Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ordered on the 25th and have had the below delivery dates since, some big changes and very frustrating

Oct 25th - Delivered by Nov 23rd-24th

Oct 26th - Delivered by Nov 16th-17th

Oct 28th AM - Delivered by Nov 17th-18th

Oct 28th PM - Delivered by Nov 18th-19th

Oct 29th - Delivered by Nov 17th-18th

Oct 31st AM - Delivered by Nov 23rd-24th

Oct 31st PM - Delivered by Nov 30th- Dec 1st

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

^^ Yeah, mine is the same.

I'm wondering now though, do we still get the free Bose headphones as we'd ordered during the offer period? Or do we not get it as we've not been charged/invoiced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Can't order the headphones just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

You can still get it, I wouldn't worry about that.

Last year I ordered the Pixel 5 on September 30th, it wasn't shipped until November 2nd, and I still got the headphones no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I ordered my phone through Vodafone, the phone arrived after a couple of days but no headphones. I've been messaging Vodafone via live chat but got no answer about shipping date of earphones, they told me it's a different department and gave me a phone number to ring but after an hour on hold I gave up.

I'm using the charge from my old pixel 4 and when the 6 is charging it says "Rapidly" but expected charge time is 1 hour 45 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

The headphone offer is nothing to do with Vodafone you can apply here from 14 days after you got the phone.

Pixel 4 charger is only 18W. Pixel 6 uses the USB Power Delivery PPS standard to charge at 30 watts. You need to get the official google charger or a 3rd party one that supports the standard to charge at max speed. I'm waiting for the wireless charger it has a 30w charger with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

I just checked it there and same for me.

I've heard nothing at all from Google though which is poor as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Ordered on the 25th and should have it tomorrow - I actually should have gotten it Friday but DHL said they had too much stuff to deliver that day and couldn't get to me then.

Only thing is I ordered a case from Google too and it hasn't even shipped yet, expected delivery date of November 16/17.

Nervous about using this without a case - anyone know of any bricks and mortar stores selling cases yet? I imagine it's too soon for them to have one yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

My phone has arrived at DHL in Cork so should have it today. Got the case on Friday. Should actually have had both on Thursday but get held up first in Brussels and the phone also got held up in Leipzig. Guess DHL are extra busy at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Reason for money reverting, Google obviously only had it on hold As it wasn't claimed after 7 days Revolut cancelled the hold. Few hours later Google put on another hold, this time just the price of phone and charger. case not included this time.

Also no word from google except email from chat just saying conducting a thorough investigation and will advise

Might get my birthday present in time after all 2nd Nov

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have had the phone nearly a week now. I'm consistently getting around 50% battery drain over 24 hours with around 3 hours screen on time, happy with that. I had a play around with the camera over the weekend though and noticed some serious battery drain when taking pictures, 5-6% gone over 15 minutes or less.

I still think the fingerprint scanner really let's the phone down. It's too slow and far worse than the OnePlus I'm coming from which is 2.5 years old and was a cheaper phone too. For once I actually wish I could use face unlock.

Post edited by Royale with Cheese on

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

It looks like fastway have mine out for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Mine is out for delivery with DHL today - ordered 25th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Very happy with the battery life so far (6 pro), far outlasting my z fold 3, like actually getting to end of day with 30/40% and obviously being new it's getting a lot of use. I don't expect it to be a 2 dayer at any stage though.

FYI the Bose 700 claims page is now up and running. Just did mine there. If you select Ireland the 2 options on where you bought it are Google Store and Vodafone Ireland, just in case anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Also be aware, Gmail is putting the Bose 700 claim emails into the spam folder. Mine was approved within minutes, both emails went into spam (got a text when it was approved though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Will Vodafone be selling the 6 Pro at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What's the URL for claiming the headphones again please? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Received my 6 on Friday and had a good amount of time with it over the weekend.

Getting used to Android 12 has been a bit of an adjustment coming from Samsung, but have got to grips with it now. Really like it apart from some small things.

Battery life, which is one of the most important parts to me, has been fantastic. Full days usage no bother at all. This was over wifi though and I am not using 5g so your mileage may vary.

Saturday: 8 hours 48m screen on time between 7.16am and 11.30pm and 22 % still left.

Sunday: 7 hours 13m screen on time between 7.23 and 11.03 and 38 still left.

Usage was mostly Reddit, YouTube, few pictures taken, WhatsApp and some light gaming.

Couldn't be happier with the battery to be honest, especially after being slightly worried after battery complaints from some reviewers. Can't wait for the headphones to land now. Was planning on selling them but I imagine the market will be flooded with them pretty soon so I won't get what they are worth. Might just have to hold on to them. Have never owned expensive headphones before so I would like to try them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Claimed my headphones there. They didn't give me a choice of colour, these don't come in pink or anything horrible like that do they?

Looks like there is a horrible white/pink combo but the only thing in stock on Amazon is Black or Silver so I'm guessing (hoping) it'll be one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've applied for the headphones but I haven't received an email checked spam also nothing there!

Edit; sorted

Post edited by Mantis Toboggan on

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Thanks for the headsup on the spam folder. Unbelievable Gmail sends emails from Google to spam.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice one lafors!

Claim sent and approved already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Mine just in the door. Can not get over the sheer size and weight of it compared to the 5. Holy **** 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thought the same, it's a big beast of a thing coming from my OnePlus 5.

They do actually come in rose gold, but I would have to guess that they will send out the black (or maybe white). The other colour options are more expensive generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Also in Cork. Phone arrived today, case not even dispatched yet though. The Google Store is saying I won't have it till November 16-17. Would cancel the order if there was a case I could buy today in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

For those claiming the headphones when did you get your phone? i thought it said wait 14 days before claiming? or is that 14 days from pre ordering? i ordered mine on release night and got phone last thursday..for proof of purchase are you using the email order from google store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

I ordered on launch day also, the 19th. Claimed the headphones there and it went through no problem.

Sent a screenshot of my Google Store order email confirmation and my IMEI, was a fairly quick process.

Interesting to see how quickly they send these out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Did everyone get approved straight away? I done mine 2 hours ago and it just says claim received.

Advertisement