Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batwoman - The CW *Spoilers*

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Definitely the worst show runner of the cw superhero shows. Writes off the main character not once but seemingly twice. With the failing ratings you would think they would have to learnt to compromise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Definitely the worst show runner of the cw superhero shows. Writes off the main character not once but seemingly twice. With the failing ratings you would think they would have to learnt to compromise.

I wonder if they had planned for Wallis Day to take over but due to scheduling they had to leave if for the second half of the Season. When Ruby Rose left they should have just got a replacement and have the first half of the Season be the whole Kate/Circe plot and have Ryan officially take up the mantle at midseason. Also with the reveal of Ryan's mother not being dead who wants to bet that it will end up being that she is actually Luke's sister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think the problem is no one cares who Ryan's mother is- suggestion it may be a comic book established villain but that still doesn't make Ryan anything less then a non-entity. I think you can successfully add non-comic book characters as side characters to comic book shows (like Chloe in Smallville or Felicity in Arrow) but a lot of fans just cant accept them immediately as the main characters. Wallis Day was good as Kate but I think if the showrunner goes ahead with her plan for season 3 that may be the last one.
    Amazing how some of the older arrowverse shows have had bad writing for a few years but still have better ratings than batwoman.

Victoria Cartagena has joined the cast of The CW’s Batwoman as Renee Montoya — the same DC Comics character she played on Fox’s Gotham.

Robin Givens is set to play Jada Jet, the powerful CEO of Jet Industries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have to say the Bat car in this is just crap. It's like any generic supercar and absolutely nothing special. The best Bat car was the one from the Christopher Nolan films. Now that was special.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I thought they missed a big opportunity there to have two Batwomem. One could do nights in the city and the days and then they could both team up when there was a big baddie.

As it was I have to say I was disappointed with the final.

So it looks like Poison I've might be appearing next season. I wonder who will star as her?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bridget Regan has been cast to play

Poison Ivy

That's an interesting casting, she was great in The Last Ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,301 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Batwing must be the scrawniest looking member of the Bat family across all shows. Even Burt Ward's Robin would look intimidating beside him.

• Advertisement

With all the talk about Ryan being Acting CEO, I was thinking shareholders must be really worried about the company. First Kate Kane comes from nowhere and takes over then she passes it off to this woman with even less experience than Kate. Does anyone know what the company does, apart from own a bar and a building with 1 office?

They've never actively explained what they do. Its one of those CW things where you don't overthink it, like what has STAR Labs been doing all these years apart from providing the CCPD with anti meta equipment. Or what does Luke do as a day job?

Ah yes, STAR Labs. If Cisco and Caitlin were here for the pandemic, they would've come up with a vaccine/cure that worked right away with no side effects and no need to do any trials.

They did start those tours to make some money.

Well we meet another Waynetech employee and it's Andrew.

Think I'll give it 1 more episode but this episode was just boring.

And speaking of magic cures, Mary suddenly solved the secret of Cryostasis thawing with little to no experience.

First look at

Ivy deserved to be caught. How long was she at that dam without doing anything? Then decides to take on Batwoman using whips despite instantly stabbing someone through the chest a couple of minutes earlier. And she obviously still had powers since she was using them on Luke.

But all okay anyway since she's set free even though she killed plenty of people and attempted to kill thousands more.

Bit confused what happened that CEO dude at the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The Bat-Blimp - dafuq?

I must really like self flagellation to keep watching but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,301 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

finally this show is literal perfection

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement