Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUP fraud €183k, should the guilty be stripped of citizenship?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yes maybe. But that would also mean they get off prison ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seems they're both from Nigeria. I'm sure there'll be cooperation with the German banks/EU to help get further into this, but for now the 2 of them have cost the state enough already, they should be sent back. No ifs, ands or buts. Imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

They seem to be blatantly exploiting their Irish citizenship for personal gain by fraud. We seem to have the idea of citizenship arseways here at the moment it favours the individual rather than the nation.

Post edited by Montage of Feck on

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

How did the post office permit so many accounts to be opened.

Suggests a security flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Juran

I'll be very interested to see how this unfolds. I predict suspended sentences and the taxi driver will be back at work within weeks, and both will stay in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Of course they should have their citizenship and residency revoked.

Strange world that that is not a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

A great little country indeed....

No wonder many Nigerians refer to Ireland as 'treasure island'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

These guys must be laughing at how easy it is to play the system, no wonder Nigerans are so keen to come here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,470 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A drop in the ocean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Has joe Duffy and rte been on championing this fraud yet? Asking how they are expected to live on a mere 183k over 18 months...

I can see that Duffy gobshite, having your man on and telling him " shure isnt it awful you were caught "...

• Advertisement

Careful now lads, I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell us we're all racist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

They will be made heroes out of. They showed the system isnt working. Expect the freedom of the city and a free gaf if they dont already have one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's a joke of a country. Try going over to Nigeria as an Irishman and claim the dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Prison and then deport ,but our current minister of justice doesn't believe in deporting foreign criminals,

As a start no money should be returned to the Nigerian government until the costs associated with their citizens are paid in full

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Work them til they pay it all back then deport them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not the sharpest tools in the shed are they

“The Chairman” must be some bell end if these two are his main earners

CA xenophobia is alive and well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a pity our "free press" is unwilling to investigate how these Nigerians ended up living in Ireland. I'd be very certain that whatever asylum claims they might have made were bogus. It's not as if having loads of fake passports is different than what you might claim asylum for.

It won't be followed up for fear of upsetting the direct provision objectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The chairman as 140k or thereabouts in his arse pocket. I'd say he did alright out of the expendable gobshites (if he exists)

• Advertisement

Straight deport. Can't afford to be wasting more taxpayers money on these chancers. The legal system is another joke with the appeals process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yes - we give out citizenship too cheaply, should be any involvement in serious fraud etc within 10 years- out the gap

Our country is a fuc***g joke laughed at and abused by whomever lands here illegally,I’ve 2 neighbours left in the lurch by Africans as soon they got their citizenship, both chaps came in illegally- this is going on for years ,

between this and arranged false marriages, Lithuanian drug gangs, Romanian atm scammer’s, it’s about shagging time we wised up, look after IRISH homeless first, suspend foreign aid , sort out Ireland 🇮🇪 then and only then think about foreign aid, ps I don’t care what ppl think this is an honest appraisal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Without a shadow of a doubt they should be booted out of the country. I can't understand why they shouldn't be.

The problem is the racist card comes into play with all the do gooders. As you said we need to sort out are own problems with homelessness first than wasting taxpayers money on these spongers, wasters and frauds. Now not all of these immigrants are and some are hard working and want to contribute to society and the economy and integrate into our culture but for the rest.

Well, two parts of the INC Act 1956 were ruled unconstitutional not too long ago, so there'll be no revocation of any citizenship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Funny enough there was 10s of millions of euro fraudulently claimed by 1000s of Irish people with PUP . Still happening today.

Government should be rounding these people up also and have all of them in court over the next few years to recover the money.

Quite agree 👍btw I’ve close friends Romanian and Nigerian so am being honest, sons mum is Romanian so definitely not racist but finding it on here that the racist card comes out too quickly- country is in trouble

• Advertisement

Advertisement