Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"That's a good point, Brandon, and I'd love to discuss it further if I actually gave a fùck."

I like that Chase guy. Him, Tony Gabagool and Mandy 2.0 are the highlights of new NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't realise the contract worked like MitB. Meant they didn't the obvious route

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I find Mandy and the other two absolutely awful. Every week they're cutting promos like you'd see in Universe Mode in a 2k game.

Gigi is particularly annoying as she overdoes her expressions way too much. I get it, your gimmick is deranged ex.

Yeah, the promos are crap and she can't really wrestle well but otherwise, she's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I’m enjoying this show. But not sincerely. more in a so bad it’s entertaining way. The mindset behind it is so fascinating and it gets “better” every week. Pure car crash tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,478 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This new nxt hasn't grown on me yet

Some of the new guys/girls in it are fairly meh

Ciampa really looks his age now comapred others on the roster and seriously needs to think about moving up to the main roster

He's only 36 but I get what you're saying.

Tbh I'm starting to wonder about Ciampa. I'd almost wager on him taking a backstage role with WWE before trying to go elsewhere. He's had some serious injuries.

Gargano on the other hand is a hard one to crack. He's gone the Daniel Bryan route in thinking maybe comedy will get him over with the WWE suits, but it's still such a waste. I'd liken him to Cole and say either he goes to the main roster or bites the bullet and takes his chances elsewhere.

He might be Keith Lee's new manager but at least he might get to keep his name unlike what was planned for Adam Cole as us viewers might of thought Adam was Michael Coles son

Gargano back as a face it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jo187

Gargano might be happy in his spot. His wife works there, very little travel it seems, he must be an good money at this stage and clearly could go into a backstage role inside the company.

It's a lot of security to give up to try your chances in AEW or where ever.

• Advertisement

what the fcuk was the Wagner and KOR segment in the woods? This show unintentionally hilarious

They're reeeeally leaning into Mandy's sex appeal. It'll do nothing for ratings but bless them for trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,715 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Io Shirai is very lucky not to be dead after that!

interesting to see Bron jobbed out clean in the middle of the ring.. Joe Gacy is an obnoxious character but the mindset in how the lads behinds the scenes think of modern “liberals” is fascinating and gives an indication of the mentality of Vince and his goon. A guy comes out and says “we have a bunch of sexy women who are all dressed up for your entertainment” and is in interrupted by Gacy scolding the sexualising the female roster and he’s the heel. This show delivers every week in complete nonsense and it’s glorious

How did they get a celebrity the caliber of Chucky to appear?

Surprised at all title changes. Guess this is all part of the 2.0 reboot as well. Though they didn't seem to know what to do with Io and Zoey. Also the fans are turning on MSK for some reason.

I thought Dakota was going to the main roster.

If Bron had won the title after that slip off the ropes it would've been a mistake. I know it could happen anyone but with Wade mentioning it being a sign of his inexperience backs up that he's too green.

The one doing subtitles on the show is excellent at their job. For a supposedly live interview they got the subs up for Imperium before they even said the words.

Few timing/camera issues this week. Grayson starting talking too early and a couple of cue-waiting shots. Like Diamond Mine waiting to start talking and Raquel supposedly driving in from outside only to be shown waiting on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ThePott

I sort of had the opposite thoughts. I expected nearly every title to change for this reboot. Felt like they wanted to get rid of the last vestiges of the old NXT, even expected the main title to change but glad it didn't. I haven't been keeping up on 2.0 though so who knows.

It was a decent show but it also gave me no interest in checking the show out weekly like I used to. There was so much crammed in and I don't like the presentation of it. I hope some of these people are being moved up to the main roster but given they just did a draft I'm guessing that won't happen. The matches were pretty solid overall but nothing on the level they used to be save for maybe the men's tag match.

I assume that promo was a pre-tape. As a big Chucky fan I'm glad corporate synergy allowed him to appear.

Gigi Dolin is very annoying.

I assumed they would wait until the next takeover which is usually Survivor Series weekend, but checking now and doesn't seem to be a Takeover scheduled anytime soon

People need to relax on the hype for him and that was the right result last night.

We've seen many times over that hotshotting someone will not work.

Interesting that the fans boys aren't rushing in to call out the wwe like they were when Archer landed on his head for not stopping the match after Io nearly broke her neck in a stupid spot while the match continued on and the wwe wrestler all hit twitter calling her the best in the world for taking one of the most stupid bumps with a group of green as grass wrestlers who made that ladder match so dangerous not having a clue what to do and should not be near anyone in a wrestling ring.

wwe loving showing it off great way to protect there talent.

• Advertisement

Wasn't that dangerous, to be honest. She rolled through it well. Owens took a worse bump the night before.

It's funny how heated you get with any criticism of AEW though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ThePott

That is a very strange reaction.

Dangerous spot, sure but Io literally rotated to take the bump perfectly. Can you argue that it's a dumb and unnecessary spot, probably but you eliminate a lot of great wrestling spots by that logic. As for them all being green, the only person involved in the spot was Indi and her job was just there to make the ladder fall slower to give Io time to bump properly which she did if you watch the full clip. I mean if there was one critique of her it's that she left go off the ladder after Io left a bit early and it nearly followed her out of the ring but it didn't so kind of a moot point.

I don't know where the AEW bit comes in but I'll bite. The issue people had with that was that Lance Archer was injured and they let it continue so he could be rolled up instead of just calling the match. Io took this bump and was never involved again and the match quickly ended after. Had something gone wrong the match wouldn't have needed her anyway and she would have been able to seek immediate medical attention regardless. If anything that's good producing and good looking out in the event she had been injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The reason why the fans are turning on MSK is because one of them said that Izzy(Bayleys super fan) shouldn’t have taken a choke slam in a ring at 13(Lance storm and Chelsea green said the same) but it seems Izzy and her parents have got a group of the fans to boo them.

Also, this is the spot you should pick if you're gonna whinge and play what-about...

Just catch him. It happens so often where wrestlers are just like "Nah, not my job."

Get in a pile, catch him. I'm not a wrestler but it's easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I watched dynamite over breakfast Sunday morning, I'm only catching NXT now.

Silly silly bump, landing crossways on a ladder like that is begging for a dislocated shoulder, but she seemed to land as safely as possible, so fair play to her, her own stupidity wasn't her undoing.

The big difference between that and archer were A) she didn't get back in the ring and B) there appeared to be no head and neck trauma.

One person taking a stupid spot does not make another companies unsafe work practices any better.

Luckily it was a move like that where they could more easily control the landing. If it was a suplex, they'd be screwed

That is very sad by the fans. Reading about it, the comment was made 3 years ago before they signed. Nothing WWE can really do about it, I suppose.

Wouldn't be surprised if the guy doing the cutter is hurt. You can see right at the end, that doesn't look like "selling pain" more like "My fùcking back..."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well they could tell the fans to not be dicks.

• Advertisement

Advertisement