Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Yeah just got my phone now and copying over settings. Case is OK but I'll definitely get a better one in due course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

I'm the same. Exact same thing happened last year, complete lottery.

They do say wait 4 business days. After that, you can actually call them and they manually process it on the spot. At least that's what I did last year.

I bet they're suddenly inundated with claims since the page went live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mine still says claim received. Ordered the phone on launch night, got it last Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Have my charger and my Black Pixel 6 Pro now.

Does anyone else's screen have a slight green tint to it? It's very mild, but having the phone next to my OnePlus 8 Pro, it's clear that the white is either an off-tint and warmer or that's related to it not being quite so bright screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

so... weird one and I would imagine this is just me. Given the camera bar and many reviews I've seen I was under the impression that the pixel 6 would lay completely flat to a flat surface and not wobble. Now this obviously isn't a big issue but I've noticed when placed on a flat surface my standard pixel 6 will wobble if I press the bottom right hand corner. No movement when doing the same the to the left corner of the phone - the back of the phone on my unit must be off by mm or so.

Not a big deal in anyway really but interested to know if its just my unit or others have seen the same?

Ordered on the 25th and still no money has been taken from my account the estimated delivery date has remained the same still saying the end of November or the beginning of December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

If anyone is selling the headphones please PM me I could be interested if the price is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DrBormental

Bought Pro on the launch night. Received on 28th, played with it for good few days and sent it back today.

Android 12 is easy to get used to, I didnt have any issues with screen tint or uneven colours, solid build device with nice colour accents.

Battery was good, pretty sure mkbhd experience was impacted by 5g connection, hardly an issue here in Ireland with only a few operators offering it.

Camera is ok. Have to agree with some YouTube reviewers. It's hit and miss. I had some bad shots and some good shots. Wasnt impressed with overprocessed portraits of my dog with weird blurr, but theres nothing that cant be fixed with software updates, i suppose.

Returned as I couldn't live with the curved screen, was hoping ill get used to it at first, but i couldnt unsee the shady sides :(

Fingerprint scanner is not the best I've seen on the phone, but I'm pretty sure google will bring face recognition with their famous feature drops.

I have 2 cases that i barely used, Casology vault in sage green and Spigen thin fit in black for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

No, not yet, thougt like posting it here first as people were strugling to get them delivered. Not trying to get any extra money on it. Both bought from Amazon DE for 34 eur including delivery, will ship both via Parcel Motel or anpost for 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Fair play to you. I am interested, but I'm hoping my case ships with my phone. I'll talk to you tomorrow if no one else is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Sorry to hear you returned it. Any pics of the cases please and thanks.

Yeah, was trying my best to keep it, never had a phone with curved screen, didn't expect i'll dislike it so much. Envy everyone who used to the curves using Samsung or OnePlus phones. Great phobe overall with a few issues that can be fixed via updates. Here are the cases.

UPD: Cases sold to kmart6

Post edited by DrBormental on

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

The 6 moe. Couldn't justify the extra €300 to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

Submitted the headphone claim and got a text pretty much straight away saying it's approved and will be sent within 60 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Submitted my claim at 11:35 and still waiting. They do say up to 4 days though to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Got the phone earlier (standard 6) and happy so far. Just one issue it doesn't seem to be working with the wireless charging in my Hyundai i20 (2021). Using the google case so that shouldn't be the issue. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

Submitted my claim at 11 and still waiting. Then realised I ordered 13 days ago, and not 14. Assume it'll get approved tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

Check your spam folder. Just did mine there, text and approval email came seconds after confirmation email. I didn't even take a screenshot on the the Pixel 6 as I haven't set it up yet, just took a pic of the IME on the box.

Case arriving tomorrow so I'll transfer over then

Have ordered the Bellroy case for the 6 Pro since seems the Otterbox one won't be in stock for a little while and I don't want to go without a case for that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Would be interested in both if still available?

Just saw an example on Reddit, presuming it's not you so you're not the only one...

https://v.redd.it/eut2frr9hyw71

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pixel6/comments/qkaixb/wobble_wobble

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

So finally got my p6 today delivered by fastway.

It was in a box rattling around with a tiny bit of packing to protect it but would be no addition.

I'm thinking it might have gotten a few too many knocks in transit as now wifi seems to be constantly turning on and off and Bluetooth looks like it could be too.

Anyone else see similar problem?

I wasn't too sure of the fingerprint reader but find it getting better,or just acclimatizing to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Doesn't sound good, try a factory reset and if it doesn't improve send it back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yup that's exactly the same issue haha. Not a big deal but very strange

Yeah not a big deal but I know I'd find it a bit irritating, always prefer my phone to be flat/even when on a surface.

Absolutely, I'm completely OCD with this stuff so I imagine tomorrow I'll get annoyed after a wobble and get onto google about a replacement. No point even denying it haha

• Advertisement

So I am using the stock charger cable and the Pixel plug socket charger and it's telling me it will take over 2 hours to fully charge on rapid charging?

It's supposed to be 30W like my OnePlus 8 Pro, but this is much slower charging and also doesn't seem to be hitting the claimed speeds that reviews claim. What gives?

Advertisement