Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

In case anyone's interested here's a photo comparison vs my old Pixel 4. They're both crops from an 8x zoomed photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

I had a 13 pro max 256gb which was 1400. At 899 I'd certainly be happy enough with the pixel 6 pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

See this is what I was thinking. I've seen a few reviews now comparing the Pixel Pro to the most expensive iPhone but don't actually mention the difference in price.

You could nearly buy a 6 and a 6 Pro for the price of the 13 Pro Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Call screen has now appeared as an option and works.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Where abouts in the settings is it? I updated my Pixel 6 this morning to the latest software but cant seem to find the setting for for call screen on the dialler app.

• Advertisement

You probably need to sign up to the Beta in the Play Store.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Did anybody manage to pre order the Pixel 6 on Vodafone in time to get the offer of the Bose headphones? I tried multiple times, no joy, when I clIcked Yes" to "are you a Vodafone customer" screen, the next screen was always an error message saying that due to system upgrade an order could not be placed....I reperted it to Vodafone but no impact at all and I eventually ordered directly from Google, in time to get the headphone offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Sadly not showing up for me. Will try joining the beta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

After watching The Verge and Mr Mobile reviews, it made me reconsider the pro, so I cancelled my order and decided to go with the regular 6 instead.

Bit gutted I'll miss out on the Bose headphones but I still have the ones that came with my Pixel 5, however I did get €30 off the 6 as a discount for buying the A series buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone having any issues connecting to virgin Media mobile? Keeps failing for me on the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭positron

So I have had this Pixel 6 for a number of hours now. Just a few observations.

Decent looking phone. A bit chunky (that's without a case). It' fast but that's expected.

Came with 70% charge, took forever to charge to 100 using a regular Amazon Fire/tablet charger.

After allowing the setup to finish, I was configuring whatspp there and after about 20 mins use (restoring media in the background), phone feels very warm at the back, just under the camera bar. It's right now in my jeans pocket and I can feel the warmth against my thigh. Curious to know if this a "feature" because Nexus 5 started off like this and ended up sh1te battery within 18 months for me. Is Google at it again?

To be honest, this phone has done a great job proving to me how good my two year old Poco F1 really is. Poco F1 even sounds better than Pixel 6 (for generic youtube/podcasts etc). Poco F1 was just €230 quid to begin with!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Yes, try connecting manually to the VM 3G (lte wouldn't connect for me initially). Then, enter the access point manually as detailed in https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/faqs-and-videos/mobile/using-data/data-still-not-working/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

So far I'm really enjoying the phone. Going back to a big phone from the Pixel 5 has really taken some getting used to.

One thing that has been killing me is that I didn't realise just how often I used to swipe down on the fingerprint scanner at the back of the pixel 5 to read notifications when in an app. Reaching to the top of this phone is impossible with one hand.

I just figured that I can set double tap on the back of the phone to open notifications, and it works through my case. Loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Anyone coming from a P30 Pro get their one yet? How does the fingerprint reader compare?

What's the back up method to get into the phone if the fingerprint isn't read ok?

Seems very similar to the scanner on my P30 Pro.

You can enter a pin to unlock the screen either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Charged to 80% this morning, 12 hours later and I'm on 50% with just under 2 hours screen on time. Absolutely no problem with the battery life on this thing.

Just checking my battery now and I'm down to 22% after taking it off charge at 6.30 this morning. Screen on time of 5.2 hours.

• Advertisement

I've turned on Smart Lock so it doesn't Lock in the house.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thanks, Dude. Couple of hours of agony before you posted.

It doesn't. Scanner on P30 Pro was much better I think. Not a fan of the one on this.

P30 out of the box was stunning. Feel this is rather ugly.

Spiegen case is very solid though. Feels bullet proof.

Loving Android 12 and how smooth this is though. Feels excellent.

I feel like Google might have a very low tolerance for false read potential on the sensor. If I hold it for long enough it never fails to read, it's only if I lift off I get issues. I'm sure it can probably be tweaked with updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Phone moved overnight from Brussels to Leipzig. Case which shipped after phone is now out for delivery. Seems I'm not meant to get it😡

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Update on the case situation:

Called Google support and even though it said shipped it hadn't actually shipped.

They use ultra slow Deutsche Post for shipping (with the whole handing over to AnPost delaying further).

If anyone is still waiting for any accessories - might be worth checking with Google Support.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭marty whelan

Anyone use PayPal to pay for these? Phone is with DHL in Cork for delivery today, money still not taken from bank. Seems open to abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

Mine is like this since Thursday morning I would have expected it to have moved by now. Anyone else in same situation?

Thursday

28. October 2021

00:42 (UTC+02:00) | Departure from the international sorting center

Thursday

28. October 2021

00:42 (UTC+02:00) | Sorted at the sorting center

00:41 (UTC+02:00) | Departure from the international sorting center

00:40 (UTC+02:00) | Sorted at the sorting center

Wednesday

27. October 2021

21:44 (UTC+02:00) | Departure from the sorting center

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭scottygee

That actually looks amazing holy hell. Sad that I left my Pixel 3 for an iPhone 12–it just made sense because I was way into deep in the apple economy (e.g. MacBook, apple watch, and iPad), but the pixel was definitely a steal and waaay ahead of its time when it comes to its photo-processing software. Also, Google Assistant is sooo much better than Siri lmao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

Is that a phone or accessory? That's nothing like the tracking I had for DHL.

Advertisement