Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Got to Division 1 last night with successive Robbie keane hattricks. I think I like him more now than I did after the Germany goal 😄.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I bought him and found him to be a bit useless. Was scoring less than Auba for 30 times the price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF trading finally getting some nibbles this morning 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Ah fair enough, haven't used Auba so can't really compare. I do have those RTTK Sane and Son cards though and Keane feels like a level up on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It depends hugely on one's style of play. I found Auba useless, but I'm not much of a dribbler and the likes of Solsjkaer and Lukaku are banging in the goals for me. I've even gotten some use out of Harry Kane as an impact sub, with good crossers in the team like Trent and De Bruyne.

Dying to get Keane at some point though, I have a 7 game loan of him that I'll use for the weekend league tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on up front with Ole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

2IF Smith-Rowe & Declan Rice already being 12k BIN is both an opportunity and slightly disconcerting.

Bought some but still not sure if I’ll just be burned by them or not 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Worst case scenario you'll lose very few coins.

It's as close to risk free as you can get but it will probably be third week of November before the icon SBC's start to drive the prices up of IF's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah this is it, max we can lose is 2k per card and they’re 84 rated with a decent league & nationality so should fit somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Since the 1st weekend i got the game, about 2 weeks now, its a vicious cycle, win 2 games, here we go, i can do it, just 1 more win to div.3....but no, 2 losses follow

Went to get my Elite FUT champions player pick. Two 79s and an 81.

Realised they weren't even new players and checked and it says "1 of 3 TOTW 1".

What kind of nonsense is that, you only get picks from the week where 95% of the players are scrubs.

Why isnt it 1 of 3 of any week, or the current. Seems ridiculous limiting it to week 1.

• Advertisement

Will be grabbing a good few of both. Just going to wait till the weekend and see if their prices dip some more.

King might be worth grabbing one or two of as well, since he's a striker with alright stats. But not a big investment there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

To be honest when you look at how EA have done it its basically a huge push to get people buying packs. Rival rewards have been significantly nerfed so no real chance of getting special cards from packs unless you complete SBCs.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Absolute rubbish in my rivals packs.

Got my 10000000000th copy of Coates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Rulebreakers Dembele on the way apparently.. and a flashback Chelsea player.

Those IF Azpilicuetas could prove a good investment as early as tomorrow so if that’s true. Grabbed a few myself last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Still waiting for otw Upamecan to update. Pretty stupid that they don't update as soon as the IF comes out.

Still have 25 IF Dzekos on my tradepile from the first week so going to invest whatever coins I have into Kroos cards before any high rated sbc comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

His Flashback was my favourite card last FIFA. If it was reasonable I'd do it but knowing EA it will be priced outrageously high.

Is it worth leaving my rival rewards packs until tomorrow or should i open now and get Nani for the 7th time this fifa already

Took the untradeables and 20k this week, i'll probably get Pele now, while had i took the tradeable packs, i'd definitely have got Nani 😄

Only 2 packs, last year it was 4 untradeable packs wasnt it for option 2 rewards

I got no rewards for winning 3 games cos i need to reach div 4 rank 1 where im already stuck for the past 2 weeks, but got rewarded for the 7 wins cos im ranked 1st

I suppose you need to balance it out with the games needed.

The rivals rewards are less games, then the 9 qualification games provide more and the WL gives out good rewards easily with all the free wins you'll get.

Granted I'll accept you need to win more to get the rewards but I'm happier what that aspect of the game.

It's the on field stuff I have issues with, the off field stuff is much improved(they eliminated people plugging the controller to hold out for points and making the other person sit through a defunct game and that's a positive).

• Advertisement

Same s**t, different year….

🙄

He did have better forwards though, but still…

I'll defend him and say he had the majority of possession and thus had more defenders to deal with while your shots were counter attacks. Haha sorry.

Most of my shots were one-on-ones and headers, which I’m normally very handy with. The possession stats are such because he went 4 up before halftime and decided to ping the ball around his defenders for a good 20 minutes after I scored two quick goals early in the second half. Went ultra attacking and he just picked me off a few more times from there but I was still creating great chances the whole time, just one of those typical FIFA games where nothing went in for me and everything did for him. The expected goals stat is honestly very accurate for how the game went. Again, partly down to the fact he had SIF Salah, IF Son and an Icon that I can’t remember up front.

Division 2 as well, so he’s not some sort of pro finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Kante SBC has made his normal card plummet, managed to get it for 418k and he seems unreal so far. Hit Div 1 unfortunately so the 7 weekly wins may not be too much fun..

Been using that 84 Smith-Rowe at CAM and hes pretty decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Love the idea that Flashback cards don't necessarily need to be upgrades, but that Kante card is insanely expensive for what it is. His 90 rated card is 414K, but the the hugely downgraded Flashback card is nearly 300K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Learned my lesson last year with those… did the flashback CR7 and he was in my team for less than a month before he was banished to the reserves and eventually SBC fodder. Hugely disappointing card.

Ok, im not sure how rival rewards works this year, but should i be getting more then 2 packs as rewards, should i get rewarded for the 3 wins where i need to achieve rank 1st in div.4, even though im already stuck there, i do get rewarded for the 7 wins but not the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Played against that Kante a handful of times already tonight and find him to be largely anonymous.

His H/H workrates means he keeps getting caught creeping forward when he would be most effective staying back.

Plus, as always with Kante, his passing is a liability. You excuse it with his regular gold card because it's worth sacrificing for what he brings to the defensive side, especially early on.

300k for that Flashback is insanity when you can get his gold card, which is ten times better, for 95k more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah when I saw there was a Flashback Kante I was delighted as (A) I would do him and (B) That's an SBC that would cause all that fodder to rise. But at that rating it's just not worth it or going to cause much of a shift in the market.

• Advertisement

I’ve made the mistake of winning a few games in a row and, thanks to the hot steak thing, boosted myself into Div 3, rank 2. 😂

Advertisement