but they sometimes get nicked from showroom cars. The granny cable will be your charger until you get a home charger sorted

Make sure they load the latest software onto the car in the garage. You can check it in the infotainment, if it's running the old software then don't hand over the balance until it's updated

B mode is most useful for town and country road driving, most people seem to prefer D for motorways as the car will glide when you lift off the throttle

Other than that, enjoy the car, you've made an excellent choice 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Did someone order a nothing burger? 😬

I shouldn't be this cynical but I don't want to get hopes up before the feature list gets published

best of luck with new car! I use B on back roads. We have a zappi chargepoint but would look at any one that has scheduling functionality eg eo mini pro ( electric ireland can install ) or wall box pulsar plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've now joined the wireless Android Auto group after upgrading my P30 Pro to a Pixel 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Bumped into the Mad_Lad late this afternoon at Kilcullen. Torrential rain shortly after, fortunately neither of us needed to charge. Got a chance to see his fancy new wagon..😊

Wipers not able to cope at motorway speeds later..

Thanks ML for the coffee..👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

I'm still waiting for update 2.3. Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Looking to buy the VW charger, its asking me, two or three phase ? Something tells me im two, regular old (pre 50's) house.

You have single phase or three phase. Almost certainly single phase is what you have in a domestic scenario in Ireland.

Yep, me too. I received my email to agree to update in late August and again on October 1st requesting me to agree within 2 weeks. Unfortunately they went into my Promotions folder in Gmail and I didn’t see them until 3 days ago. Pressed the Agree button but God knows when the update will now happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Again with the wipers.

I just spent all day driving around in the monsoons.

There's F.A. wrong with em........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah, everyone else is wrong and you're right.

Congrats.

Advertisement