Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card entering car park, however barriers were already up on exit.

• 01-11-2021 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I wonder can someone help me. I recently entered an airport carpark using my credit card. Parked for a few days. However on exit the barriers were up so I just drove on. Anyone know what will happen with this situation ?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Sounds like the carpark will think your car is still there, your card checked in, but never checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's possible that your registration plate was scanned when you entered so they will link your credit card to the reg. no. and as soon as you exit, your card will be charged. But I've never swiped a credit card to enter a car park so have no idea what will happen. Neither will anyone else here, unless you care to name the airport and someone might have an idea how their car park works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

IIRC Dublin Airport carparks all use ANPR to track the cars in and out, so even if the barrier was up the camera will still have caught you reg going out. Easiest way is to call the car park and ask about your reg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

It's knock airport so no number plate recognition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I expect you be ok... the easy solution is report lost and get new card...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This is how it works ...

To avoid queuing for car park paystations in the airport terminal you can now pay for car parking at the airport barrier by using your credit card on entry to the car park. To pay by credit card follow the below simple instructions. Insert your Credit/Debit card at the machine at the Entry barrier and the same card in the machine at the Exit barrier when leaving. Your card will be charged automatically at the published rates for the duration of your stay. Please note you must use the same card at both Entry and Exit barriers.

https://www.irelandwestairport.com/car_parking/drive-up-parking-rates

If there was a problem with the card reader or the data link to the payment processing company, they'd have no choice but to raise the barrier. I doubt if they will bill you. ANPR would have allowed them to scan the registrations of the exiting cars, that data could have been later uploaded and the linked credit cards billed. But it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that someone will view footage from a CCTV camera and do that manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

I would say 50 cars just drove out as the barriers were up.

Advertisement