Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have they not given out that pre-order bonus yet? That’s shocking behaviour even from EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Learned my lesson on doing SBC's like that Hero one last year.

I'll be keeping all my high rated untradable fodder for Icon SBC's in the hope that they'll give us something halfway decent in same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'd say it's a combination of that and the Hero SBC just not being that attractive. Should see a good jump once the Icon SBCs start releasing.

Even as it is now I wouldn't sell half my fodder. Parejo market capped at 11k and Aguero at 18k, once demand picks up both those numbers should go up considerably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

No it was always meant to come on December 1st which seemed needlessly far from release at the time but especially now with this sbc available. I wouldn't put it past them to release upgraded "Hero Moments" versions of them as soon as the pre order pack is given out.

One of my IF Dzekos sold for 17.5k. If the other 30 could sell I'd be pretty happy. Might wait until the next POTM is released and then sell them all for whatever their going rate is as I'll still make a few k per card, although probably not enough to justify holding onto them this long.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Realistically, there’s only two hero cards I’d want, and both only for nostalgic reason, so I’ll skip.

have sold a few Ifs though, so not a bad evening.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd take any of the 3 serie A ones but chances are too small to risk it.

Does anyone ever have an issue where sound isn’t right in the game?

Commentary, crowd etc missing?

Never mind, TV audio had reverted to stereo.

Post edited by awec on

So I've actually managed to qualify for WL!

Does qualification alone guarantee a red pick? And what exactly are the red cards? Where can you see the options that will be available, or how do they determine who is available?

I think losing all twenty games gets you one red card. Just make sure you actually play twenty, even if you quit out. Don’t hit the “end weekend league” button on the main menu.

red picks are Totw cards, so they will be chosen from whatever the TOTW cards are when you play.

What’s the difference between reds and normal TOTWs then?

do you have to play at least 20 games for a reward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Did the hero sbc and got di Natale running a full prem team so hard to fit him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ended up winning only one qualifying match. Lost two matches in a row due to a dodgy 90th minute goal, I quit one match in the first half because the guy was just passing around the back at 0-0.

I thought I was going to get my first gifted win when a guy wasn't playing from kick off but his ai blocked my shot and then he just kicked the ball out and quit without even scoring an own goal. After that my head just wasn't in it.

Not sure if I'll bother trying to get the points for another attempt. On the bright side Arnautovic seems pretty good, almost like an Ibrahimovic TOTS from previous years.

Other than the cosmetic look, nothing. Reds and IFs are functionally the same. But reds are only obtainable as a WL reward so spare badges of honour, so to speak.

you need 20 points minimum for a reward. But you get a point for a loss. So twenty losses means a reward.

but I generally found WL matches were easier than the qualifiers. So I’d be surprised if you qualified and couldn’t grind out a few wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Morientes from my hero upgrade… at least he fits into my Liverpool P&P. Only did it as I had an untradeable dupe Lloris that I needed to get rid of. Still have a bit of fodder left too… also, when opening preview packs, it’s worth checking the celebrations. I just had one with a shadow, CM/CDM modifier and an action run celebration (sells for 5k instantly). Total pack return was 15k.

I'm having a "I hate Youtubers" morning this morning.

Three games on the bounce and may as well have been playing the same lad three times, cause all three played the exact. same. game.

Every single one only had one intention; get to the by-line and run into my box for a short pass along the goal line for a tap in. If you defend it, you give away a corner. And they all used the exact same corner routine. Short pass, pass to a player at the edge of the box who does a looping cross to the far post. All of my players run out of the box, all theirs run in for an easy goal. Was utterly unable to defend it, even knowing it was coming every time.

None of them having any interest in playing any other way. I did beat one and drew another, because they became so predictable, you just had to manually block off passing routes along the wing. The loss came to a lad who scored five of the corners in the first half cause I just couldn't stop them, even knowing they were coming every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You can stop those corners by moving your keeper as soon as the corner is taken short, those idiots are so robotic in their gameplay that they won't even notice the wide open goal.

And once your keeper catches the cross, they're in serious bother down that flank along the fat post.

The cutback is massively OP this year, especially if they can do skill moves along the by-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I bought Arnautovic yesterday after seeing the comments here. He did okay for me in Rivals, scoring 11 in 8 games.

I also just splashed out on Van Dijk and Casemiro (rulebreakers version). I haven't had a chance to play a game with them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I raged so hard last night during qualifiers and spent all my coins on 88 Rio Ferdinand. Feel sick spending that much on a cb but I was raging hard with 2 games remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Are there 1 or 2 WLs left this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Was in 2 minds over the hero sbc as it would've rinsed my club of fodder and Cost about 60k on top for a likely Ricken or Campos. But thankfully the sbc/pack addiction kicked in and i did it. Out pops Ginola - chuffed. Had to do a bit of chopping and changing to fit him in but got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

This season ends tomorrow week. If so that may mean this weekend is the last but I'm not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Casemiro is good I have to say bought him last night

Current team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Let us know how he plays! I’ve enough to buy him + a decent squad around him, want to know how he is.

Think there might be 2 more since the WL starts on the Friday morning before the season ends at 6pm?

I have the RB Casemiro too as an untradeable but haven't found a way to get him into my team without hitting chem.

Dropping him in instead of Tonali for example brings my chem down to 94, not sure if there is a significant difference between 94 and 100 chem though? Basically trading a 84 card for a 90 card in exchange for 6 chem points.

Or I could go for this with 91 chem:

Yeah sure, i'll be hoping he gets me into Elite division later tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yeah whatever about having players on less than full chem you want the overall team on 100 imo.

Keep him as a sub or rebuild unfortunately, tonali is good anyway (assume rttk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It's as clear as mud. I just qualified for WL, but I think it may have been my last attempt as I've qualified every weekend so far but took 2 attempts in week 1?

So need to know if I use it this weekend will I miss out next weekend. If so I'll likely wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Base Icon SBC added to the code.

Between that and Flashback Mbappe, fodder should be through the roof soon.

Advertisement