Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went through years of that till I found podcasts. Even listening to interesting stuff took my mind off having to sleep, then zezzź

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That happens me quite a bit. Sometimes I wake up every 2 hours and check the phone to see how much time I have left in bed.

Anyway...on Monday afternoon on the Red line Luas from Heuston to the City Centre, 2 haggard looking loudmouth scrotes got on at the Museum. One with no mask and the other with the mask dangling from his chin. One started leering at an Asian girl standing in front of him. The other gets into a big argument with some other scrote outside the Luas door at the Smithfield stop while his "mot" was banging the door of the Luas at the opposite side with her fist. The argument meant that the door couldn't close and it was preventing the Luas from taking off. Honestly, I often think the world would be better if these type of people just disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Xmas lighting 'ceremonies' in Nov.

Hell, just about every Xmas thing that's not in Dec, where it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ohhhh ceremonies now, for putting in a plug or flicking a switch... aka a ceremony facilitated for and by the business community to remind everyone ‘ you should start spending your money with us now, come on it’s Christmas ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just saw the prize for best dressed in my local this weekend is a thousand quid. A thousand!!! I won it a few years back and it was €100 😭

• Advertisement

The silent prick in the cubicle next to me. I feel like it's yer man listening in like in that movie the lives of others for anyone who's seen it. I suppose you can listen to me wipe my arse now. Ugh

Here's a lovely set of Xmas lights. NOW SPEND MONEY ON OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES!

What a pr1ck! For full disclosure: Did circumstances dictate that you were unable to help out, and if not, did you yourself offer to assist? 😊

TA the fan in the bathroom is linked to the lightswitch.. TA is that there is no separate switch for the fan, so the option of not having it humming away aint there..

No, she asked a passing staff member...

had the same fan issue at home, somebody wakes in the night to use the bathroom and forgets it’s xx AM.... bzzzzzzzzzz

What kind of masochist turns on the light when they go to the bathroom at night? The goal is to stay as asleep as possible.

• Advertisement

haha, separate switches the only way to go.

TA related to the silent príck above...

TA when I walk into a bathroom, and want to enter a cubicle... There might be four or so, and one is 'engaged'.... TA if there's someone else in the bathroom (at the sink or whatever) , and in this instance, a sneaky look under the locked cubicle isn't viable 😂 Proceed to enter cubicle, and do whatever needs doing... Hear nowt soundwise coming from the aforementioned cubicle, and there's no one else in the bathroom at this stage.... Come out.,,, see that no one is around,,, chance a sneaky look, and fk it if there was no one in the offending cubicle to begin with... 😒 Must have been locked by the maintenance bloke/cleaner ☹️

TA is that the above TA should not be a TA; if there was a solid structure between cubicles - instead of barely a centimetre of laminated chipboard..... and as for them gaps 😦 It's inhumane!!

Obnoxious perfume of the type beloved by older ladies of a certain vintage. You should never be able to taste someone else's perfume, particularly when they're several feet away from you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kind of related but the last time I was on a plane someone decided to put nail varnish on their toes. If getting your horrible feet out is not bad enough the recycling of the air ensured that the whole plane could smell the varnish. It was so strong that I could feel it in my throat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At least it masked the stench of dirty feet...

The number of people at the gym who are now not sanitizing equipment after using it, just finishing using, getting up and moving to the next equipment ... the demographic in the ‘main’ ive noticed seems to be young wans in their early 20’s... the types that seem to spend about 5 minutes between each exercise just strolling around seeing who might be looking at them or attempting to engage someone in conversation while leaning on and blocking access to free equipment.. which they don’t of course sanitize either....complete gimps....likely ill need just to give the fûckin machines a wipe down now ‘before’ I start using them just to be extra cautious given the number of these pricks. grrrrrrrr

A thousand quid ? For wearing clothes ? Wait, I can do that :0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That kind of overwhelming feeling when you've to go back to work after two weeks off. I'd happily just stay at home with the pets every day. I better win the lotto soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

People who'd rather leave a €100 gutter repair until the gradual destruction caused by water streaming down their outside wall and damp problems indoors cause €1,000s worth of damage.

Not being able to walk along footpaths when it's raining 'cos same said bastards/bastarditas' gutters overflow or worse still have no downpipe at all.

It is what it's.

Heard from a mate who restores classic cars that he spent 2 years restoring a classic car, dropped it to the owner, asked where he was going to garage it only to be told it was grand here parked up outside on the road. Hate the people who buy, at no small expense, classic cars only to leave them out in all weathers to rot into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by a black hair growing out of my chin. Once I turned 40 this little mofo appeared. She's a nightmare to get rid of. She keeps re appears every couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a few of those, they tuck in under my chin bone and even though I can feel them I cant see them, so they literally appear in a second(once the growing cycle gets it to there). Freaking hate the sneaky basters.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

They're called terminal hairs. Just in case you ever find yourself at an oddly specific table quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

terminal? Jeez, I didn't think they were that serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Archeron

I have a hair that grows out of a mole in my neck at a rate of about two inches a day. If I don't notice it a few days in a row I could wear it like a combover. When I'm in the barber, the barber always cuts it very subtly with a swift movement like a scissors wielding ninja. When I cut it I look like a nervous puppy looking in the mirror wondering if I can trust my depth perception.

TA at folk with their 'subtle boasts' that they live in a 'fancy' area, by dint of their 'local' being able to throw away a grand on a best-dressed comp! 😁

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It means they grow more when you're waiting at an airport.

Out-joked the joker 😂.. One for the TH thread that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That reminds me of a TA re cubicles. You go in sit down, the the automatic lights go off. So you're frantically waving arms for the sensor to kick in.

Shouldn't be allowed!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement