Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

The predicted charge time seems off to me, or maybe it's allowing for the massive slowdown that comes above 80%. I got a 30W charger on Amazon, and it went up 18% in 12 mins, which is decent. Once it hit 80%, it drastically slowed down though.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I put the phone on one of my really slow wireless chargers, the predicted time is pretty much the same as when I plug into a decent speed wired connection. Something definitely not right.

Mine is the same, so I imagine they're all that way. Very strange. It would be very rare that I'd have my phone sitting down on a flat surface and tapping at it, so it's not going to bother me. Still annoying to know of it....thanks guys 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah I'm not sure the predicted charging time the phone gives you is accurate. Mine is currently charging on 50% and says it will be 1hr 38 mins til full, Accubattery is telling me 41 minutes though. I haven't charged it past 80% yet though so can't verify exactly how long the last 20% takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mine is rock solid when flat down which is good as I'd have the phone beside me on the desk all day, had a Nord 2 earlier in the year and it was woeful for this.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The charge files upto 80% and then slows down, think it's something to do with preserving the battery.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

How do you find it coming from OP5?

I'm in same boat but still waiting for P6 delivery. Tbh, I still think that the OP5 is a fairly decent phone for day-to-day stuff and it's mainly the camera quality that irks me.

Do you think that it's a worthy upgrade that you notice in day-to-day? What would be most noticeable best and worst things in comparison to OP5?

How does fast charging compare? Finger print unlock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Vodafone originally had the Pixel 6 for 149.99 for pre order on the 60/month contract. Yesterday it went to 99.99 and today it is free on that contract plus you get a 50 gift card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 wellysbw

Pixel 6 bought direct from Google.

I'm trying to submit my headphone claim and it's telling me I need to wait the 14 days. Ordered on the 22nd. Anyone else getting this?

Re covers, bought a Spigen case on Amazon De, not being delivered till next week, not chancing using it properly till then.

Moving from a Oneplus 6T that was getting laggy and battery was waining bit. Only used the pixel for an hour or so Friday when it arrived, was away for the weekend. Not 100% sure I've made the right. All if I'm honest. Things on my OP 6T I realise now that I'm gonna miss:

Double tap to wake /sleep

Power button placement

Face unlock, although I'll probably solve this with leaving the phone unlocked when it's in the house/car or connected to my watch.

Main reason I moved, camera, pure android, price and headphone deal. Hoping Google will improve the experience, any thoughts on them adding gestures or could Nova launcher fill the gap for me?

Cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Has anyone had issues with WhatsApp battery drain? Battery is discharging quicker than I'd expect and looking at battery info it shows WhatsApp has drained 22% of it and I'm not altogether sure why as I've barely used it apart from maybe 5-6 messages in the last few hours.

So far, I'm not seeing the improvements I'd have expected from my OnePlus 8 Pro.

The following I have gripes with (some bigger than others)

• Far less customisation than Oxygen OS.
    • Battery charging, despite being 30W, is for sure slower than the OnePlus at the same rating
    • Screen is not quite as bright as the OnePlus 8 Pro.
    • Battery seems to dip faster than the OnePlus, despite a dimmer screen.
    • Needing to hit enter after entering PIN
    • Tendency to run pretty warm.
    • Selfie Camera appears to be too zoomed in and poorer quality compared to OP8 Pro.

There are some good things though

• Far better integration with Google Services
    • Magic Eraser
    • Live Translate
    • Far better flashlight
    • Better rear cameras for sure.
    • Excellent quality speakers for a phone
    • E-Sim Support

Jury still very much out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Does it work without the case?

Mine charges fine in my hyundai ioniq, but I've no case.

• Advertisement

Double tap to wake works,look for gestures in the settings.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You need to wait 14 days. You're on day 11 at the minute.

If I double tap my screen it wakes up. Doesn't turn off the screen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

I haven't tried that yet. Will give it a go after work. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's not a geusture that works for this phone, unfortunately!

I miss it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yeah I got the original claim received email, still waiting for the accepted message though!

For all of the talk about how Pixel should give the most pure Android experience, it's clear that the pure Android experience lacks a fair feq customisation features and handy convenient touches that the likes of OnePlus phones have.

I read a lot about people saying that the beauty of the Pixel would be an Android experience with less bloat and therefore far more convenient. What I'm seeing is a few small nice touches and a load of useful things missing. It feels somewhat locked down.

I do tend to think you're onto something.

I can't stand having the back button on the left side.

Let me move the thing to the right side, like every other phone I use 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just for those saying they find the charging slow, there is an option for slow charging based upon when the phone thinks you'll need it (i.e. overnight) I turned mine off as it was slowing my charging down. Can't remember where I changed it but it prompted me to do it.

Hey TitianGerm, Sorry I wasn't clear, but it's the exact opposite thing that I wanted. :)

Yes, you can double tap to wake, but you can't double tap an empty space to sleep!

• Advertisement

Things I miss

• Being able to hide icons in the top right hand of screen (I don't need to see I'm on 4G or a battery icon, on OnePlus I can hide battery icon, and 4G icon, and just show battery percentage without the battery icon itself)
    • Not having to press enter after entering a pin. OnePlus it automatically does it.
    • Lack of true customisation options for home screen
    • Accent colour control, I can have based on Wallpaper, or a selection of 4 colours. Why not let me pick my own?

I've turned that off, it said that it will try and top it to 100% based on my wakeup alarm time, but for me it made very little difference turning it off. It just meant that it charged a bit quicker towards the end, but it's still not anywhere near as quick as the OnePlus 8 Pro which has same rated charging.

Yes that's something that I missed on my P30 Pro coming from OP5 but now I'm used to not having it.

Yeah, I think it does that by default if you plug in at night and have an alarm set the next morning. I believe it's called adaptive charging.

Back button on the right side is the most illogical thing ever. I think Samsung started it years ago, just to be different.

In any case, why would you be using buttons at all? Just use gestures....swipe up from bottom for home, swipe in from either side for back. Doesn't matter whether you're right or left handed then.

Back being on left is fine for me, it's what I am used to, but the only reason I don't use gestures is whilst for back and home is easy, to get recent apps up, having to swipe up then hold is not intuitive with the buttons a single press is far easier.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That's true, although most of the time in switching back to my previous app, which is just done by swiping left-to-right along the bottom of the screen.

I resisted gestures for a long time, but I'm well used to them now. When I use my other half's phone I'm always swiping in from the side of the screen and wondering why nothing is happening.

I really like gestures personally, just the app switching one is a deal breaker for me. Any gain I get using the other gestures is cancelled out by the crap app switching one. If they made a simpler way to get the recent app scroller up, I'd be ditching the buttons for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

This case just arrived from Amazon and I'm delighted with it. Feels solid and well made, and keeps the back of the phone visible (handy for the non black phones.)

Still waiting on my Bose approval after 24 hours.

Advertisement