Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tesla's been at insane valuations forever, so wouldn't worry about that, that's the Berkshire thing youre talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Atlassian (TEAM) is the gift that keeps giving, up another 5% AH to $440. Up 120% on that now, first got in at $80 over 3 years ago

EDIT: Only the 15% jump at open!

Post edited by retalivity on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

BRK.A has done a weird thing a couple of times this week after hours. The stock has gone up 20/30% and apparantly the last time this happened was just before the 08 crash.

I'm still investing as normal, just wondering if we're coming to the end. Good times have to end sometime you'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm going to be abit more optimistic about Tesla lol. Yep absolutely everything about the current valuation is bonkers, but lets not forget that there never has been as much money floating around the world, and the Musk factor, he's clearly seen as a modern day Einstein Newton or Galileo with his plans to get humans to mars, and people want to be part of that, so are investing in Tesla shares. I've bought and sold Tesla shares along the way (and yep easy to say on hindsight I should of just hodled whole way, but the last 10 I bought I do actually plan on holding onto, because the talk now is that current Tesla share holders will get a chance at early shares for any starlink IPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Bought some Intel earlier for a long term hold. Great start so far. (Cue sudden and deep reversal).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Matterport up nearly 20% today, been looking at them a while. They launched on Android yesterday which seems to be the reason for the jump. There's a few Irish estate agents using the system, mainly for commerical listings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I placed a buy order last night ,having seen a tip for them on Motley Fool @ 19.06 (the then price) Unfortunately that train left without me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,859 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ya same here. Intel is the only stock I'm down on. It's mixed feelings, as I'm kinda hoping that it will fall further, so I can buy more.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I sold out the CHWY position yesterday at +20%. There is plenty of upside left in it IMO but, I rolled that cash over into a non equity play that has a short term upside for me

I think CHWY is at current prices a good long term hold and will develop into a strong value play in the long term. I plan on dipping back around the Dec earnings announcement.

Trying to decide between reopening an account with Saxo, or going with IBKR for gaining access to India. Anyone invested in Indian companies, particularly heavy industry, defence and tech with either platform? Opinions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Had 25 of Cloudflare @70, sold half @120 and @135, thought they were too stretched....Jaysus they're touching 190 now and will probably cross 200 before the results :(

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Ocugen has been spiking up nicely from 8:dollars last week, let’s hope Modi (Indian PM) hint at the weekend to WHO finally gets the approval over the line , if so, huge price increase on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

TSLA just added a 100bn in market cap today. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭jams100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭VW 1

Is the Chewy link to GME/Ryan Cohen coincidental or on purpose?

Another company related to GME was on a run today, Loopring. Company have announced they are building a marketplace on ethereum in partnership with a larger existing company. The tech and coding they have written is using rollups to eliminate gas fees when buying and selling NFTs. The gas fees are often higher than the value of the NFT so this would be a big plus point for the general use cases of ethereum.

The GameStop adoption of this tech would bring 10 million existing members as users to ethereum, and 10 million users to loopring. Loopring have been steadily increasing social media presence through their developers on social media etc the past month.

Matt Finest one, the ex head of business from loopring, resigned in April to join GameStop as head of Blockchain.

Still potentially a lot of room to run on this one

The higher stock prices go, the greater they will fall. Hard to see value anywhere in the stock market at the moment. Tesla now trading at about 400 times earnings. That's just insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I usually avoid the meme stocks/crypto as I have no interest in following prices constantly, so I wrote off Loopring when I heard it mentioned in relation to GME. I've since read into it further and their tech actually seems great and has lots of potential. Gas fees are a big problem for eth based NFTs so Loopring could do well as a solution to this. I bought in a few days ago at 55c, it's sitting around 95c atm, still well below it's ath of ~$2.40. Happy to hold it medium term to see how it does.

And yes, I know Loopring is crypto and this is the share picks thread but it was mentioned above.

