Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm very excited, been dying to watch it. The movie is hilarious, it was on Prime there recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

More of Waititi's work is coming to + with season 1 of Reservation Dogs starting on October the 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Top show.

Season 2 even better than one..Matt Berry is especially fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Free guy has been added...pretty quickly considering its still in cinemas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Do you need to pay extra (like Black Widow say) or is it free to watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

free to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Watched this tonight. Ryan Reynolds pretty much playing deadpool in slacks but a decent enough movie with some good laughs and probably should have been 20 minutes shorter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Buttros

Watched 3 episodes of what we do in the shadows already today. Its class. Matt Berry is brilliant.

Black Widow added today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’m very disappointed by the second episode of Y the Last Man.

I liked that the first episode focused on the lead up to the event and was interested to see the characters and the world come to grips with it and with Diane Lane taking power - and to Yorick’s realisation that he is the last Man alive.

But it jumps to 8 days later and a few minutes jumps even further.

They show us nothing of the aftermath and it makes it seem like no one can anything done

Plus Yorick - who was already unlikeable - is made to seem worse by the fact that he is searching for and leaving messages for the girlfriend who dumped him but doesn’t seem to give a damn about his own sister

and he is a weepy mess at the end

Post edited by Need a Username on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And seems only the first 2 episodes added even though the whole season has aired on Hulu.

Of course with the rate I'm catching up on shows, the second season will have fully aired by the time I get to start this series. 😀

the weekly thing that disney & apple tv do is a pain in the ****

getting very good reviews

Reservation Dogs review – a stereotype-smashing, Tarantino-esque triumph

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/oct/13/reservation-dogs-review-a-stereotype-smashing-tarantino-esque-triumph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know this is a month away but the new Beatles documentary looks unreal from a four minutes trailer.

The footage looks superb,looks like it was filmed recently and not 52 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Is anyone else finding the Disney+ tvOS app slow over the last couple of weeks?

my internet speed and signal is strong

Also, am I mistaken in thinking that American Horror Story had several seasons available when it was first released?

I watched a couple of episodes of season 1 years ago and didn’t like it so never checked it out again but was interested in just skipping to the Roanoke and Slasher seasons - I was certain that the first six or seven seasons were on the app but now I only see the 9 and 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I find my TV app to be annoyingly slow at loading certain content (eg carousel content further down the main page). I find it strange that such a high profile application would be so poor in terms of performance. Given I work in a similar field I thought it was at a level that might not frustrate others but possibly not.

I don't think early seasons of American Horror Story were ever on Disney+ but I'm not 100% sure as it's not a show I watch. I think Netflix still has exclusive rights to the earlier seasons over here. Just to confuse matters, the first season of American Horror Stories is airing on Disney+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I really hate Disney and their weekly episode releases, watched three episodes of reservation dogs but had to go somewhere else to watch the rest of the season. Its an absolute pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If true, this will probably tie in with Moon Knight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Not knocking you at all as I feel the same way on streaming services but it does go to show how spoilt we have become with binge TV: "I have to wait until next week to watch the cliffhanger? What am I? A CAVEMAN???!!!"

😀

Completely agree, utterly spoilt with tv show these days. I just want to binge shows now

It's not always a good thing either. Probably more a general tv chat, but now it's gone from having to catch up on 1 or 2 episodes to suddenly being a season behind and if you leave it a week, another season of something comes out. Or even the new thing some services do of releasing the first 3 episodes.

Was looking ahead for this month and there are 3 seasons of stuff (Cowboy Bebop and Hellbound on Netflix and Wheel of Time on Amazon) releasing the same day that I'm interested in. True there's no rush in watching anything but it is 3 shows suddenly added to the backlog. First world problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Add Lost in Space, Star Trek discovery, Bobba Fett, The expanse, all coming up this month and next

Still need to start Lost in Space. Discovery and Boba Fett are weekly so not too bad.

I see Home Alone 4 and 5 have been added today in case people want to see the direction they went with it before the new one comes out.

arriving tomorrow for disney day

Ciao Alberto

Enchanted

Entrelazados

Dopesick (in international markets available in the US on Hulu)

Fancy Nancy Season 3

Feast

Frozen Fever

Get a Horse!

Home Sweet Home Alone

Jungle Cruise

Marvel Assembled: The Making of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings

Marvel Studios Legends: Hawkeye

Olaf Presents

Paperman

Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings

Spin

Tangled Ever After

The Ballad of Nessie

The Little Matchgirl

The Making of Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles

The Simpsons in Plusaversary!

The World According to Jeff Goldblum

Tick Tock Tale

Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Signed up a couple of days ago and already cancelled the subscription.

The content is fairly poor - definitely lots there but not much outside of the more children focused stuff.

Also I find the usability poor in terns of filters, categorizations etc - just no real excuse considering the amount of well oiled streaming services out there

• Advertisement

I'd assume dopesick is a weekly release?

Advertisement