Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2021 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Only tiny bits of rain in Dublin. It's like 19c or something though, really windy and dark too. Reminds me of a typical July/August day when you're asking yourself why tf you live in this country.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible day here in Meath, mild Atlantic muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Heavy rain and localised flooding here in Leitrim. The last 2 days and nights have seen tremendous downpours.

A lot of growth but the ground is too wet to cut.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Rain starting to hit Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Wow, raining non-stop in North Kildare since last night, alternating between light and moderate! Currently moderate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

It's been raining on and off all day in D24 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Any sign of a few dry days on the horizon?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Regular bands of rain and showery bands of rain up to Thursday. After that there is a chance we may get some dry weather.

In fairness it hasn't been this unsettled in a long time, early August probably the last time we had several wet days in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Up to 30mm now. Another 20mm+ forecast before it eases tomorrow morning. One of the wettest days we have had in the south of Cork in a fair while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

overcast in Dublin 5 today but not much rain at all, certainly nothing like what was expected. I was in the park this afternoon and only a very light shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Any rainfall totals where folks are reporting from? The 10am recording here in South Laois was 4.6mm (Automatic Weather Station said 4.8mm) which either-way was much less than I thought had fallen. Since 10am the AWS says 3.6mm. Temperatures steady throughout with a small range 14.1c to 16.9c over the last 32hrs. Winds have been persistent but nothing major - top gust 34mph for the same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Cork airport had already had 114mm of rain for October before today, could be heading for 200mm by end of the month at the rate it seems to be falling there today. 221mm of rain so far in parts of Mayo (furnace station), I dont know how people bare that type of monthly rainfall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Orange - Rain warning for Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Following recent heavy rain today, there will be additional significant accumulations of rainfall this evening (Wednesday) and overnight with flooding in places

Valid: 17:30 Wednesday 27/10/2021 to 06:00 Thursday 28/10/2021

Issued: 17:30 Wednesday 27/10/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

There's been around 30mm of rain in the South so far and lots more to come.

I drove up the M11 this morning from Arklow to Enniskerry and it was bloody dangerous with heavy rain and spray with poor visibility but it was relatively dry in Enniskerry

Driving back in the afternoon, I met the heavy rain conditions, spray and poor visibility again south of the Ashford exit

Total here near Arklow is now around 18mm and it's raining steadily

Some serious rainfall down south, by my quick tots , since midnight:

Sherkin 43mm

Cork Airport 36mm

Roches Point 34mm

Waterford 31mm

Catching a heavy pulse across southern Laois right now... 3.2mm in just under an hour. Event total up at ~11mm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Raining here near Rathdrum in Wicklow all day but it's getting heavier now. Road outside my house is beginning to flood, I imagine it will be bad in the morning given the forecast. I have not missed the rain.

Console view here near Arklow

Unreal totals! 😮

Up 'till 10am this morning there was 44.8mm for the entire month of October in this part of southern Laois.

Our normal October average figures would be around 88mm. Our year to date total is 553.4mm which is roughly 137mm shy of the 690mm we'd have normally got by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

The sunny south east…..

52mm in Roundwood Since midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

Interesting that the orange warning for Wicklow only runs until 6am tomorrow morning. GFS has heavy rain continuing until late morning/noon.

56.6 there in roundwood now

21.3 here in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Nearly 40mm in Arklow Town

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heavy Rain here in meath last couple of hours, gauge saying 7.8mm in the last hour alone, field next door flooding already, farmers only worked on it yesterday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

37.3mm now at my Waterford station. A yearly Max, All time record is 54.1mm on the 17th of August 2020. Data goes back to October 2010

Nope 23 to 24mm both at my station and at Arklow's met Éireann station

• Advertisement

I wasn't expecting this much rain but the garden needed it. Ground hard as a rock up to this morning. Garden will likely become much softer over the next week. Another 60 to 90mm could easily fall between now and Thursday of next week.

Advertisement