Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought of that but that would likely get them to boo even more since we know fans don't like to be told who they should and shouldn't boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s not telling whether to boo or not. Well then they should tell the bruised egos of her parents to grow up. From what I’ve read from people who are in the know, her parents are pieces of work(to quote the late great gorilla monsoon) but the old NXT crowd could at times could be difficult.

I just mean if the parents have that much influence on the fans then telling them to cop on will get a reaction as well. It's all just stupid.

On another note, would have no trouble knowing Solo Sikoa is the Usos' brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,715 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There has been a few near misses on NXT when it comes to letting inexperienced and experienced talent do stupid spots on the show.

There was a stupid ladder spot last year or the year before as well on a show.

As for those tweets the wrestlers are right a 13 year should not be taking bumps on Indy shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ThePott

I really don't get the controversy around this spot at all. Where was the outrage when Kevin Owens does a mad bump (like he did on Monday) or anyone else for that matter.

Io is an outstanding wrestler and took the bump exactly how she was meant to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

There's none really. The guy got his reaction as always unfortunately though

Fair, I've seen some people online giving it stick too. Don't understand it.

I just thought she fell short of the target but that seemed to be on Io as she seemed to catch the top rope a bit so didn't land on the less solid middle of the ladder.

Well I that's the end of the any discussion then since you say so!

If landing on her shoulder/neck on a ladder is ok then I guess she knows better than me end of discussion so since it's her body.

It's the last I'll comment on it.

• Advertisement

She landed on her upper back with her arms to her side, exactly how she should. Her shoulder blades are protecting her spine from taking unnecessary trauma that way. It also meant that if she bounced off the ladder more of her body (and importantly her body weight) would propel her forward and cause her to land on her feet.

If she had landed further down her body, lower spine it would have been more dangerous and she would have less control of her body if she bounced off the ladder. And yes, I am going to suggest that maybe she does know better than you, not because it's her body but because she's widely considered one of the best wrestlers around and is a veteran in the ring.

If you have issues with the spot that's one thing but that was executed about as well as it can be and I think trusting someone like Io to know what's shes doing and to do it safely and effectively, which by all accounts she did. It's a ladder match, there's going to be dangerous spots, if there wasn't then it would be a meaningless stipulation, the best you can ask is having a trained professional to execute the spot, the did so it's a non-issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"I guess she knows better than me..."

You sure? She's only been wrestling for about 15 years.

Xyon Quinn strikes me as a guy Vince will love.

He's got The Look™.

War Games on December 5th. Don't know what the teams will be at this point.

If no title matches for them, then will probably be Toxic Attraction and Kai vs Raquel, Cora and a couple of others.

So Bron and Ciampa were on the UK tour. Did have to laugh at one of the tweets about Bron from a guy who had a photo with Big E, Damien Priest, Bron and Charlotte and he tagged E, Priest, Bron and Becky when saying who he met.

Was reading that Mei Ying is no more. Explains why Boa was on his own recently. Karen Yu who portrayed her will now be Wendy Choo.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder what Mandy would think of Otis now and vice versa

That was a very thrown together men's War Games match: Ciampa, Gargano, Dunne, Knight against Waller, Carmello, D'Angelo and Breakker. For one, I thought Knight was supposed a heel and Breakker a face.

Kay Lee Ray joins Raquel, Io and Cora against Toxic Attraction and Dakota Kai.

Grimes vs Duke Hudson in hair vs hair. I notice they seem to already have Grimes tone down the accent so cutting the hair seems likely as well just to make him look more generic.

So Tiffany Stratton is coming soon? Unless you watch 205 Live where she debuted last week.

And nice of the fans to censor themselves by chanting "Shut the hell up!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fightful reporting Gargano has agreed to a one week extension to compete in War Games. Was meant to finish on Dec 3rd, now Dec 10th.

WarGames lineup for tomorrow night

• Men's WarGames Match: Team Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Pete Dunne, and LA Knight vs Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, Tony D'Angelo, and Grayson Waller
    • Women's WarGames Match: Team Raquel Gonzalez, Io Shirai, Cora Jade, and Kay Lee Ray vs Toxic Attraction's Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin, Jacy Jayne, and Dakota Kai
    • NXT Cruiserweight Championship: Champion Roderick Strong vs Joe Gacy
    • Hair vs Hair Match: Duke Hudson vs Cameron Grimes
    • NXT Tag Team Championship: Champions Imperium vs Kyle O'Reilly and Von Wagner

I find it funny that LA Knight is on Team Black & Gold considering he's probably with NXT for as long as the 2.0 guys.

Expecting Gargano to be effectively killed off in a spot.

• Advertisement

Not sure what way they'll go with it. Have the new guys win to show they're better than the older guys or rely on them winning fans ovr by having a good match but still losing.

This is the time for 2.0 to show what they can do. I've said before that there were ones who I had no interest in before seeing them at a Takeover.

Speaking of Takeover, I noticed it's Not NXT Takeover WarGames, so looks like they've dropped the Takeover name.

Gonna be my first time watching an NXT PPV without having seen any of the build-up. 2.0 has really killed my interest in the brand.

Botchamania had a clip that probably sums up a lot of people's interest at the 17:50 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 38,478 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not much buzz about the PPV tonight but ill watch it regardless

00.30- Pre show

1-3.30- Main Show

who are the heels and faces in the mens war game match ?

Joe Gacy looks like a mix between Bray Wyatt and Kevin Owens

Think the women's WarGames was better than the men's. Or maybe Cora's performance was pretty convincing, though I doubt they would've just let Io administer treatment and let it go on.

And they pretty much confirmed Johnny, Kyle and Beth were all done. Though Kyle has the match on Tuesday.

Was expecting Grimes to use the Million Dollar Dream to put Hudson to sleep when he wouldn't get in the chair.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

It was an average enough ppv and has still not turned my head fully to this new NXT

Gargano will be a huge loss to NXT and will be snapped up by AEW no doubt. Same with KOR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Weird show. Identically laid out War Game matches book-ending the show. 2.0 the show we're getting going forward even though they were heels. All strange and backwards.

• Advertisement

I think Johnny Wrestling will sign an extension and stay myself.

Candice had more time than him on her contract before getting pregnant and the way the WWE works I could see them adding this time out to the end of her contract meaning she could still have a year to pay out to them when she has her child.

Johnny might as well stay and get that guaranteed money till they are both eventually released due to budget cuts.

Advertisement