Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Newcastle are shocking, the richest club in the world by some distance, will be in the Championship which is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's not what happened.

We'd a semblance of control with Keita there, but even before he went, it was never comfortable, and Brighton were arguably better all game.

This was one that 2 seasons ago we just make sure we keep it tight. We couldn't with that midfield, and Robbo's form in the mud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,049 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Its one thing needing to kick it back up a notch when you have Fabinho and Thiago in the middle of the field, but another when its Ox and Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yep. Chelsea 3 points clear in October. Rest of the league may as well concede now.

Crazy knee-jerk stuff. As if Chelsea won't hit a wobble and drop points....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Augme

Can't be leading 2-0 and end up with a draw. We just can't seem to stop conceding at times. I fear we will look back at results like this and Watford and be regretting them a lot come the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

I agree it is way too early for the defeatist thinking, just really annoyed about losing a 2 goal lead at home to historical relegation battlers and probably again this season, they played very well good for them but chances are they won't do that against are rivals unfortunately. There was people on here saying they didn't mind the Brentford draw because they'd take points off our rivals well Chelsea beat them 2 weeks later and Leicester last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

From 2-0 up, c'mon. Brighton shouldn't of got back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Got a genuine LOL out of me. Thanks for that. 10 games gone, might be a bit of a knee jerk reaction there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

They will never be happy. Some literally only post when we don't win or are doing poorly. They're addicted to misery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Same story all season, we just don't know when to sit back and take the sting out of the game. Just so frantic when we don't need to be at 2 nil up. The aim is winning not scoring the most goals.

Won't win any league managing games like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ox and Jones not really disciplined enough in midfield. You might get away with one in there but not both off them. Hendo had to cover the entire midfield and he’s no spring chicken any more to cover that amount of space. I really think we need another midfielder as a few of the ones we have are fairly injury prone. We knew this even before we let Gini leave.

Allison is having to make too many saves recently. Won’t get away with it forever.

On the plus side City lost at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭McFly85

Disappointing result from a disappointing performance, seemed to be too relaxed after the first 30 minutes, and we’re definitely light in midfield.

I wouldn’t say we’re out of the title race, but I feel these are the games we should be looking for maximum points from, especially with the AFCON in January.

We were never in control, our second was good timing for us, but it was Brighton on the front foot during this time. Even while playing badly we'll put two goals on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We have it good but so fat we have thrown points away to Brentford, Brighton and City, Chelsea will be to strong defensively to catch if we can't sort that asap we will probably still come second but that's not what we want is it

It's anger straight after a game, I think we are allowed have a moan after a home game 2 nil up against relegation candidates and not winning. Hodgson era is in the past, I'd rather not thinking of it thanks haha

Rubbish.

We have now dropped 6 points from winning positions, twice with less than 10 mins to go, and today from two up. That isn’t posting due to addiction, it is frustration and disappointment that the team couldn’t manage the game and that a glaring need for a quality midfielder wasn’t addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its the manner we have thrown away points in 3 games so far 4 if u count Chelsea i dont causes we never went ahead

As i said since the start a few injuries and our midfeild is f*cked and will effect our defense, Its happing right now

Chelsea look to strong to drop points like we have

I try not to.

On a happier note, I love watching Roy Keane, he is eviscerating the Utd players.

Wasn't talking about you. There are lads who go weeks/months without posting but jump in once a result is bad.

We're going to drop points, sometimes from good positions. Chelsea will too. Only 10 games in and we're 3 off top and top of our tough CL group . It's going to be a good year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭McFly85

Relegation candidates is unfair, Potter has them playing great stuff, they’re far more likely to end up in a European position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

It's draws in matches like this and against Brentford that could cost us the league, giving up too many sloppy chances at the moment. Going 2-0 up at home against a mid table side, should really be seeing games like that out, not strengthening midfield in the summer could well cost us the league, a shame we didn't take full advantage of City losing , think Chelsea will hit a rough patch at some stage, but, we can't afford to let that gap open up anymore than it is.

Big Nov coming up, all our games are at home in Nov, except next week against West Ham

Haha me too, a massive pity he was sick last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The worry merchants seem to have taken over for the evening, think I’ll bow out until all those knees stop collectively jerking.

The crowd singing '' we're going to win the league'' when two up was a bit early too, only 10 games gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jones is technically very gifted but he’s a bit of an empty jersey off the ball. Needs to work on that side of his game. Can’t just not track players or let them run in behind you all the time. Ox just isn’t good enough.

Doesn’t matter, Liverpool thrill and frustrate at the moment, everyone knows the issues with the defence last year, everyone could see what was likely to happen this year with a group of ageing, injury prone midfielders, so I’m not surprised that poster’s give out when our midfield gets over run like it was today.

