Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Opened i think 8 packs this morning, 4 times Mukiele, 4 times Lemar, and 3 times Simon Kjaer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Since I’ve lost my last qualifier and have run out for the season, I’m back to thinking the whole system is absurd again 😂

I get the idea behind making qualifying harder, but I can’t wrap my head around limiting the number of attempts to qualify. Just puts an unnessecary roadblock to punish people who aren’t as good even more so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just got to elite division in Rivals. For some reason Div 1 felt quite a bit easier than Weekend League. This is my team in game at the moment with about 550k coins + 30 IFs on the market. Not sure what to do with it, will definitely replace Smith-Rowe as he doesn't do a whole lot.

Aubameyang, Salah, Silva, Cancelo & LLoris are untradeable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'd suggest getting Son in....could get all on 10 chem and them use him CAM in game

Son is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is it worth splashing out on van Dijk and Varane? (Full backs are Robertson and Cancelo).

I currently have Wan-Bissaka and Rudiger as my two CBs. I've been saving my coins and have 600K now. Both Wan-Bissaka and Rudiger have over 250 games for me but I think I could do better.

Open to other CB suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

It's hard to look past Varane, he's a rock at the back.

Maybe hold off buying as his price could drop even further.

I've played a few games with FB Kante. I haven't used a proper CDM since Fabinhio a few weeks back. Since then it was Pogba and then Barella with a shadow.

Barella, despite having a respectable 79 starting just doesnt compare. Kante has intercepted some passes none of my other players were able. Hes also decent for starting the attack with his pace.

Barella was an untradeable early addition and once I packed Di Natale he helped to maintain two 10s there so I'll continue on for now.

I have a tradebale KDB I've just taken out for Silva, I was using Silva wide left in initially and he only got one goal in 17, so benched him, but maybe now using him as the CAM I'll get more joy and I can ship the KDB(he gets me decent goals/assists so I'll just bench for now)

When I was drunk last week at like 3am, I spent all my coins on Son and then thought to myself that was stupid. Sterling and Rashford cost about 1/8th the price and neither are much worse. I sold him again the next day without any loss.

Im not saying he's not worth the upgrade, I'm saying youd want to have exhausted the other positions before you go and change that one(upgraded Sarr for Salah in the end which isnt a comparable difference).

Son/Mane are the least important upgrades for the PL IMO with Sterling and Rashford so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

If you get to say 5-2 in your WL qualifiers should you be losing the last couple of games in purpose or does it make any difference?

Did anyone else who got to Elite find that the points system is more harsh than 2021?.

I lost the first game and dropped about 50 points and then won the next and gained 7. I think I only lost about 2 games from around 10(some draws) and Im on 1785(I think you start at 1800).

Not that it counts for anything but it just seems you have to win way too many games to increase the points versus a loss, compared to last year.

You can maintain your record by completing your games. The only downside to backing out is the disconnect losses and your record. Which is why most people just gift wins in WL to get the rewards instantly.

Personally I'd rather play and quick early if I'm losing than just give them away for no reason bar impatience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

How do you find Di Natale?

His price is dropping like a stone so he's getting closer to my budget, and he's the biggest upgrade I could possibly make to my team I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Played my first WL and hit 16-3, handed away the other game. Sadly utterly terrible reds (Alaba the best) and then the two TOTW packs yielded Tadic and a lot of discards. Pure pain, as per! :-(

Hes got 122:44 in 171 games.

I suppose that's not too bad. If I didn't have the UT Barella sitting in there at the time, I'd probably have sold him and got Ronaldo.

I guess what let's him down for the price is that he's not a crossing option.

Im running him and Salah now so those crossing goals are gone. Most people dont cross but when I had IF Toney I was banging them in and their averages didnt seem too different. That's what Ronaldo might provide, a heading option as well as general play.

I suppose all in all my ratio with him above is decent, and I've no real desire to dispense with while Barella is an option.

Got to rank two.

I had two games left for the 64 odd needed for rank 1. Needed 8 points. I think I was gifted 3 wins in that total.

The TOTW pack was trash, three 81 below discards.

Got Alaba so he can go as the sub defender, Tadic and Candreva are SBC players.

I've two play off attempts for the final week.. you get two/three extra attempts for the entire season.. it's a bit tight alright. Could at least throw 2/3 more in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

always gift someone else the wins and give them the chance to qualify. If we all did it then screw EA.

Has anyone tried Rulebreakers Arnautovic yet?

Looks a crazy card - 6 foot 4, 4*/4*, 85 agility, 90 balance, and a hunter basically maxes out the pace and shooting. Only 37k now also!

I'm currently running Lautaro's regular gold card as a lone striker so will try him out.

Only thing is he has the medium attacking workrate but Inception (who really liked him) said during his review that his low defensive workrate sort of means the medium isn't as much of an issue as it appears.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Let me know how it goes, I am interested in replacing Lautaro too. I find he's really hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just a reminder to anyone who hasn’t done them.

I did the first part of the Kante & Dante SBCs - 11 common golds, 30 Chem, for a 2 rare player pack.

Got gold Marquinhos from one so a handy 100k!

I bought him.

He’s amazing! Loving him already.

Looking forward to trying him tonight.

Reviews online suggest he's really good.

He will definitely take me some adjusting as I've been conditioned to use smaller forwards in FIFA at this stage!

Given his agility and balance is so high you can use the hunter on him also.

I put hunter on him. Big step up from Martinez IMO, his physical size is very useful for holding off defenders, he has good feet and good pace.

And cracking shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Played a few playoff games this morning. Got to 4-1 and left it because the servers were that bad. The players I came up against were poor enough tbh but the games were scrappy because the delay was shocking. Amazing how they can be that bad on a Monday morning.

I noticed they were terrible today too. First time I’ve noticed it.

I wonder if the above is a nod to icon SBC's that may be on the way?

He is always spot on with his leaks.

Finally managed to get the 3 wins to get to Div 3!

I am putting it all on RB Arnautovic.

Down to 80k coins now though, going to need to get lucky with a pack soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ive only faced Arnautovic once but he utterly destroyed me. Like, insanely so. Got on the end of balls for shots he shouldn't have been able to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Danjuma card does me every time. Seems like one of those players that looks like 110 pace for whatever reason. Him, Dembele and Sterling are just so much faster than other cards with the same pace stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

EA tryna beef up the market - hero upgrade is out. 83+IF, 85+IF and 86 squads required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got Cole from it. Not so bad.

plus the 30 or so Bernardo Silvas I have have all got up 6k :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I forgot to buy Kroos at 13k so naturally he's 23k now.

Picked up Arnautovic so will try him later in my placement games.

Don't think I'm going to do that Hero sbc. There's only 6 heros that are worth more than the cost of the sbc and I just know I'd get the Saudi Striker who's worth less than 20k.

Also pretty stupid that we have to wait another month for the pre order hero now that they're releasing the same pack as an sbc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

84 IFs still not budging, everybody and their nan must have a stack of them 😅

Advertisement