Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers for the link but no, it's not. That looks to be specifically for Gmail users. Mine is Outlook

With OnePlus, there's a toggle in the notification drawer for Work Mode. When activated, it enables a whole slew of apps and accounts specifically for work along with the associated notifications, reminders etc. Never even considered that it wouldn't be on this phone. I think my company requires it to be a an Android Enterprise enabled device for work email to be on there so will try that and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Ordered an Eir pay as you go Sim today since they announced enabling 5G on all plans going forward. 5 euro more than my current GoMo but I'd like to make use of my Pixel 6 Pros capability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

im torn on 5g... it will probably kill battery life.. does anyone know if 5g is on 48 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Yes found that out the hard way no 5G on Eir using a Pixel

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Re: Work Profile - All sorted once I installed Intelligent Hub (I think it's a VMware app?), this enabled the work profile toggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

You can setup another account, work profile or guest account by selecting the highlighted icon from the pull down menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭KildareP

No 5G on 48 full stop, nor do they have WiFi Calling or VoLTE.

With Eir, you will not get 5G, WiFi Calling or VoLTE on any Pixel device.

Only Vodafone and Three support 5G (and in the case of Vodafone, WiFi Calling and VoLTE) on the Google Pixels.

Yep, I'm moving over to Vodafone for the WiFi calling.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Okay, so the case arrived from Google today, 5 days after the phone. I can finally take it outside 😁

Also, I've turned on gesture navigation, as there's no solution to having the back button on the left. It's not so bad on this phone, I just might get used to it 👍

• Advertisement

Finally got approved for the headers, Happy day's

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

On my pixel 2 or 4 I couldn't do gesture navigation, when I got my P5 I decided to suck it up and get used to it, I could never go back...

Picking up any other phone's and I am literally unable to use it the old way now, it's mad how you get used to it and now no going back... 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

When did you order the phone originally? My headphones haven't been approved yet so wondering if it's date related.

Think it was the 19th. Took 2 and a half days for the headphones to be approved!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thanks. I ordered on the 21st so might have to wait a little longer so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Any GoMo users with a Pixel 6\6 Pro getting 5G?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Pity! As I am getting 5G here and there on my Poco F3 5G I had assumed I would get it for sure on the Pixel 6 Pro.....when I eventually get it that is!

M

Vodafone is your best bet, I'm moving over for the WiFi calling, extra 5er a month but Worth it for me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Just wondering MT, what's the draw of WiFi calling for you?

• Advertisement

Brutal reception in the house and working from home I'm there all day, miss calls or have to go out the back to make a call, WiFi calling Just solves that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Griffinx

Thanks for the suggestion, DHL told me that the shipment packaging had been damaged and they had to hold back to re package at their warehouse...sounds a bit fishy to me.

Ah yeah, that's a valid use case alright.

Don't think I'd have any need for it, with excellent reception at home and work!

I've been trying out the astrophotography mode on the camera. The pictures seem very "noisy" not sure if that's due to light pollution close to my house. Has anybody else tried out this mode and what were your impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Has anyone here ever returned a phone to the Google store for a refund after it was used?

I have an issue with my Pixel 6 which I posted about earlier where the phone doesn't lay flat on a flat surface and actually wobbles. Google support has been absolutely horrific and I've just received an email stating my request for a replacement unit has been rejected, asking me to send the phone for repair. As per my order page on the Google store I can return the phone up until 15/11 for a refund so I think I'm just going to do this. Wondering are they expecting sealed boxes on return or is it ok that's it's been opened and used?

I really do not want to spend another hour on the phone with someone who can't understand me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

So Hermes (I'm in the UK) who Bellroy are using, appear to have lost my Pixel 6 Pro case.

Bit surprised that a premium case maker is u sing such a crap courier to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

I've returned several Pixels over the years to Google within the 14 day return period. It's a bit of a pain but they do accept previously opened boxes etc. The pain part is having to organize a courier to return it. I've used DHL in the past. I think you have to. They go back to Poland if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

havent done an rma.. your reason to return sounds a little unreasonable though - i don't think google actually specify it shouldnt wobble when on a flat surface? i would have thought you can return for a refund within 14 days and just buy another unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Submitted my request for the headphones this morning, approved within 5 minutes. Hopefully they don't take the full 60 days to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

My time with the phone so far:

Have a Oneplus 7Pro. Wouldn't have moved only battery is beginning to die. Phone looks brand new.

I was surprised that the Pixel is that much heavier (I know you can read the specs but it's another thing to feel the difference).

Haven't found a way yet to change the layout grid to 5 columns from four (I prefer smaller/more icons). Is there a way without changing launcher? (I may end up having to change launcher anyway as I wil be using this also as work hone and work stipulates/enforces microsoft launcher)

Have been trying to transfer Whatsapp backup but it is hanging at start of "Restoring Media" any amount of cache clearing etc is not helping. This is more of a Whatsapp issue than phone issue

Bit disappointed that one of the SIM slots is esim (In fairness, they were quite up-front about that but I missed that. My issue). Means I have to move personal SIM to Vodafone if I want to use as dual-sim. Oh well.

I am looking forward to checking out the camera technology given the opportunity. Being a man in my late 40s (Almost 50) I doubt I will be using the selfie camera much :) but am interested to check the night and long exposure functions of the camera.

I ordered the Pixel on launch day and got it on 25th I believe. Ordered the headphones today and got my approval text immediately. Happy with that.

Don't believe the call quality is as good as my OnePlus (Via Jabra 75 work headset) but still perfectly serviceable.

The fingerprint reader is not as forgiving as the OnePlus but that may be simply a matter of getting used to it.

So, overall, am I happy I bought the phone? Yeah, reasonably. Getting used to it. I do miss the beautiful full screen of the Oneplus 7Pro but hey. Would I have bought it without the headphones offer/my existing phone dying? No. Is it worth the money? Yeah and CERTAINLY with the headphones

Update: Have setup the personal number on Vodaphone esim and work SIM. All working well. One handy thing, because the phone is basically stock Android, I had no niggly incompatibilities with work applications/requirements.

Advertisement