Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD Narrow bars

Options
  • 24-10-2021 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Would like to try out some narrow bars as have the feeling that I’m reaching outwards to the hoods. My thinking is that this is causing some unnecessary stress on and between shoulders. Am on 42 c-c at the moment so I suppose I’m looking for 38 or 40 c-c. Anything out there for sale for an experiment? South Dublin based for collection.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

have you measured your shoulders? there are a couple of guides/videos on how to do it, could give you more feedback on what might be suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Thanks Will have a Google search

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭micase

I think I have a set of 38 cm Selcof carbon bars. The only thing is that they are the 35mm ones. I'm sure I have a stem to go with them but it would be no more than 90mm.

Thanks but I might leave it as I’m going to try and keep the same stem and Garmin mounts etc wouldn’t fit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have a 38cm Rose in my office, drop me a PM and you can try it out, yours to keep for 20euro if it suits.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Got it, I have 36/38cm set up on my bikes so you can have a try when you collect

Thanks a lot to Cram Cycle for his generosity in letting me try these out.

I really very much appreciate it.

Advertisement