Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The product description will tell you exactly what's wrong with it. It's not going to be a refurb anyway, very likely to be a cosmetic blemish or damaged packaging or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I've gotten plenty from amazon warehouse before and all was perfect but there is something strange about the amazon UK ps5 drops lately. I've noticed it now the last month or so of looking. The amount of used like new PS5 stock that appears is really bizarre.

I suspect a scalper/bot is buying lots of PS5. When the consoles are shipped, they are opened or boxes are damaged, returned to amazon in an as new condition. Amazon resells them at reduced price once received and the same scalper/bot buys them back at the reduced price. There was 15 used/like new PS5 in stock today when I got mine and it's not the first time I've seen this amount of used/like stock appear only to be sold in a matter of seconds.

I know a guy that done similar at a much smaller scale when buying computer parts. He'd buy a bunch of stuff "damage" the boxes when he received them, return it and then buy the returned stuff on his other account.

Anyway my order is in and all will be revealed when it arrives. I got a new one from amazon Germany the week before, so my brother kids and my kids are now sorted for Xmas. Amazon is more expensive than the likes of GameStop but in some ways it's handier for me and I don't mind paying the 20-25 euro extra and having it delivered to my door without having to queue either online or in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Argos UK will have a drop, both online and in store, tomorrow morning from 8am. Chances are that the Irish stores will follow the same, although it cannot be confirmed.

Last time when this happened (just a few days ago), the Irish stores only allowed walk-in purchases and no online reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Gamestop drop this week is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Last time did they show online that they have them in stock?

• Advertisement

No. They were in stock in Argos UK site but not in the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭jj880

There is stock to reserve in Dundalk Argos. Edit: GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I think it was a glitch. I tried there and got an email without a reservation number

There was 1 left at Liffey Valley at 8:00:05. Too late when I entered my email address and it became out of stock with a phantom reservation…

Yeah yer probably right. They were def in stock at 8am in Northern Ireland to collect in store but gone in seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Same here for Blanch, email no code and no text.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I'm sorted with my PS5 thank God. However I was reading this thread this morning when I was near Liffey valley Argos so I popped in. The PS5 appears in stock on thier in-store system ready for collection on the 31st , when you place a reservation you just get a ghost reservation with no number. I asked behind the counter and they said it was a glitch, there was nothing in stock and nothing due in. Make of that what you will lads, best of luck trying to get one. Hopefully you manage to do so.

Going to be annoyed parents who think they have one booked! Argos need to sort it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I would say Argos did have some stock. I know at 3am, the "buy or reserve" button appeared for the PS5 disc edition on the Argos Ireland web site. Not sure if stock was actually released at this time or if it was held back until 8am (suspect the latter).

Staff seem to be under instruction to say nothing regarding stock. Which is fair enough, otherwise they'd be pestered all day.

They do however need to sort out the ghost reservation emails. Surely a very easy IT fix as it already says "no stock" on the web site when this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

No it is not I don't get how people don't get argos nó reservation code nó item its always been that way. Its like people are only finding this out about argos on this specific item. Was the same last year for ps5 in argos and earlier this year, people going on about having 1 reserved but didn't get a confirmation code. No confirmation code no item period on any item in there if you try and reserve any item from their website.

Not everyone is computer literate, they'll see an email and think they have a booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

It even says in the email to quote your reservation number when in store. Its not as if argos is just new in Ireland this has always been the case.

I agree they should just fix it. Surely even a simple check for null reservation number would do it. 1 line of code.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

And if they read the email they will see a very specific line something along the lines of "This product has not been reserved"

I had a chat with the staff in both Liffey Valley and Tallaght this morning. Most if not all stores indeed have some in stock. Unlike last week where the online reservation was not open and some people may just walk in to the store 30 minutes after open and still managed to get one, this time they turned on the online reservation, so pretty much everything was gone in like under a minute.

The ghost reservation issue has been like that since I used Argos for the first time... god knows how many years ago. I think both the stores and most customers will accept that it is what it is. HQ apparently doesn't have the appetite of getting it fixed any time soon.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I must check a couple of the emails I have at lunch time but I am 100% certain I had some last weekend and it had the above or something to that effect on it.

Below are the differences between a ghost reservation and a valid reservation.

The left one is a ghost reservation - no reservation number, no product details, no collection dates.

They should just fix it - If 1 of my parents got this they would think they have it reserved.

Exactly, I agree most would cop on but there is always 1 or 2, especially if they are desperate! Luckily for me my son is an xboxer, the PS5 is for me 🤩

Yes, when you see the emails side by side you can see how it would cause confusion - especially as it says "thank you for your reservation" in the subject line. Probably causing many who are unaware to travel to the store.

deleted post

Post edited by JDxtra on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cfallon10

Any word on any drops this weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just seen on PS5 Facebook page

posted by the admin so must have some creditability but take with a pinch of salt in case not true

• Advertisement

Anyone know what to expect at stores?

E.g. Do you queue up and they come out with tickets to avoid a stampede inside?

Advertisement