Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gone to a bundesliga team now, would Malen and Sabitzer OTW be worth investing in, seen as they should get upgrades quick enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was playing the qualifiers last night and I came up against the same lad twice. He hammered me 5-1 the first time and then 4-2 the 2nd. I didn’t think you were allowed to face the same opponent multiple times. I’m 4-3 at the minute. Fingers crossed someone gives me a win in the next two games so I can qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Sold all of my investments last night when fodder was rising. 600k in the bank with 300k invested in common golds. Looking for a player pick to come soon so I can get rid of them. Not sure where to put the rest of the coins, will wait and see how the market goes during the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rank three hit with three games to spare. Three lads giving me wins along the way helped massively, and I love that’s become a thing. For all the toxic dancers, it’s a dream being able to blast through “twenty” games this year once you’re in.

player picks

Berisha, Candreva, Rice, Gomis - Took Rice

Kopic, Rice, Torres, Gomis. - Took Torres (guess he can help towards Icon Swaps)

Jumbo rare player pack. Nothing but fodder. IF Caleta-Car

TOTW pack- three cards. Guess what three. Of course, Rice, Torres, Caleta-Car. Bloody hell, that’s hilarious.

ive enough fodder to do that Kante so going to. I know he’s not as good as Gold Kante….but reviews are saying he’s not that far off him. And I m starting to get waaaay to many duplicate high rated cards now.

Maybe it's best to open the TOTW pack first as when I opened my first after my picks I got the same three players as well.

Least you can pick different players doing it the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

1-5 to start WL.

Genuinely my worst start to a WL ever in any FIFA.

Just don't think I have the head for it today so I'll play to 4 wins (if I can ever get that the way I'm playing!) and maybe take a few days off.

Madness for a division 2 player who has qualifed 5-1, 5-1, and 5-2 the last 3 weeks to be posting that sort of record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I started really well last night, but then I don’t know what started happening in the game but literally every bounce fell the other way. Played some really poor opponents and they’d have one shot from long range which the keeper would usually catch, but no, parries it about 10 yards in front of him where their striker would be waiting. That exact thing happened in three separate matches last night, and of course all my green timed one-on-ones were saved with ease which I didn’t even think was possible. Needless to say I lost those ones despite a huge advantage in expected goals.

Finished on 10-10 anyway, but I was well on course for 12 wins and rank 2 until the game decided otherwise. I was 7-3 after 10 games just to put it into perspective. Could’ve given away a couple of wins at the end but I was too pissed off to hand anything away for free at that point. So if course I win two meaningless games very comfortably, classic FIFA.

Tadic and Rice from my picks.

Alaba from my TOTW pack who I was convinced was an expensive card based on his pace, turns out he’s anything but.

Courtois from the players pack.

I’ve literally gotten better rewards from Squad Battles when I was putting my time into that mode instead.

And I’ll probably be back next weekend to go through the misery all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

5-4 in WL. My last few games have been decided by the odd goal so hoping I can get to 8 soon and give away wins for whatever I have left.

Been using rulebreaker Antonio in the last few matches. Find him good, especially on crosses since he has the power header trait. Three star weak foot is a bit meh though so I'll probably try out Arnautovic once I open my rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Turned this around this morning and ended up 12-6, gave away the last two for rank 2.

Smith-Rowe, Rice and Simeone from picks. Got Upamecano from the TOTW pack though, so made about 200k from WL rewards.

I’m not sure if that’s possible though. I think the player picks would count as items that need to be dealt with before packs can be opened.

• Advertisement

Made it through qualifiers 5-3, now I’m 5-0 in champs. Will push for rank 2 but will be happy with rank 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

First attempt at the qualifiers and just about qualified now. Need 2 points from my 2 remaining games. Can I just give away wins and quit out of the last two qualification games and still get the 1 point per game? Also, what's the cut-off time to play all my qualification games? Is it today or tomorrow?

The standard in the qualifiers is lower than Div 1 anyway. Enjoyable enough and not many acting the maggot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got 8 wins with a couple games left. Rewards were dreadful though.

Josh King and Smith Rowe as red picks. 84 Maguire as the highest from the pack and an 82 and two 81s in the totw pack.

