Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was in a furniture shops years ago and they had a big sign at the door

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET YOUR CHILDREN JUMP ON OUR BEDS

BUT LEAVE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AND WE WILL BE AROUND AFTER WORK TO JUMP ON YOURS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A sign I saw in a pizza place recently, "unaccompanied" children will be given an expresso and a free to keep kitten!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Instagram and WhatsApp lurkers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Messaged a girl on tinder , hi I'm xxxx. My names on the profile. She keeps replying with my name spelt wrong !

TA When I have a mere 3 or so tabs 'open' ? 'up' ? (whatever the terminology is) on my laptop, and for some unknown reason they decide to get cliquey.. No longer will the three of them be side by side at the top of the screen, but one will decide to migrate to the bottom.. It's like they've been "practising social distancing before it became fashionable" , as Ted Danson might say in that snippet for his latest junket Mr Mayor 😂

Another TA... When highlighting a piece of text in a post ie italicizing it; it's best to wait until the whole post/paragraph is written, as, when I was doing the italics above - straight after typing the text -, the next non-highlighted word/s that I typed became italicized without my authorization 😣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

One of the neighbours is watching one of the Harry Potters. Bloody theme music seeping through the walls every few minutes 🙉

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Finally sat down to watch Black Widow this evening. I was really looking forward to it. Tedious rubbish.

Wife went to bed after an hour. I lasted another 24 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That stupid before & after ad with yer man doing his mirror selfies. It's literally on every single page, three times per page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Everyone who voted yes for abortion got the covid vaccine, no my body my choice now.

"Celebrities" on the cover of them TV mags, or in the plenty of times when they get photographed. TA what's with the bloke grabbing his left cuff with his right hand - seems to be an unusual, yet common occurrence... Maybe they have deals to advertise watches 😊 Nicky Byrne on yesterday's 'The Irish Sun' TV mag is the offender in chief this go-around..

• Advertisement

As far as I'm aware everyone who got the vaccine chose to do so, unless you know of forced vaccinations taking place around the country that have somehow gone entirely unreported in the media???

"chose to do so"... Well, in this instance, that's pretty vague,,,, Did they choose to, because they wanted it, or did they choose to do it through coercion, or because they valued their 'new freedoms' (that they would otherwise be deprived of) more than any worries that they may have had over the substance involved; although, absent any of those liberties being stripped, perhaps those people wouldn't have chosen to take the vaseline..

Well I can only speak for myself (unlike Vriesmays, who apparently has polled every single person who voted to repeal), but I took it because I wanted to and because I felt it was the best way to protect my health.

Almost like it was my body and my choice, amazingly!

Not sure where vaseline comes into the equation, but I use that too, when my lips are chapped. Also a choice, just so we're clear...

😊 fair enough...!

"Vaseline", apparently, is a 'codeword' used to fool the 'bots' / moderators etc, on some sites - where, perhaps, the discussion concerns the "demerits" of the vaccine (for some reason, a lot of the big SM sites frown on this type of freedom of expression)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The moderators can just read your posts. There is no key word flag on boards other than the swear filter

Was using it 'out of solidarity' - Boards isn't the only discussion/SM forum in Ireland 😊 It's the big global ones that generally want to ban any discussion on the 'vaselines' 😁 (sic) , that runs contrary to 'The Science' !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The elderly family member who literally has gone from having a hearing problem to being practically deaf, but is still hesitant to do something.... you have to shout at him to talk to him and he gets you to repeat about 50-60% of what you say.. and it’s getting worse..I’ve noticed over the last two years other family members loosing patience repeating stuff ad nauseam as no conversation is easy.... or anyway fun / relaxing just repeating yourself non stop...and i and others are finding it a little challenging not to be a little direct shall we say..

The way some restaurants do poached eggs that are barely cooked with the yolk completely liquid, and little raw blobs. Haven't they heard of salmonella?

Woof in Dublin (years ago) provided me with the complete opposite - a completely cooked yoke. And the telltale signs of a lil baggie they used to cheat. Like... HOW??!? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I've been disappointed so many times by poached eggery, it's my go-to when I'm hungover and does not bode well for a timely recovery.

It is what it's.

I got a free trial of Arial 3-in-1 pods. When I took my clothes out of the wash, I had to check the wrapper to see if it was actually a dishwasher tablet (nope, it's for clothes). They (and my place now) smell like a teenage mechanic's overalls that've been chucked in the corner of the bedroom after he's been working out in the rain all week 🤢 I won't be buying the Arial Fresh'n'Fresh gimmick to fix the problem they've built-in, I'll go back to Aldi's stuff... whenever they get it back in stock 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've a cold that's coming and going. I wish it would just flatten me for a few days and then f off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Rachel Riley is up the pole again.

The lucky Russian battery:(

Paddy Power and their bs lame 'comedy',,

The 3.30 Curragh race is titled: "Paddy Power 'I'd Love A Pint But I Forgot My Covid Cert' Handicap (45-70)" What a crock of shoyyttt!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In the supermarket earlier... witnessed an elderly lady, about late ‘70s and very small in stature ask a young enough guy who was about 6’1” / 6’2” if he’d mind getting a box of coke zeros from the top shelf for her... she was meters away when asking, extremely polite but his reply in an aggressive tone... “ I’m sorry but do I really look like I work here, ? “

I was just left thinking the best thing that this prick could get for himself was terminal arse cancer...a fûckin dweeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

My Dad once again thinking its appropriate to call me fat over a video call. I struggle with my weight a little, but work hard to keep myself healthy, and I'm actually at a weight and routine I'm happy with right now. And although I should brush it off, it really makes me angry that he is so fcuking rude.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"No, you look and sound completely unemployable".

I really despair for humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Maybe more than a TA but I have a mate that has just been jailed for 6 months. Feel so sorry for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Himself and a friend had an argument in the local over something silly and he hit him a box. Something that happens ten a penny when drink is on board. Said friend took him to court claiming assault. It has really divided the community as I live equidistant between the two families, and they would be both well respected in the community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

You have to get up wayyyy earlier than normal, so you go to bed really early; then can't get to sleep, then when you finally do nod off, you wake up every hr or so.. till finally you have to get up and have hardly slept at all... grr.... gonna be cross eyed later

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement