Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I can safely conclude you're not a hitman either Rob. He would have left the scene of the crime and laid low I'd guess. No hurry coming home so Santander crossing a possibility also or via France. Probably not via the same airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Your still on my ignore list so i have not a clue what your saying nor to I actually care so no point in quoting me, expecting a response

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

He left Eamon til last. Probably wanted him to see who was the assassin was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

You’re not grasping that Amanda not being able to see that she was sending her husband into a possible firing squad by agreeing to a meeting organised by the Snitch Kem is not a plausible plot development. Amanda had no real concrete reason to think Kem would choose the kinsellas over the Cunninghams, yet she did it anyway. It just doesn’t scan.

we are going around in circles so unless there’s a new point we’ll leave it there.

She spared Kem's life. He owes her. She probably threatened her in his house and may have offered him cash. To Kem she's a greater immediate threat than Con. Every scenario there was fraught with danger and she had to trust her instincts. She had no one else to kill Con. Not Birdy, Frank, Eric, herself. Had to be Jimmy. A risk but a calculated one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You are looking way too much into it. It's just quick and easy writing. No planning at all to it.

Mikey doesn't know what way Eamon is going to enter a car park. There's often more than one entrance, and multiple levels. Someone like Eamon probably wouldn't even be walking through the carpark to get to the car that'll be transporting him. Forget about him even arriving to an airport where he doesn't have security/gang meeting him at arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sully123

I reckon Michael knew he was taking the hit for the family and that this would probably see him dead or back inside for good.

He realised he's better off out of Anna's life. It would give his brothers marriage a chance. He knows he has serious health issues.

Hardly adapting well to life since he got out

From the terminal of a resort airport to the car park there'll be once clear entrance. He'd have security but the suppliers would brush them aside as Eamon brushed Frank's security aside when he took him for a car ride in episode 2/3. Michael is an experienced hitman. He hit Eamon at the only point he was vulnerable between the safety points of Dublin and his destination property. A smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,452 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

how is Jimmy not more peed off that his wife was with his brother? - It was a long time ago. Maybe Jimmy and amanda got counselling?

- why has Birdie no role as such? - No role as of yet

- would a social worker, solicitor or pharmacist really curse at customers in real life? - Yep!?

- why so many shots of Aviva and convention centre? - no clue

- how is Jimmy able to smell burning flesh by ironing someone's face but not able to shoot someone without freaking out? - Dunno. Maybe killing someone on the month's mind of his kid dying the same way got to him?

- why have the Kinsellas no staff at all? - They did at the start, no? Kim and the other lad?

- what relevance was Frank being on Grindr/ being gay? - He was viewed as lesser by Bren- maybe by others too.

- what relevance was Michael shooting Anna's mother? - Season 2 problem IMHO

-what you said: what relevance was Eamons wife being sick, him attending an ayahuasca ceremony and having an approx 8 year old son- where did that kid come from? What was in the velvet box? - No idea about the retreat to be fair. The kid was who he was going to see in Spain. What was in the box? A birthday gift for the kid probably.

What was the significance of the woman in the pool? - Dunno

- how did Michael appear in Spain, get a gun, know where he was meant to go, shoot in a massively public area with no mask, able to travel freely etc etc - He's the magician, don't ya know?

- why was it not safe to go to Amsterdam or the pharmacy but OK to go to school, cafe? Dunno

- what made Frank overdose? He was a soft touch all along so why give a shite about that now? - As he was losing more and more power and control, he used more drugs.

- Jimmy and Amanda were all loved up at the start (sex scene), by thr end they were barely talking. Also someone else here referenced Jimmy telling her what her place was and suddenly he's OK with doing her bidding? Well, she was trusting Michael more and so he wanted to show her that he was still there for her?

- why would Eamon give anyone "chances " and not annihilate them all to get his 50m drugs back? Esp when he was being charged for the privilege by his Big Boss - He didn't know where the drugs were. The priority was getting them back. I do agree the story was rushed though

- why would Con not burn Anthony (why isn't he Anto?) anyway for what they did to his kid dousing him in petrol? - He needed to use him to threaten amanda to get the drugs back

- how was it thwt easy to steal the drugs and store them? What was the point in stealing them in the first place- they weren't selling them, they just used them as a "hostage " in the end. Pointless - They stole them to leverage a truce. They couldn't sell because their dealers were being shot or were too scared to sell for them

- why did Eric ask Nikki to get thr "witness" killed. Surely there was up to 40 people at the party who would be more than happy to testify against the "no staff" Kinsellas? Plus it was the 4 traffic cameras that got him.in the first place- they can't kill those. - No, but he is desperate. Bren won't protect him and he was cracking up in solitary. plus, we know he isn't the brightest

