Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Instant torque is too much fun to make tires last any length of time.

Anyone know what "colour 2" refers to in the background colour configuration? No matter what I set it to I can't see what it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Door lights isn't it? Colour 1 is the dashboard I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll check mine on the way home this evening but I'm pretty sure that's how 1 & 2 work on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭hold my beer

My kids have been able to change the doors to a different colour than the dash recently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yeah, my door and dash are different colours. Is there perhaps a 'make both colours the same' option or similar you've pressed BK?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

im not sure if the colours are customisable on all models. Ours is blue and turquoise. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

If you select individual mode in the colour selection there's 3 icons with different colour bands

Selecting one with 2 colours will make colour 2 work. I think one colour is the interior lights and the other is the infotainment background colour

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Long spin home from centre parcs today. Managed 18.3kWh/100km over 120km of main roads and motorway, mostly down to having to drive a bit slower because of traffic

Although I didn't need to charge, I plugged in for a couple of hours to top up the battery a bit. I figured I'd be down to 15% by the time we got home otherwise, which is a bit low for comfort. No issues plugging in there, plug and charge, no app needed

Car is filthy, needs a good interior clean and wash, especially after my daughter spilt water and chips all over her side of the car ☹️

Packing the car before we left required some serious Tetris skills, turns out a week's worth of clothes, spares, swimming gear, cot and buggy and food take up a lot of room

The car did the job though, flawless performance as usual 😁

• Advertisement

Cot will do that do ya. Be grand next time, though we'll probably be adding an awkward shaped balance bike then. We'll just use the cot they provide too, and TBH we brought way too much food with us. Constantly ate out.

The lack of laundry service or any ability to clean/dry clothes is a bit frustrating though. Means bringing more clothes. I'll get by, but kids go through at least an outfit a day.

This was it. Never really figured what those 3 options were. I only have 2 colours to choose from, so I'm not sure what the 3rd option does.

Option 1 is 100% colour 1

Option 2 is 50% colour 1 50% colour 2

Option 3 is colour 1 on top, colour 2 in the middle, then colour 1 again on the bottom. No idea what that does to the cabin lighting though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nice job of packing.

You might consider putting an old towel or rug under the car seats though to reduce wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Hi

Off topic, where will I get some decent snow foam and shine to keep the id4 looking new. Currently have demon foam but it's expensive. Any other options?

I actually have seat protectors underneath them already, they're good at catching the majority of the mess and keep the seats looking decent

I use autoglym products and they seem to work fine for me. I know spme folks might turn their noses up at them but I don't really go in for badge snobbery with car cleaners.

They aren't the cheapest but they can usually be found on sale somewhere and are widely available, so when you accidentally run out halfway through you can pop out to the shop for more

The cot was definitely a challenge. The cot itself folds up neat but we wanted to bring her mattress as well as she'd probably be uncomfortable without it. Didn't matter in the end as she tried to be nocturnal 😬

Next time (I've been informed we're going again next year) we probably won't need as much changing gear as our daughter will be out of nappies by then. But that'll probably be offset by needing more clothes.

Great holiday altogether, I'd recommend it to anyone. Plenty to do for kids of any age and adults too. The one headache we had was with the restaurants. Hucks and Cara's were closed and the Italian was booked out a lot, so we kind of relied on the Indian and the sports cafe a fair bit

Luckily the pancake house was open though, visited there far too often 😂

Yeah. Restaurants can be a source of stress if you can't get one. We found online was booked out, but booking in person was no bother. Pity about Cara's. It's probably our favourite. Sports Bar was absolutely awful when we were there. Zero service, bad attitude, poor food.

Don't forgot your welcome back offer when you book again. Within 3 days we booked our return, and a couple of weeks later we booked another holiday there in 2022. Making the most of the off peak rates while we can.

We put the mattress accross the back seats at their feet. Worked out nicely.

We have booked for January. No buggy or Cot for us this time. But we brought our own bikes the last time which would rule out the ID.3 if we do that again. Looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement

No not us. Think that’s liamog. Other cars a Q5.

No think that's me. Unless there is someone else on here with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I'd love to trade our other car for an ID3. I probably will in a couple of years.

Whoops, I'm getting everyone mixed up again 😅

I'd be tempted to trade the Leaf for an ID.3 or similar but it doesn't see the mileage to justify it

Now that we've got the ID.4 for the long trips the Leaf is really just bring used by my wife for commuting

Yeah one thing that's annoying is that you need the tow hitch for a bike carrier, which is expensive for the 1st edition as it didn't have the option of being factory fitted

We'll probably rent bikes next time and maybe bring our kids bikes. Not owning any adults bikes makes it a pretty simple decision

I do like the idea of a cycling holiday though, so I think the next car I'll splash out for a tow hitch and a carrier

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Are heated seats/steering wheel a more efficient way to provide heat compared to heaters and fan?

Is it possible to adjust the temperature of seats or is it just on/off using a thermostat?

Thanks

Yes, because you're heating only what you want to heat, the person, not the cabin.

Heated seats have 4 setting high, medium, low, off. You can also set in the app and car to auto use the heated seats if it's cold outside. Nice surprise to get warm hands without doing anything.

She had the id4 during the week when I had my golf. I only drove the id4 on the weekends so when I got the chance of an id3 I jumped couldn't stand driving an ice. Best thing about the id3 is that it's way nipper then the id4. Also used the autoglym today left the id3 spotless, still needed to use the microfiber mit to clean it but easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Have read a number of reviews saying the buttons on the steering wheel are touch-sensitive, awkward to use and easy to trigger accidentally ...is it really this bad?? even after you get to know how it works?

• Advertisement

No it's not that bad. I had heard the same but once you are used to it it's very useful. The swipe on the cruise control is very easy work along with all other controls.

Advertisement