Still though I guess it's about 80k for around 25 games which isn't too bad.

Hopefully a repeatable sbc comes soon so I can clear my tradepile of random rare golds and the IF Dzekos I'm still holding.

Icon upgrades, Hero upgrades, 82+ player pick and 81-86 pack added to the code.

Fodder already starting to rise a good bit as a result.

Managed to "turn it around" and got to 8 wins, going 8-12 and needing two wins in a row to get to the 8.

No idea what was up with me today at all but it's definitely the worst FIFA I've played in ages.

Nowt from the packs anyway. Rice from the TOTW pack, Tadic from the Jumbo Rare Players Pack, Smith Rowe and Simeone from the reds.

Think I'll take a few days off now as I couldn't get into it at all this afternoon.

Hopefully they will drop the Mbappe Flashback and something else that will make my IF investments start to rise this week, and I can then add Di Natale to my team as a result.

Just noticed I’m twenty assists off the 500 assists pack.

Just got 500 assists and 50 champs wins packs there. Have a few dupes to remove before I can open the packs. I’m 10-3 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Finished 10-10

Had 3 discard IFs from the totw pack

Crap red picks

Best player from the 100k pack was a 2k 84 followed by 83s and 82s

Absolutely **** "rewards"

Ended up selling Donnaruma, Marquinos and Hakimi after 200+ games with them.....donnaruma just not up to scratch

Finished 12-4 gave away the last 4 games. Not one freebie, one lad quit at the start.

78 Berisha

82 Gunter

84 Rice

81 Joselu

85 Mount

84 Simeone

78 Berisha

84 Rice

81 Joselu

81 King

78 Berisha

82 Gunter

82 Candreva

81 Gomis

82 Caleta-Car

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Ended up rank 2 in champs finals. Needed to win the last 2 matches for rank 1, 2nd last game I was all over the other guy 24 shots to 4 at the final whistle or something and I lost 3-1. He even sent me a message to apologise. Soooo close to that rank 1.

Totw pack were all discards only. Player picks best one was tadic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It makes me feel a bit better missing out on Rank 2 to see the rewards are just as s**t. 😬

Don’t feel too bad for me, I packed a tradeable Ronaldo to go with my Messi I got a couple of weeks ago in the pack rewards 😂

1-3 in fut champs, 17 games left, im hoping people might feel generous this morning and give me some wins 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anyone do flashback kante....any good?

I’m running a 4231 and had been using Pogba in the CDM role. Swapped him this morning with Kante, and have RTtK Fred in the second spot.

having those two, along with VVD and OTW Varane, absolutely nothing is getting through my back line today. On a win streak in Div 3 now, and it’s largely down to Fred and Kante just bossing the midfield. They intercept anything that goes through the middle.

ive not used gold Kante so can’t compared but I’ve seen reviews that basically said while FB Kante is a little worse than the normal card, he’s not massively worse. I did him for 90k plus fodder and he feels brilliant for that price. If you’ve got sheer coins and no fodder, the gold card is as good if not better (from what I’ve read). If you’ve fodder burning a hole in your pocket, I feel he’s the type of card who could be in your team for a while.

RB Gundogan in a two player pack.

open the mega pack from the Rb objectives, and don’t even need to wait for the animation to finish. Once I saw the confetti, knew it was another Gundogan.

Both untradeable, and in sequential packs. Shame I didn’t get them before finishing Kante.

Right this game is utter utter garbage, i have lost 3 games now by 1 goal where i have Haaland and Lewandowski up front, 5 times now, they have "missed" from less then 6 yards out from rebounds after a keeper saves, and i dont mean just missing by inches, the bloody balloon the ball over the bar, despite me tapping the shot button.

Oh yeah, and in one of those games my opponent had base Adama up front, and you guessed it, he could score from 20 yards out with his 66 shot

And in the next 3 games i win thanks to 3 quits, ranked 4th with 8 to play, not sure i can be bothered going on

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just packed RB Casemiro and of course he’s untradeable and doesn’t fit my team.

• Advertisement

This is what I’m running now with my new arrivals, Messi, Son and CR7 in the last 9 days. I breezed through my 7 wins without a loss and up to rank 1 in Div 2.

Advertisement