Also, Trident Acquisitions (TDAC) has finally completed it's move to Lottery.com (LTRY), where customers can remotely, and legally, access lottery games through their online and mobile platforms. This is a potentially huge market in the USA, as well as internationally. Over 80 billion spent on lottery in the US in 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The CHWY link with Cohen is purely coincidental for me. It's a stock I've traded in and out of a few times over the last few years. This last trade was of the back of a price at $62.50 that I'd expected to rise to $75 pre December earnings. It hit that rise 5weeks early and I had other plays that the capital and profit could be rolled into.

Now I am in on GME since Late Jan and have BEP of $122 but that's very much due to DFV, the various DD and research via all the many sub reddits rather than being an RC fan boy.

I do think his work with CHWY and their growth to control a significant market sector whilst offering incredible customer experience is something that if rolled over to GME? Could be a basis for value growth.

Also have been in and out of LRC for quite a while, even before any GME link was rumoured. My take on the potential? Is that if it can eliminate gas fees? It allows a means of assigning and very importantly IMO transferring ownership of digital assets. With regards to gaming, could this be the layer that moves gamers from licensees, to owners of their digital games? Allowing digital only games to be sold P2P and allowing a cut to go back to the publishers on a per transaction basis too. It could offer a grail of 2nd hand digital gaming amongst a host of other gamer friendly uses such as Dynamic NFT and ticketing.

It could well be vapour ware, there may be no link between LRC and GME. I am trading long enough to know that rumour is often better for price action than news 😉 I have as of @11.20 today, sold all my LRC. Still holding all my GME and will for a while yet.

My next stock/equity play will be into Indian defence stocks and I have a cheeky $190 buy for Boeing. Have ongoing and longheld concerns on their Defence contracts and penalty clauses and the latest batch of quality and defects on their stored airframes points to more cash being burned in rectifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

It looks like something is about to happen in China. When the government advises citizens to stockpile basics, something is up -

Chinese families have been encouraged to stockpile daily necessities, prompting panic-buying, amid surging vegetable prices linked to recent extreme weather, fears of supply shortages and an ongoing Covid outbreak.

A notice posted on the website of the Ministry of Commerce late on Monday urged local authorities to stabilise prices and families “to store a certain amount of daily necessities as needed to meet daily life and emergencies”.

I wonder what it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

It says what it is in the article, a Covid outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cowboy12

Will Ocugen gain WHO approval tomorrow or is now a good time to exit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Bidstack - I think it was mentioned here before (search doesn't seem to be working). Anyway, worth a mention as it's up 40% of its recent lows now 2.3p. Its in the in game advertising space. Had a big run last year followed by a huge drop with retail investor getting burned as usual. Hated stock and from looking at the games they serve ads in they look terrible simple banner type ads. Also the financials and management are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Anyone know why there's been a drop in Visa and Mastercard lately? I must have missed something in the news.

Speaking of value stocks, what are the best picks these days for those who are a bit more risk averse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

If you are risk averse, I'd avoid picking individual stocks and stick with ETFs/ITs/other diversified funds.

Otherwise, someone like MSFT/AAPL etc would probably be less risky than most over the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Only a bit risk averse, not totally! I have a mix of growth and value stocks in my portfolio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gonna sell half my BABA holdings today, as I think someone said here before, feel there's more bad news going to come out of china in the next week or 2. I've made money out of BABA already so not really losing anything, but think I may be able to buy back in at a lower price in a few weeks.

All stocks purchases should be on value and value only. Buying because a share price goes up or down is plain crazy. You have to figure out the intrinsic value of a stock first and then look at the trading price. That's the theory anyway, from those successful at this game. Buffet says that he always asks himself, will that company be there in 10 or 20 years time.

"Buffet says that he always asks himself, will that company be there in 10 or 20 years time."

Pretty sure 20 years time isn't going to be a worry for WB. But, it's a sound principle once you've made your money and want to keep it. I'm pretty sure warren took risks early in his investing career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Currently.

4D pharma down 51%

ATVI down 26%

AYX down 31%

AMD up 40%

BE up 17%

CIEN up 16%

PSTH down 26%

SQ up 13.5%

CHGG down 62%

EDSA up 105%

IAG up 11%

So if you'd have invested in all equally at the start of the year you'd have made 1%. Which is more than I made as I'm buying a house so had to sell all my shares.

Advertisement