Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Pretty much all of the coins has been from consumables.. sitting on a 2.2m transfer profit atm. This week I focused on the usual CAM>CM cards but markets a bit dead atm so I’m rotating with that and the CDM>CM + anchor chemstyles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is it a bug in the game where when you ‘compare price’ thing for position modifiers, injury recovery items etc that it never returns anything from the transfer market. It only seems to work for certain items.

Fairly annoying when you have a pack of items

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That must take a huge amount of volume, fair play for sticking at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Have enough points to try qualifiers again but going to wait and see how good the totw is before I enter.

Upamecano is in futbin's predicted totw so hopefully he'll get in as I have his otw untradeable.

Also saw on the fifa subreddit that they're bringing back the blue champions league cards that are the same rating as the gold card. They always seem pointless to me outside of the odd objective that requires them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jesus christ at least when they were first introduced they were different and a +1. But now they're utterly useless and just there to troll you now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

They'll also reduce the price of regular gold cards even further, as there'll now be 2 of each player in the Champions League on the market, thus increasing supply even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Wasn't going to do the totw sbc but had a few untradables so said feck it as near deadline. Maybe id get lucky....

Got 75 rated seko which was bad enough if I didn't already have a untradable version of him.

Disgusted with myself

Kept my TOTW pack in hopes of a Salah… got Gulasci, King and Atal which isn’t the worst.

Got the big surge on the silver cards at 6. Cleared 60 immediately (had reduced some of them down as there was no move last week) you kind of need to take the hit on the trade pile so you know when its moving time and then max the value of the ones sitting in the club which I had a full contingent off. Went from just over 200k to getting Salah and still have over 100k left.

It was the silver objective, but that's also the beauty of the silver in that an SBC or objective can move them.

• Advertisement

Back banging the drum about ELO not being used/working properly in the playoffs:

First game I got absolutely butchered by my opponent. Messaged him afterwards to say well done and ask about what division and record he had.

Division 2 and that win had took him to 4-0.

So I should be matching with players at +/- 0 to 1 give or take, yet getting put against someone at +3 at that point.

FFS! 🙄😅

Made it through at 5-2 anyway and gave the last two away, the other defeat was in ET after coming back from 3 goals down early doors which had me at 2-2, so went on a good run to get through.

Starting to think the 4-3-2-1 I've been having a lot of success with may be on the verge of becoming redundant as the power creep starts to take hold.

Feels like good players can really destroy it on the counter and it is very exposed at times with just the one stay back CDM.

I'll run it for this upcoming WL and see what the story is after that.

I've put another 300k into IF Azpilicueta's 85 OVR (13.5k) and IF Ilicic's 86 OVR (15.75k).

I know it's not a normal market this year but I just can't resist at those prices and would expect they will surely double in the coming weeks/month? Worst case scenario I won't lose my bollocks anyway and will make a lot of coins back on them.

Expecting I will have to hold until maybe the third week in November to maximize the profit which is when the first Base Icon SBC dropped last year and I'm fine with that.

About 1-2 trade piles full a day. Average over the last 2-3 weeks has been 100k/day but at weekends it ramps up massively. For example, the Friday that the RTTK was released, everyone spammed their saved packs and I came away with maybe 200-300k profit that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wasn't gonna qualify this week but went and did it. Was 5-2 so gave away a few wins with my bronze team.

Rulebreakers confirmed for Friday so will be nice to get some packs

I've had 3 attempts to get into Elite and just playing half decent people with button delay is a complete waste of time.

Getting close to just packing this game in, its 80% servers and 20% the game. They haven't fixed anything in the patches. Cursor change is still shite, long passes are still risky as the power bar doesnt make any difference to where you want to go etc.

When I try to defend if someone changes direction my players will take about 10 metres to go the way I've switched to while the opposition are all skating around like George Best in possession.

It's a waste of time playing this game in the west of Ireland if you're just playing slower than everyone all the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure how 2IF Rowe is going to affect the twenty Ifs I had of him, lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I believe it’s just random, I’m hitting Div 2 myself and have failed twice to qualify, I play rivals games and don’t struggle. The only issue I have in this game is qualifying for champs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Was going to give wl qualifiers a go but saw that my Upamecano was still 82 rated so decided to wait.

Got the jumbo rare players pack for 50 rivals wins, 24 rare golds with a guaranteed 84+ and the best card was 84 Felipe 😑.

Hopefully we get an Origi rulebreaker on Friday who gets 99 finishing at random points throughout a match to mirror his real life performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Have any of you been using Robbie Keane this year? I'll be playing him till next September, he's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Current team, we are up to div 4 now, happy with the defence and midfield, strikers aren't amazing me so far and Neymar is great but not as overpowered as he was I don't think. Frenkie and Gini are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Played a few games yesterday evening, still stuck 1st in div.4, i got 1 step away from div.3 and met two 89ovr teams, followed by a 90ovr, im never getting out of div.4

Thinking of a change to this, although de ligt is very good

How long are you in div 4? I only got to 3 at the end of the 21 cycle so I reckon 4 is probably my level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

When does Upamecano and Alaba Ones to Watch cards upgrade now that they are in TOTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

He was the goal I had set when he was announced. I'm glad I went all out for him.

He is unreal

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I hate the sight of Kimpembe. Most annoying CB to play against in the game IMO.

Yes he is very good. I packed him and Gini at the start.

Keep your packs until tomorrow evening when the Rulebreakers promo starts guys!

Hit Elite last night. I got stuck for ages in the the first 4 step part of D4 or D3, but outside of that there was very few delays.

I had about 5 shots at Elite before winning the final game but never dropped the whole way down to step 1 which helped in the end.

There doesn't seem to be any reason to play more than the minimum Rivals games now. For the 7 wins you get the max, the movement in Elite is just superficial for a leaderboard and ranking.

So I've reached the top of the tree, and I'll maintain my view that overall its actually worse than 2021. No sour grapes involved as I win way more than I lose. I maintain based on the trial it's the servers and it just messes the whole thing up.

However lots of the same engine issues from 2021, or version 1 of 22 arent fixed. I cant say anything is different from patch 0 despite the patch notes.

Wonder how many divisions I'll drop after the season ends. If we all go to D10 ill likely not play as many Rival games to get to Elite again.

I was playing the game solid for the first two weeks, so climbing those divisions(better team means I'd climb higher) from scratch will take too many games for a season going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Finally up to Div 1. Took a while to get the successive wins to get out of Div 2. Enjoyable games though. Neymar is such a difference maker. He just finishes those easy/clear chances that every other striker I've had would miss a good percentage of.

Advertisement