I'm not worried about not winning a league, are odds now are probably there or thereabouts where we were before the start of the season. Just disappointing to keep dropping points in winning positions. But hopefully Chelsea will start to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Poor performance. 2-0 probably flattered us a little, but we lacked control and indeed energy after the first 30 minutes. Midfield as mentioned a wasteland, OK ox and Jones are indisciplined off the ball, but Henderson was bombing forward, and the full backs too. Seemed to be be lulled into a false sense of security by the early lead, I don't know, but to be lucky to draw after being 2 up is a poor result.

Shows how important Fab is to this side, but when he's not there we have to be more clever and keep our shape better. Fullbacks very far up the field too when ahead, and left the CBs exposed to runners.

Brighton are a good side, good shape about them..... The contrast between them and the rabble we faced last week is stark.

Chelsea have played no one of note, and when they did face Liverpool and City they failed miserable . This season will see many teams draw and lose games. It's won't be a run away season for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Yep completely agree especially with us at home. They had a good start to the season but more than likely will drop off in the next few weeks. Some very poor defending today and we were poor overall, lucky to even get the draw and more frustrating when city dropped points as well. Hopefully we bounce back during the week, next weekend and might be back on top so who knows with 7 months left

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I only saw the second half but IMO Konate was a disaster today. All over the place.

I have no idea what you're on about. Being frustrated is fine, I'm annoyed too. I'm talking about posters who only post when we lose or drop points to stir it up. Rarely to be seen when on a winning run. They only post misery.

Yeah it's frustrating but I guess people are right perspective is needed haha I think to be honest though it's the barren years that has made me so desperate for another title and not being able to go to Liverpool for our covid one. The clock ticking on klopp is another big factor for me, just praying we can get it right again before he leaves and these random results makes me feel like we mightn't

• Advertisement

Not together.

You can get away with one defensively, not two. Especially without Fabinho.

It's one of my first times posting to be fair but it isn't to stir it up, I've been lucky enough this season to usually be in the pub for our games! At home today haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah didn't score today he must want out and it's a clear sign FSG are selling up.

Robertson's form really does need to be questioned at some point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Very poor second half performance. Liverpool didn't deserve to win.

Midfield very poor overall defensively, especially Jones. He should have been hooked earlier than he was. What's worrying is that the midfield looked very leggy. Playing a team full of energy on Wednesday night.

Konate has a bit to learn yet and Robbo didn't cover himself in glory I don't think. Alisson kept us in the game a few times.

• Advertisement

Over last 5 games

Chelsea 12pts

Liverpool 11pts

Arsenal 11pts

City 11pts

I did not understand Matip being dropped. He's been our best CB this season.

Klopp can't help the injuries in midfield, but he has control over that sort of decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hah I know the feeling. Even that season was a freak season with the results and consistency, 96 points I think? We all got used to them winning the games week in week out and expect that as the norm when really, apart from them two seasons, most teams will drop points so hopefully that will be the case this season and we’re there towards the end for the run in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Need Chelsea to start dropping some but I honestly can't see it, hope they hit a blip now maybe in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Leave him out for Tsimiskas for a few games and give him a rest. The challenge should give him a kick up the hole as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tsimikas can count himself unlucky this season not to have gotten more game time when he has started he has played better than Robbo.

Hendo just can't screen the defence like Fab who is badly missed when not in midfield.

I've posted lots of over the top reactions during and after games due to frustration/anger. But it's the same lads that have been here for years, never around when we win but once it turns bad they're in posting. Never bringing anything upbeat even though the last 3/4 years have been the best for 30 years!

I am fully confident this team will win or be very close to one of the big trophies this year. And the more new posters the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I said it at the time when Robbo had a knock, leave Tsimikas in there for another couple of weeks after Robbo is passed fit, give him a proper rest and reap the rewards later in the season. Tsimikas was playing brilliantly and had done nothing to deserve losing his place in the team. Robertson came back from injury earlier than expected the following weekend and was given his place back immediately.

I felt that was a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In an attacking sense Robbos best attributes were overlapping runs and getting to the end line and providing cut backs.

That's not actually happening as much this season as the system has been tweaked and TAA and Robbo are coming infield a little more with Mane and Salah staying wider a little longer.

Tsimiskas for me has a better cross than Robbo so he probably suits the changed system a bit better but he isn't as good defensively although with Robbos lapses in concentration the last few weeks that gap probably isn't as wide as it normally is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Could Matip play the defensive midfielder role when Fabinho is missing, especially with our midfield options so limited at the moment and plenty of cover at CB?

• Advertisement
Advertisement