- what will they/ havr they been doing for money if they're not selling and not laundering? If neither Kinsellas nor Eamon have drugs to sell, wouldn't there be someone else willing to supply the customers in that vacuum? - their reserve of cash

- did they give Eamons "Jimmy piss money" back to him or was he cool with just gifting it as an oops for killing Jamie? Dunno

- why are Jimmy, Michael and Frank so close in age. If Bren had the 2 lads at 20 and they are 40 ish now (have to be as Jamie was 17) that would make Bren and Frank nearer 60 if not older - Frank is a cousin, not a brother. Plus, you can have an uncle the same age or younger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I enjoyed the final episode, it was an improvement on previous episodes. I know it's not the best thing ever made by any stretch but I enjoyed watching something with Irish actors set in Dublin. As others have said, you do have to suspend your sense of disbelief and just go with it sometimes, harder when it's your city and accent, you feel like you know them more.

I think series two will be interesting and I'll watch it. I'd imagine Bren might be out in series two and will be delighted with Amanda cos she took the hard line he would have taken himself and that he knew Frank never would have the bottle for. Birdie might appreciate her more too - even Birdie told Frank to stop being pathetic and that Eric was the obvious choice if someone had to go as a peace offering and when it comes out that it was all a story and that Eric wasn't in danger, Birdie might come around...unless Frank has died from the overdose/stress of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭J.P.1994

What's clear to me from following this thread over the last few months is that there are about fifty contributors on here and most don't like or rate the show. Some hate it vehemently, spend most of their time here picking holes in the story or complaining about the acting or whatever. It is almost as if take great offense that it was ever even made. That is all valid.

I decided to google to see what the wider world's response is, and I found...

Twitter is more of a mixed bag than here, some very negative, mostly Irish, but there are lots of Irish who like it too. The American response on twitter is almost universally positive.

The critics reviews in Ireland or mixed, some like it some don't. The American critics seem to be much more favourable disposed.

On google it has a 3.9 out of 5 score from 117 ratings.

On Amazon Prime (US) it has a 4.3 out of 5 score from 27 ratings.

On Imdb is has 7.7 out of 10 from over 2000 ratings - and 68% of people rating it, gave it either a "10" "9" or "8" score. All very high. In case your interested 3.5% gave it a 1/10 score.

None of this really proves anything, except maybe to show there are some people who really hate kin, including many here, and also lots and lots of people who seem to really like it....

Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭redn90

- why are Jimmy, Michael and Frank so close in age. If Bren had the 2 lads at 20 and they are 40 ish now (have to be as Jamie was 17) that would make Bren and Frank nearer 60 if not older - Frank is a cousin, not a brother. Plus, you can have an uncle the same age or younger

frank and bren are brothers.

You ever see those ads that say " 9 out of 10 dogs prefer pedigree chum"??? I have 2dogs & they hate / can't face the stuff!!!!!

GO FIGURE

Oh right, so this utter shyte was lauded by two people in Ireland, sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

It's okay. Show us on the RTE Guide where Kin touched you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Who did they follow? Bohs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Wait, I just realised something.

Why would Amanda go to Frank and tell him that Eamon needs Eric when she knew Michael was going to shoot Eamon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,452 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I did think it was a plot line for season 2, to set up some tension between Frank/Birdy and Amanda, but I think she did it just to make Frank understand what she went through.

It also ensured that it Kavanagh was speaking to Birdy or Frank, it would appear that Amanda was holding up her end of the bargain by sacrificing Eric and make sure his guard was kept down.

The two main critical publications in the country.

And an average of 623,000 viewers per week, increasing as the series went on. 223,000 more than the first season of Love/Hate.

Seems like an awful lot of people like it. Another reason to up the begrudgery levels?

How could she know whether the hit would succeed?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Was the red velvet box which Eamon was bringing to Spain for his sons birthday, the same one that his ex wife gave him when they met for dinner in ep 3? She says "This is for Luke's birthday" and won't tell him whats inside.

So............what's in the box?

There's much speculation that Kin is loosely based on the infamous Dublin feud, so it's amusing to see that the part of a Garda Officer is played by an actor named.............wait for it.................Anthony Kinahan.

It’s not difficult to work out where they’re touching you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hardly any point watching the Godfather part 2 now, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Micheal is an experienced hitman? Really? He killed his Mrs. years ago. Then he killed a guy in a pub, and let another target get away. He's not really that experienced or competent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement