Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good place to stay around Castletroy

• 27-10-2021 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi, my wife got a job near castletroy and we are planning to reallocate early next year. Highly helpful if someone can suggest some good places to stay with,

- comparitively less rent

- connectivity

- nearby school

We are looking for a home with 2-3 bedroom. We have car and she need to be in office once or twice in a week. So little bit travel could be ok. But nearby school is important because I want to reduce my kids daily travel as much as possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Murroe. Co. Limerick. Seven miles from Castletroy. Popular with people who commute. All basic amenities in village including school. Nice surrounding countryside. Rent cheaper than Limerick City or suburbs. Rental property in Co. Limerick, like everywhere else, is in very short supply indeed.

*Newport, Co. Tipperary. Look here also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

You haven't said where you need to be near yourself, if anywhere?

But east Clare is also an option, as you can travel through O'Briens Bridge to Dalys Cross and on to Castletroy from there.

That adds a lot of options to your search and most of the villages in the area would also have primary schools.

Clare - Bridgetown, O'Briens Bridge, Clonlara, Killaloe

Tipperary - Newport, Birdhill, Nenagh, Ballina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The posters above all make great points OP.

Castletroy is where your wife works but you may need or prefer to live elsewhere. Prices in the area are on the higher side IMO and if it were me? I'd focus on the wider Limerick/East Clare/West Tipp areas.

The amount of housing stock within 30mins of castletroy that is spread amongst a range of urban estates well served by buses and rural towns, villages and one off builds is massive.

If you are coming down from Dublin? The commute in Limerick if you have a car is far, far easier and the range of good affordable housing far broader especially if driving.

If buses are a necessity? You are going to need to stay closer to the City but even Northside to castletroy is a relatively simple commute albeit with a bus swap. Out towards Raheen, Dooradoyle and Ballycummin would also be an option. Very regular buses and easy commute via motorway to castletroy.

There is a serious shortage of quality accommodation of the type you are looking for in Limerick so good luck in your hunt and, Welcome to the area 😁👍

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭appukuttan

Thanks for the suggestion mates..

We have car but public transportation could be an advantage. I am working at Galway. I may need to travel once or twice in a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Schools are either walking or cycling distance in Limerick. Even Corbally to the University is cycling distance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement