Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Acrobat - File name in tab bar is not the actual file name.

Options
  • 29-10-2021 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

In a few .pdf files that I have created and saved, the name Peter Mullan (I have no idea who that is) appears in the tab of the document at the top of the screen.

In all other documents, part or all of the file name appears.

The documents in question all have different names, but they all open with Peter Mullan in the tab.

If I choose file/save as and save the pdf elsewhere, it also reopens with Peter Mullan in the tab name. 🤔

How can I correct this?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What did you create the files with? Word? Check the document properties before saving it

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/view-or-change-the-properties-for-an-office-file-21d604c2-481e-4379-8e54-1dd4622c6b75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks.

When I go File, Properties, Description....it says Title: Paul Mullan, Author: Paul.

I have no idea how that happened. But, it's not possible to remove these texts.

If I open a pdf with a correct tab, these two fields are blank.

Odd.

D.

When document properties state Author: Paul , claim that you created this document rise question: you sure you didn't copy it somewhere and just editing it? Document is not CV by chance...

Other possible explanation would be - you are Paul or using soft that belong and/or signed in with Paul's credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Can you post a screenshot? In Word it should should be possible to change these fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Smuggler, you’re right. It is a CV. And I may have adopted the layout from somewhere on the web, edited it in Word and saved it as a pdf.

But, I don’t have Acrobat, only Adobe Acrobat Reader. So, how did Paul Mullan get into properties?

No big deal, just curious coz if I send it to someone, that will be in the tab.

Thanks.

D.

Do you know who is Paul Mullan ? Google it.

This is how it works - document created by owner of legit application does contain hes/her name/signature in the properties.

As much i remember, you said you have MS office 2016 - your created documents will/might read you as author(removable if desired)

Document you "editing" could be creator/owner/author right protected and you might be violating author rights. If you would manage to "overcome" author issue on your own, no one would know(perhaps). But you just managed to go public on Boards and during troubleshooting it was disclosed, out on the Wast Wild Wide internet. On the site that is hosted in USA/Canada. Damn.

Spoooooky 🤣

Happy Halloween

PS: ...and yes, if you post it, recipient will be able to see who is the author.

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

Advertisement