Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Agree with you.

So many seemingly pointless asides and unfinished story lines / plot holes

- how is Jimmy not more peed off that his wife was with his brother?

- why has Birdie no role as such?

- would a social worker, solicitor or pharmacist really curse at customers in real life?

- why so many shots of Aviva and convention centre?

- how is Jimmy able to smell burning flesh by ironing someone's face but not able to shoot someone without freaking out?

- why have the Kinsellas no staff at all?

- what relevance was Frank being on Grindr/ being gay?

- what relevance was Michael shooting Anna's mother?

-what you said: what relevance was Eamons wife being sick, him attending an ayahuasca ceremony and having an approx 8 year old son- where did that kid come from? What was in the velvet box?

What was the significance of the woman in the pool?

- how did Michael appear in Spain, get a gun, know where he was meant to go, shoot in a massively public area with no mask, able to travel freely etc etc

- why was it not safe to go to Amsterdam or the pharmacy but OK to go to school, cafe?

- what made Frank overdose? He was a soft touch all along so why give a shite about that now?

- Jimmy and Amanda were all loved up at the start (sex scene), by thr end they were barely talking. Also someone else here referenced Jimmy telling her what her place was and suddenly he's OK with doing her bidding?

- why would Eamon give anyone "chances " and not annihilate them all to get his 50m drugs back? Esp when he was being charged for the privilege by his Big Boss

- why would Con not burn Anthony (why isn't he Anto?) anyway for what they did to his kid dousing him in petrol?

- how was it thwt easy to steal the drugs and store them? What was the point in stealing them in the first place- they weren't selling them, they just used them as a "hostage " in the end. Pointless

- why did Eric ask Nikki to get thr "witness" killed. Surely there was up to 40 people at the party who would be more than happy to testify against the "no staff" Kinsellas? Plus it was the 4 traffic cameras that got him.in the first place- they can't kill those.

- what will they/ havr they been doing for money if they're not selling and not laundering? If neither Kinsellas nor Eamon have drugs to sell, wouldn't there be someone else willing to supply the customers in that vacuum?

- did they give Eamons "Jimmy piss money" back to him or was he cool with just gifting it as an oops for killing Jamie?

- why are Jimmy, Michael and Frank so close in age. If Bren had the 2 lads at 20 and they are 40 ish now (have to be as Jamie was 17) that would make Bren and Frank nearer 60 if not older

There are loads more I can't think of now as well as loads of incredulous stuff such as the cafe shooting, the middle of the road meet ups with no consequences etc.

That aside it was something to do on a Sunday evening when I always get a bad case of the Glenroes so....

Edit: Season 2- if it happens. What in the name of Jaysys makes the "no staff" Kinsellas think they can take on the "Big Boss" when they barely survived Eamonn and even Eamonn wasn't willing to piss off the Big Boss.

Post edited by tea and coffee on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Amanda put pressure on him. He's obviously not the smartest lad. But why would they leave him around, as an eye witness to a murder ad well as the planning of the murder. Not to mention all the other trouble he's caused, setting up yer man who got the cars for the garage, as well as getting Fudge killed. And sure with the writing as bad as it is, it doesn't have to make complete sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I completely get there was so many glaring plot holes in this but can people just relax? There is going to be more series of this, its OK to have plot arcs work through series rather than have everything wrapped up in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Good thing we've an experienced hitman in our midst to provide such insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

More likely that as it's written by a guy who's used to doing soap operas, that the backstories aren't really thought about that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

Look the show was complete garbage, more a comedy than anything tbh but if AMC see the viewing figures doing the job stateside they will make a season 2 and that's that. Personally i can't see it been given the green light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭De Bhál

puking up your insides beside the fire will be all the DNA the guards need I'd say. Not that that will be followed up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hmmm the runners being burned were fully cream/white. Con was wearing black shoes so not him, no need to burn his dead body anyway. Kem was wearing runners with white/cream soles and bottom area of shoe, then they were dark color. Maybe they could be his runners being burned after Jimmy shoots him?? Although Jimmy did empty all 7 bullets into Con. Jimmy was wearing a 1 piece overall and didn’t show his shoes, when he was burning he was back in his normal gear. So yes it’s another good question they left us wondering about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jimmy was burning the clothes he wore during the shooting. Quite common and already been shown earlier on in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

An 'extra story', as in revealing the plot for season two?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

He doused the ground where he got sick with petrol. I'm assuming he was burning Con's body.

Also, Amanda still has a trial for money laundering to face so it remains to be seen if she'll stay in charge, also Eric tasking his gf and Kem with tracking down the witness against him.

Still quite a few loose ends in play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yes that’s what I initially thought. But others have quite rightly put forward the possibility that he was burning Kem after shooting him. I don’t think there is any evidence that he shoots Kem, and if he did it would have been part of the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just looking at the banner on RTE news Now, RTE, seem terribly excited saying our screens were rocked after the Finale & fans wanting More 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rocked my Hole

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,452 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tbf, watching it on RTE last night, each advert break contained adverts for RTE drama. Pushing hard with selling themselves seems to be on brand

True, noticed that but you'd think if this show was as successful as we are led to believe, they'd be flogging paid advertising at massive rates rather than self promotion, just my own humble opinion 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

At least our politicians didn't chime in. Unlike over in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I thought it was grand, if you don't take it too seriously. The first episode was terrible, really bad diaglog and Dublinisms.

The drugs heist was ridiculous. Eric going off to shoot the other gang in is own car was beyond stupid. The fake diversity/box ticking was rolleyes.

It was mentioned that they kept on showing shots or Lansdowne Road. I think that is because Dublin is generally a very unremarkable City in terms of having good shots, especially at night time. The most iconic structures are 2 defunct chimneys 😂

I'll watch the 2nd series, I'll take it with a pinch of salt. Although I might get turned off by the way RTE are trying to proclaim it as the greatest TV series in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

While this was no masterpiece, and veered towards nonsense at times, with some very badly written and delivered dialogue...

...I'll definitely be watching Series 2 if there is one! I don't know why. I liked it, not in spite of, but because of it's flaws. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That whole "double entendre" shtick is fairly old now where a person is at a church listening to priests words while knowing at the very same time what's happening elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It was nicked off the Godfather when Michael was at the Christening whilst the leaders of the 5 families were being killed.

I just happened to watch the Godfather over the weekend, so it pinged straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They're only allowed show so much paid advertising. It would be rather foolish not to promote some of their own shows while they have lots of viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

I wasn't aware RTE had any restriction put on them re advertising 🤔 infact lately its worse than virgin media for advert breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

With these scriptwriters anything is possible. I definitely think he's covering for someone.

What would Amanda's motive be, jealousy maybe? However I thought money laundering was her role and only took a violent direction after Jamie was killed.

If Amanda did it I would have thought Birdy or Jimmy or even Mickey would have made reference, but I seriously don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

WWN just posted up a very accurate review of the last episode

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2021/11/01/kin-final-episode-recap/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You know that it IS an American show, right? Funded from the US and broadcast there to decent reviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Ripping off TheGodfather on more than one occasion, as well as The Sopranos, and Peaky Blinders and all very clumsy.

Derivative, very little original story, and not one sympathetic character that you warm to.

Poor.

Advertisement