Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I post a comment

Options
  • 26-09-2021 7:29pm

Do I need approval.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

In general, no, you don't need approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Yvonne just click on this box below the last comment in a thread and tap away

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 Dailo75

Why is there no option to Flag, Quote, or Thanks when looking at a thread. I want to reply to a comment but there was no option. My friend sent me a screenshot with the above three options. None of which are showing for me. could it be a closed group or something the thread in question is Re : 2020 Executive Officer in the Civil service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

157 comments so far..did you need approval before?

I'm leaving it. I had an ornamental knife collection to sell. Everything is getting rejected. Too much hastle so will sell in the real world by word of mouth. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 GalwayGirl2021

I'm having the same issue. I want to comment on a thread, but there is no option for me to do so. This is the only thread I have found where there is an open comment box at the bottom of the thread. There are no icons on any other chat for me to comment on. My only icons are a twitter or facebook post. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to join a discussion to post on it? This is my first ever comment, so apologies if this is a basic question. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

At the bottom of any thread, you should have this box. Enter a comment & press 'Post Comment' button.

If it's not there, make sure the thread is not 'locked', as in closed. You may also need a higher post count on some forums before you can reply.

Try replying to this post.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Thanks for your help Bronson. There is no tab like in the image for me, and I've searched on several threads. On my screen for this thread, there is a giant "leave a comment" box at the bottom of the page, but this box is not visible on any other thread page I've looked at. It's odd because the thread I want to comment on is an active thread with the last comment within the hour. There are 500 comments on it, whereas this one only has a few comments. I'm baffled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Post the link to the thread you're trying to reply to.

• Advertisement

I suspect this is because you've not verified your email address, and are thus restricted to certain exception forums like Helpdesk. I'm waiting to confirm this.

You do indeed need to hit the verification link you should have received when you signed up.

Thanks for your help Spear, that makes sense. I have searched my email and clicked on the link I was sent at the time, which now doesn't work - assumably it is only active for a certain amount of time. I wonder if there is a way to resend that link? Sorry for being such a newb :)

Hmm, it used to be the case that the links were indeed time sensitive and only valid for 24 hours. Equally there used to be a link to resend it for such cases. I'll need to check this out with the office.

There should be a pop-up warning you that your account hasn't been verified, with it offering to resend the email as well.

Is this not appearing?

Can anyone tell me how to delete my account please. Cant find op

I sent e mail and no reply.

No, I’m not getting that on any page. I’ve tried desktop and mobile and it’s not in either. I read about that in the newbie FAQ thread but there’s just a screenshot of what should be there but no clickable link unfortunately. Thanks for your help

Are you using an adblocker or incognito mode/private browsing mode? What browser are you using?

I’m currently using Safari and I was in private mode but I switched over and still nothing showing. On PC I was using Chrome. I assume they both have some form of ad blocker.

• Advertisement

We'll try with Chrome. In Chrome, can you please disable the pop-up blocker as a test, then reload the tab with boards.ie in it, and see if the pop-up appears? Don't forget to re-enable the pop-up blocking afterwards.

Spear, thanks so much for your help. I actually don’t have access to the pc at the moment, just the phone. I think the easiest thing to do would be to register today with a new username and click the activation link as soon as it arrives. Thanks again 😊

We could have @Boards.ie: Niamh check this out if you want.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

@GalwayGirl2021 if you email hello@boards.ie from your registered email address, I can activate your account for you. Sorry for the delay getting back to you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lighthouse666

Same issue here, I've emailed above address

Advertisement