Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wow. Those prices are absolutely ludicrous, pure extortion. Over €325 for a golden circle ticket which is more than 300% of the price of a general ticket. I'm not an Adele fan but even if I was, I wouldn't pay that out of principle. Problem is that people will pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Its usually Barclycard or Amex run these Hyde Park gigs, but then, acts sign up to that, so its not as if they don’t have a choice. Elton John, Duran Duran & Pearl Jam are also doing gigs there with similar over inflated pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah the pricing there is always crazy for the Gold Circle, Diamond Circle nonsense.

People still pay it ,must have more money than sense.

500-600 pounds to stand, yes stand in a park exposed to the elements.

Its a terrible venue too, poor sound and low levels.

Pearl Jam were the only band not to charge extra for the Gold Circle, same price as GA, which I respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Have tickets for the Pearl Jam in Hype Park for next year. They refunded, then when they rescheduled they gave first option. Got Ten Club tickets for both nights (not even a member). For the two nights they are playing I paid 120 pounds. With Pixies and hopefully Idles as support, very fair I think.

Those Adele prices made me gasp. Can't imagine what the rest of her tour will cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would Adele be the act for Lansdowne? Insane prices for the London show, I do wonder how much knowledge the actual act has of pricing for a gig

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eagles have confirmed the Aviva for the 24th of June

Was there not supposed to be an "inperson" announcement at Aviva, which could mean, another announcement is incoming.

Unless the lads are flying over, yea they could have another act announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Its Westlife for the announcement today, they said they had live news today about a gig so thats the act

At least the Eagles gig will make up for it 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Of course they're playing in the same 5 days as green Day/ GnR....... Luckily I work 20 minutes from the stadium so won't need a day off, but that's gonna be a pricey week.

And its a Friday night which is handy for once. Yea I'm in kildare so easy to get to and from the gigs

Years and Years to play kilmanhaim the same night as the Eagles

Kings of leon are playing the 3arena that night as well, the amount of gigs on next year that either fall on the same day or back to back is ridiculous

Westlife july 8th 2022 Aviva Stadium.....

I hope the Eagles learnt the lesson from their cancelled Wembley gigs last year, the prices for that were eyewatering and they sold hardly any tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭optiplex780

Not them...

You can add at least another date added probably for the Saturday night

Yep and I can imagine theres only a certain amount of shows they can hold in there a year, so Westlife x 2 and Eagles. I hope that we get a Slane announcement at some stage, all I want is a one-off show from an act that rarely plays here like its all the usual suspects which is grand for some but I'd like an AC/DC or a Pearl Jam at some point down the line, what are all of your gigs looking like for next year have we all a full summer booked already?

Apart from EP next September, only “The National” in June so far, have seen KOL & RHCP a few times, and they don’t really interest me anymore.

Radiohead are my#1, and have been for years, so i normally do multiple gigs to see them in UK & here if they play here. An album is way overdue its 5 1/2 years since that came out.

Would be interested in a Springsteen gig as well.

Most of the gigs i go to are the smaller ones, in small venues, and these are great to go to, and see new bands, was impressed with NewDad recent gig, and have SodaBlonde coming up also.

• Advertisement

I notice that tickets are on sale at 8am.

What sort of nonsense is this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah ive a few from pre covid and a few new ones, managed to grab a ticket to the ireland game vs portugal, got ricky gervais, termonti, jimmy carr, mcr, tool, kings of leon, chemical brothers, green day, RHCP, and got a ticket to swedish house.

Yeah I would be the same as yourself when it comes to the smaller gigs have had great experiences in the Olympia and the grand social, big events are grand but prefer the intimate venues a bit more, yeah Radiohead would be up there alright for me as well odd alright some acts skip ireland on their tours eventhough we will go to nearly everything

Post edited by Duffy98 on

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Was at Nick Cave at the Royal Albert Hall a few weeks ago. Was talking with the manager for Radiohead and I asked about a Radiohead tour. Told me Thom Yorke will be rescheduling his tour. So could be awhile before the band tours.

Also told me Nick Cave will be dates for Ireland.

Have The National in Limerick and Cork. Can't wait for Limerick show. Dream for them to play my hometown of Limerick. Saw them five times in 2019, always put on a good show, especially when the crowd are great they feed off them.

Have Beck in London. Bjork, St.Vincent and Pearl Jam, all in Berlin. And two nights of Pearl Jam in Hype Park.

Hopefully Nine Inch Nails will announce dates, they are my priority to see again. Also hoping for Queens of the Stone Age to give dates, maybe Weyes Blood perhaps?

Interference with Glen Hansard announced a show in Cork at Cyprus Avenue on November 14th

Yeah some choices will have to be made by people unless there millionaires

So far for 2022

Less Than Jake- Voodoo Room

Tool- 3Arena

Lindsey buckingham- The Helix

MCR-

Green Day

Elton John

Thats very interesting. I had two Thom solo gigs booked for June’20, they rescheduled to June ‘21, and then cancelled altogether-@ Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith.

Will go to see him, whether solo or with Radiohead. I was also at a few of the Atoms For Peace gigs in the Roundhouse, (with Flea & Goldrich) and these were just mindblowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,562 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Overdrive have an announcement at 10am on Monday

• Advertisement

Interesting

Hardly the Machinehead announcement as I don't seem to remember seeing it bar showing up on the 3plus app

Advertisement