Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Ugliest lock screen clock and cannot change it. WTF!

Wont be getting one due to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Just been on to Google chat. queried why, when I ordered Express delivery is it now lost at sea and delivery date "6 up to 14 business days". Was put on hold a few times whilst my query was sent to a higher tier of support, then got a final "escalated the case to our higher support".

But don't know what they can do really. Was tempted to tell them will return it when it eventually arrives. They did point out it was their delivery partner, not them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really loving the camera on this and the video is fantastic in 4k. Magic eraser is excellent, slow motion mode very good, motion, night mode All very good.

Only downsides for me so far is the fingerprint sensor is hit and miss, would prefer if it was just 6 inches, and had WiFi calling enabled and if the pixel launcher was more customisable, I'll probably move back to Nova eventually.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

I went straight to Nova after already trying stock launcher when I first went to Android 12 on my Pixel 5.

It was crashing for a bit, but cleared cache and it has been fine since. I just can't live without my gestures, they're automatic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭grennscreener

thats 5G for you. Works as advertised when you're 10ft away from the tower - and at that, you have to be facing it, if you turn your back to it and the signal passes through you, your speed will drop.

• Advertisement

So timed it, got from 5 to 70% in 40 minutes while also using the phone which is pretty decent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I ordered the 6 but then managed to order the Pro on the last night of the Bose offer. Received the 6 yesterday, but I'm going to wait and use the Pro when that arrives in a few weeks.

Before I start the return process.......if anyone was looking to buy the 6 (Stormy black 128GB) and missed the Bose offer I'm happy to sell for the price I paid (€649) and apply for the headphones when I can (and obviously give to the buyer when they arrive). I did open the box to look at the phone, but it hasn't even been turned on.

I'm based in Dublin. Buyer can collect from my house or I'll send if you pay postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Anyone else not get charged yet for a phone they've already received? 🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Yeap, still over €900 pending in my account. I did order a case that hasn't arrived yet which is possibly why.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

Does anyone know where to get a decent case? I have the phone but it's too slippy to use without a case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got a cheap TPU one on Amazon and it's perfectly fine. Arrived on Friday morning after ordering Tuesday night.

Adds a little bulk to the phone but definitely adds some protection and makes the phone less slippy.

Cresee for Google Pixel 6 Case, Thin TPU Cover with Soft Interior Anti-Scratch Slim Fit Flexible Phone Case for Pixel 6 2021, Green https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09DKPRFB8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_JC3E7K9ZT0JNR13184DB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I don't see anything pending, but maybe that's just the crappy boi app. I am also waiting on a case so I guess that's a likely explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Got my 6 there yesterday, and I have to admit it's bigger than I thought, but I do like it. The case I had ordered from amazon also arrived, but it was awful, so I sent it back today (it had a built in screen protector, which also stopped the fingerprint reader from working). Ideally I'd like a thin rubber case, that will just protect it from scuffs when I drop it, but that won't turn it into a complete brick, but it seems everything is out of stock. I'll keep searching, but if anyone happens to find something that will fit the bill, please share a link. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

So I cancelled my order on the Google Store and picked up the six in my local Vodafone store, in the colour I actually wanted, sorta seafoam. No need to even get a free sim as they are unlocked.

Set up was fast and easy, coming from the Pixel 5, the size and weight difference is obviously apparent. The speakers and haptics are so much better.

Screen is bright and uniform in terms of viewing angles.

Portrait photos do seem to be better with cutting on a subject, I'm interested how astrophotography and night shots will fair compared to the 5.

Battery is to early to tell, it started at 56% and it's now nearly 10pm with set up, app updates, app downloads etc and a SOT of 3 hours I'm at 18%.

A case is definitely needed so I have that on order from Google.

Fingerprint sensor could be a shade faster, however I added my thumbs twice, and I did note in setting up a fingerprint after a system update it does take more scans of your fingerprint.

Overall it's a big step up from the 5, animations feel so much smoother, same switching between apps, and the build quality is a marked improvement it does feel more solid.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

Good spot re the fingerprint setup post update, I added my other thumb this evening and thought it took longer. Re added the other one as well

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

No with 3 the last number of years, popped in my sim without any issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I will test it with mine and GoMo\5G when I get it. Hopefully I won't have to wait until November 23rd/25th though!

Cheers,

M

Can anyone tell me if there is a protective file on the 6\6 Pro when you take it out of the box? If so I will leave it on when I get mine. I know it is not as good quality as a paid for screen protector but it will do me.

Thanks,

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

There is but it has a white backing sheet, so no - you will need a screen protector if you want one.

Thanks. Any recommendations? What are most people here going for in terms of screen protector? I would like to have mine bought and ready to put on as soon as I take off the other one. I have the official Google case ordered.

Cheers,

M

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Also try Lawnchair Launcher. Like an enhanced Pixel Launcher.

PS I also use Nova Prime sometimes, bought the full version a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Seeds2098

Hi all,

I have a oneplus6 and am thinking its time to buy a new phones. One of the reasons is due to the ending support for Oneplus6 at end of year.

Some questions Im hoping people can help with.

Where is the best place to buy the Pixel 6?

Will there be black Friday deals for Pixel 6?, is it worth waiting?. ( all speculation I know ).

Is there still a deal available giving free headphones?, where?

Is the Pixel6 a good upgrade from oneplus6( now thats its a three year old phone ).

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Direct from Google or try Vodafone. Amazon and Argos are other options.

Considering the demand I doubt there'll be a drop in price. Maybe a free pair of Pixel Buds?

Bose headphone deal is finished.

I'd think it's a decent upgrade.

Probably the best place to buy the pixel 6 is on the Google store.

I know nothing about how Google will respond to black Friday but the phone is new so I highly doubt there will be any discount.

Unfortunately the deal with the headphones ended on the 27th.

I've never used the OnePlus 6 but yes I would imagine it would be a good upgrade because as you said the OnePlus you have is 3 years old plus this new pixel has the tensor chip Which gives access to features not available on other phones as of yet such as more accurate speech to text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭pawrick

Moved from the oneplus 7 Pro to the Pixel 6. Tbh other than the camera I prefer my old phone. Probably too used to the oneplus system for example dragging down on the screen for a screenshot rather than pressing two buttons or having a built in app vault. My opinion might change with a few months of use but right now I'm not sure it was worth it other than for the camera. I also really wish android would allow folders in the app drawer as standard this applies to oneplus as much as pixel, i hate clutter on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Seeds2098

Thanks, Ill hold off for now and consider if there are decent deals around Black Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Phone now in

31. October 2021 13:23 (UTC+01:00) | FWY.

and using same tracking number in Fastway.ie get "It will be with you in 1-2 working days,"

And Revolut advises payment to Google reverted. Sent Google an email thanking them for such a generous gesture for messing up delivery. No reply as yet.

Advertisement