Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finally have something to weed out those Spam calls and texts I keep getting 😁

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Had a quick browse through the thread, but didn't see anything..

But any indication from anywhere or from previous launches of when we would expect the 6P to be back in stock?

I'm on the waiting list, but at this rate.. should I just wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was using gestures from the start, on the early betas, but I just went off them for some reason and went back to buttons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Griffinx

I ordered Pixel 6 on 23/10 and got a notification that it had shipped. Then DHL tracking threw an exception and I got an email from Google saying there was a delay and I would get a new delivery date. Anyone know how long I'll be waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

I suggest you would be better off asking DHL rather than a forum - 0818 725 725 or <ie.customercare@dhl.com>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

It is working OK today. I moved it around a bit on the mat and it started to charge. Google case on.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Has anyone had any problems with camera related lag in apps?

In some apps, most noticeably WhatsApp, when you try and use the camera there is a lag of a few seconds where the phone camera function comes and just freezes before you can press the button to take the shot Then once the photo is taken it freezes again for few seconds before you press the send button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Kinda related question from me here. If you take a pic in WhatsApp using the camera via WhatsApp is it the same quality as a picture taken with the main camera app and then attach that pic to a WhatsApp message? Always something I wondered and because of this I always take with the main camera then attached to the message in WhatsApp.

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

It never was in the past, but I think now with the Tensor chip, pictures taken in 3rd party apps are supposed to be the same quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

With reference to your WhatsApp issue

I think someone had said they uninstalled and reinstalled it and it helped with battery drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Did it take long to come? Thinking of cancelling my Google case at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

Came in 2 working days. It really does feel premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Any luck with the claim? Still waiting for mine, got the email for claim received on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Mine is still "claim received" too. Driving me up the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've had my 6 for a few days now, test drove it but haven't made the switch over from my OnePlus 7T for a few reasons:

• The fingerprint reader is absolute muck by comparison
    • I can't seem to set up a dedicated "Work" profile for email, work whatsapp, calendar etc.

Anyone know if the former will be improved and the latter is possible?

Considering selling / returning at the moment as it really doesn't feel like much of a jump from the 7T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Hey folks, I'm selling a brand new otterbox case for the pixel 6 pro if anyone is interested. https://www.adverts.ie/other-mobile-phones-accessories/otterbox-pixel-6-pro-case/25269728 Only reason I'm selling is my Google case came 2 hours later, this was always meant to be a stop gap case but I literally took it out of the box and the doorbell rang with the delivery of the Google case!

I am coming from a OnePlus 8 Pro and at the moment the jury is still very much remaining out for me.

I find Oxygen OS, even with it's more recent changes for the worse, far more intuitive and rich in features than the Google implementation of Android. There are just so many small things that are simply not as intuitive here as well as a lack of customisation features that can be found on OnePlus.

People said that Google's own Android phones with get a better experience, but I'm seeing the reverse with many useful quick options missing and having to go the long way around for them.. The Google Features and exclusive features are nice, but usability on this version of Android and intuitiveness are not the same as Oxygen OS>

That is always how it has been. Any OEM that skins Android will add their own features.

The biggest problem is that you get used to certain options that another manufacturer might have, and you get attached to them, and it's very hard to get used to being without them. I was the same after years of running heavily modded HTC ROM's with hundreds of features. In the end, you get used to it.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't imagine email and calendar would be an issue to set up. I deliberately removed all my work stuff from my phone 😁

Regarding Whatsapp, Samsung and OnePlus let you have more than one account on your phone, but it wouldn't be a default Android thing. I've read that you can download Whatsapp Business, and use that for your second account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 txema

Mine is still "received" as well but just got a text and an email saying they need additional information... but I'm not able to add that additional information in the claim, aaaargh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi.

anyone with SMS problems. Did not receive an sms from Revolut, but in test received OK from another mobile. Now Google verification code not getting through. Am with 3 ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

See that's the thing, with the "Work Profile" button on my OnePlus, I can switch them all off in a single button press and turn them on again with a a button press & fingerprint + password. I still want to / need to have access to my work stuff but also the ability to switch it all off as and when I need to.

Without it, it's a case of ignoring emails / calendar invites / work whatsapps etc. willingly.

With work profile, I can be (literally) blissfully unaware

If there isn't a way to do this on the Pixel, I can't see myself using it as a daily.

Coming from OnePlus, that's many of the problems I face, some basic things that could be done very quickly on there now take far longer to accomplish on the Pixel 6 Pro, if the feature exists at all.

The pure Android user experience that people cry out about being great is really nothing to write home about. It's pretty poor to say the least in the usability stakes and customisation is almost non existent.

Google really needs to take a look at what other manufacturers are doing on Android in terms of making live easier for their users. I agree that a lot of the manufacturers take it too far, but there are a lot of basic and useful small features that Google's version is lacking that they could implement without changing and losing the look and feel of the stock experience.

At the moment mine is really 50/50 about if I will keep it. Does anyone know what the returns policy is for orders from the Google Store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I find the swipe up gesture fine for the recent apps. You can set up a double tap to the rear glass either for this, it's in settings somewhere.

For people asking about double tap to sleep, you can set this up in Nova Launcher or whatever gesture you prefer, plenty of options.

Question: has anyone noticed the new speech to text not really working any better than usual?

Do you have to set up personalized voice recognition to enable it or use a certain language region?

It is an Android feature, if set up with your work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/n1t65x/how_do_you_setup_work_profiles_on_pixel_now/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I don't know if that's how you were doing it previously.

I had to switch my language to English US to get all the punctuation working in speech-to-text. It gave me a different microphone icon in Gboard, and the 'Assistant Voice Typing' option was no longer greyed out in Gboard voice typing settings.

On the flip side, I now have all my Google Home devices talking to me in an American accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For more customisation download a different launcher like Nova, gives a lot more options. I've used Nova for years but sticking with the launcher for now.

I find the speech to text works almost flawlessly. Best I've ever seen.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement