Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

my last order was sitting in DONGGUAN CITY airport for a week waiting to leave, must have had to do a covid test lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mine was stuck in Guangzhou until this morning. Happy to see some movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Mines in Germany via Dhl

• Registered Users Posts: 48 alz007

Let me know how you get on. A package of mine is at the same stage as of today!

I've had a horrid success rate lately. 1 package (Shoot) out 4 making it through in the August September period. The ones that didn't make it were all from DHgate and were returned to sender without notifying me they were in Dublin. The tracking was not accurate at all. So frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Is there any chance Sandy or Shoot would do a copy of the Irish Blue jersey from Tuesday night if enough people committed to an order?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wolftown

Sandy already has it

http://m.sandycn.net/2021-Ireland-100th-Anniversary-Soccer-Jersey-p1898511.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Anyone have any shipments stopped by customs/seized where SF Express was the shipping method?

Not yet. My latest one appears to be on its way to me by Monday or Tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Has anyone heard of double tax clearance or special lines shipping?

My seller in China flat out said they won't use FedEx or DHL anymore as it's not safe to do so, too much being stopped by customs coming through couriers.

• Advertisement

I think.. not sure.. that SF Express is 'special lines' shipping from a quick google. With SF Express/e-parcel the duties (VAT) are already paid before arriving europe.

My package arrived today at 820am. Thankfully I was already awake.

8 items from Sandy via SF. Divided into 2 packages. Havent opened it but Im 7 jerseys and a Utd tracksuit in yhe good from my order Sept 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 alz007

For those that have had SF express / e parcel delivery - which sellers use this please??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

My latest package from Sandy been sent by DHL which I was not expecting, hoping it might not take too long to arrive.

Quick one folks, say if shoot or Sandy were to start sending orders with no tags on the items, can they still get done by customs? I would have said no but someone might be able to clarify? Thanks

• Advertisement

Ive no idea. Never discussed in here and Ive never requested anything like that.

My own order has now been assessed and Im very pleased.

3 United shirts all sport on and fit great, went XL for my usual large. Same with the Bayern shirt I got.

Got an Away Ireland 94 shirt which is good too. Not sure about the flags on the sleeve as they look a little cheap, but thats a small niggle.

My biggest worry was my Utd Tracksuit. I had got a Jordan tracksuit from Sandy a year ago and it was ok. Was a bit cheap looking and wasnt sized great. So I was hesitant about ordering another.

After reading recent reviews on her, I tried the United all black with red trim training tracksuit. And it was perfect. Went 2xl as usually go for XL in hoodies and long sleeves. Material all looks and feels hood and fit great. Will order another one.

Overall a great order that came in under 26 days via SF shipping. No customs, no real delays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mine

Mine are in Belgium at the moment, how after that were you waiting for them to arrive?

Mine didn't come through Belgium this time. Went from plane in Thai to Dublin in 10 days via Sandy and SF shipping

Mine have arrived in Ireland with DHL, fingers crossed they get through this time, 3rd time lucky hopefully

Order delivered this morning at 3rd attempt.... 5 kits all good quality

No problem with customs

Time to put the Xmas order now if its taking a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

What's the difference between player and Thai version jerseys? And are you aswell order a size up? Thanks

player version is designed to be like a second skin so unless you have the body of ronaldo it is best avoided

use the size chart on the relevant website for sizing guides

shoot sent me the following text today

hi sorry for bother you. the epidemic has been repeated repeatedly.

in order to avoid unexpected situation, you can place your order now, and you will surely receive the package before christmas

vivian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Player different material and tighter fit. Defo go a size up at least if buying them. I wouldn't buy one with a beer belly but no kit will conceal one of them 😁. I have player versions of Liverpool kits and they look fine on me once I learned the hard way I needed to go a size up.

Has anyone tried Sandy's fast shipping option for $17? Tempted to take a punt if it would shave even a week off shipping times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

Put in an order with Shoot last Friday, $15 for shipping. Just got a DHL tracking number this morning that says the package will be shipped from Germany to Ireland.

I didn’t even see that as an option for my last order, all I was offered was the $10 sf shipping

Well my order has been shipped with DHL so not sure if that’s $17 or not, I didn’t think I paid extra but not sure now. So far it’s been a week since I got tracking. Will update when order received

Cheers folks, I took a punt anyway - my last order a couple months ago I only had an option for $5 standard shipping, would definitely try get another order in before December if it does end up knocking of a fair amount of delivery time. It was about 3 weeks for my last one and that was grand in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

item arrived today after the first package was destroyed by customs. used addresspal this time and express post, customs was 15e (it was a fiver before, swear they pluck these numbers out of the air). item was resent 14/10 so little over a week,really impressed. shirts fit really well. think i'll go express in future, especially for xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

What's the current advice for ordering from shoot to get fast delivery and through customs? Probably ordering 3 jerseys.

Has anyone got the Ireland 1990 white jersey recently? Interested in getting it

This has just updated today almost 8 weeks since last update, looks like it’s still in China however!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Sandy hasn't had kids 8-9 (Aize 32) for ages, anyone know what's up

Got 3 tracksuits in the post from Sandy yesterday, all perfect quality

any custom charges and was it dhl shipping? I have a package from Sandy in Germany at the min

How long did they take? Have some in Luxembourg the past week

I paid on the 25th of September, the packages came via Luxembourg going by the postage labels on them but tracking didn’t mention that part of the journey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I ordered 1921 Ireland jersey from Aliexpress on 13th October. Choose AliExpress Standard Shipping to here. Delivered this morning with no customs.

can anyone explain what the double clearance tax logistics are that some sellers are now talking about? They are saying its safer way for them to post in order to get through customs.

Anyone heard of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wolftown

Won't be straying from Sandy again. Ordered 2 jerseys, 3 weeks from order to delivery.

Of the 2 orders I had with dhgate 1 took 7 weeks and the other is still bouncing around China 11 weeks later!

Sandy is good, the site she has is very good actually. But I still find her pricing is more expensive than other sellers out there. I have one guy who is $5 cheaper per jersey and €9 cheaper per tracksuit and quality is excellent.

Customs will always be the problem though, some good sellers out there. Going to try this double clearance tax shipping this time, seller reckons tax is paid before it lands in Dublin, so 95% chance of getting through. More expensive for the shipping though.

Tracking from my Sandy order hasn't updated since Oct 20th, I'm guessing its not looking good.

it doesnt update while it’s in holding at an area for example, where was it last ?

Post edited by OmegaGene on

Arrived this morning, all excellent quality. 2 tracksuits and 5 adult jerseys

no custom charges

Oh it just updated this second to "Shipment transiting to destination country" fingers crossed I'll have them soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ordered from Sandy on Oct 17, arrived today. DHL thru Germany, no issues, happy with quality as always

Sandy seems to still be the most reliable.

Usually arrives in around 7 days after that update, SF Express im assuming based on that update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Slightly off topic but I received a jersey from the UK last week in the post and today I get a customs charge letter, surely there's nothing they can do if I don't pay it? I already have the item...

FedEx?

You will need to pay it, otherwise you will continue to get letters from them up and until they threaten to send your debt to one of their 3rd party debt collectors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement