Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake off 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bluebell woods

is It me or does Freya speak in a very affected accent/ gone/??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bluebell woods

Tone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Giuseppe's cake decoration inspired by his hair!

That's a young'un's drawwwwl that seems very fashionable these days (makes me sound about 100, I know) - drives me mad! There was a girl on Pointless recently with an even worse case of it.

Oooh, Giuseppe stole German week from under Jurgen's nose!

Poor Freya, she was crying before they ever announced her name.... she's just so young, and as much as I have to admire her vegan principles, I don't think that was ever going to win it for her. But fair dues to her.

Savoury show-stopper next week - now, that's my kinda baking.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think the right person went this week although I really thought it was between Freya and George even before Paul said they were bottom two. George needs to pull his socks up next week!

I can definitely see a Giuseppe, Jurgen final and maybe Crystelle too if they are doing three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Chiggs is very intense. Very intense

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

She's from Yorkshire, that's how a lot of people from there speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thought George was a very lucky boy this week... agree it was between himself & Freya but IMO he was the one that just about deserved to go. Not a huge miscarriage of justice though. Giuseppe easily star baker, Jurgen may have been 2nd but he wasn't within touching distance of top spot IMO and it was an easy decision for the judges on that score.

Some of those biscuits looked heavenly though....

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

George is consistently not very good, he’s motored through because others have mucked up but he’s generally one of the poorer bakers. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t go next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

I agree. I thought George could have gone most weeks since the first one. Just lucky enough that someone lese is just that little bit worse. But he always hags on. Maybe because he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Chigs has impressed me with his progress. Obviously Giuseppe and Juergen are the favourites, but I can see an upset coming as others improve and they seem to be just doing the same as ever. Won't be fair, but can see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I think George and Amanda are hanging in there. Chigs is a bit of a dark horse and Lizzie has improved a lot. You'd fully expect Jurgen and Giuseppe to get to the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I agree with who went, I think george manages to get through because his flavours are good. Same as lizzie really.

Amanda or george will probably be next to go unless someone really fcks up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd add Lizzie to that list too, she seems to do good flavours but the finish never seems to be great.

Christ, Prue would want to ease up a tad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I think c4 have forgotten they can edit bits out lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It was laugh out loud funny.

I love Juergen. He’s so awkward.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUlKxT2J9fW/?utm_medium=copy_link

Haha, I misheard Giuseppe as well!! 🤣

I do love the chaos and mishaps

OK, I'm only getting to the pointy end of this week's show now.....

Amanda surely cannot escape the exit door this time???

Delighted to see Crystelle get a handshake, that pie looked just divine!

And Guiseppe's pie was just sooooo cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

George got lucky again, What a nightmare the two of them had this week!

I agree I was sure that he was gone this week even though it was definitely between himself and Amanda. He'lll need to pull his socks up next week if he wants to stay now. Delighted that Lizzie did so well, she's always so self-deprecating but she must be good to have gotten this far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

I'd say a night out in Liverpool with Lizzie and Jurgen would be a night to remember. They both seem like great craic.

What is the theme for tonight, I can't remember!

Oh really, ok great thanks!

Surely it’s George’s turn later?

Who knows, he might be a secret caramel genius!

• Advertisement

Unless he has a fantastic night or someone else has a disastr, I do think it's George's turn to go tonight. I really like him and it'll be a shame to see him go but I think of those left he is one of the weaker ones.

Advertisement