Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I've started playing the qualifiers at the weekend as most of the tougher opponents should still be playing their finals games.

Qualifier results during midweek for me

0-9 first week was awful

5-4

5-4

Qualifiers results on a Sunday last 2 weeks

9-0

5-1 (gave away the rest)

Worth a try at least

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMO qualifiers is down to pure luck. I did mine on a Monday and Tuesday this week when in previous weeks I've done them at the end of the week or event the weekend. This week I qualified for the first time.

It's just totally down to how fortunate you are with matchmaking, and also if you are lucky enough to get a few gifted wins.

That Ginola card is a bit ridiculous tbh. Feels like a level above any other card I've used. Dribbling for a large body type is really smooth, I just use a bit of rb dribbling and a couple of basic skill moves but even if you misjudge the timing he still seems to come through with the ball. Shooting is OP as you might expect. I was trying shots from distances/angles I would never try and they all looked likely to go in or make the keeper work.

I'm playing Div 1 Rank 1 right now so I didn't have the ball as often as I would like but yeah the card is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hit Division 2 Rank 1 but I've definitely reached that sticking point of no progression now.

It took me ages to even get the 7 wins and I went on a 12-15 game winless streak.

I have given Arnautovic a good try but as soon as I went back to gold Lautaro I started winning games again. Ultimately, the fact he won't make forward runs consistently due to the medium attacking workrate is what kills him for me.

My IF investments are starting to rise nicely now so I might cash out over the next week or so and add Hero Di Natale and Hero Cordoba to my team with the profits as I feel the only thing that might push me on into the next division is a significant improvement to my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Good to hear. Going to pick him up for the weekend I’d say and hope there’s a decent TOTW. If not, I’ll grind through rivals with him. Have 3.6m atm and will probably be 4m by the weekend, so I can build a nice team around him.

• Advertisement

TOTW rubbish again as lets face it, none of us are getting Vinicius or Marquinhos.

A few weeks in and already 99% of those cards aren't getting into the vast majority of people's teams.

Literally nobody I want here. 3 cards rated over 84.

Just had someone pull the plug in Rivals in the 92nd min when I had a penalty at 2-2.

Complete low life, cant stand people like that. The absolute bottom of the barrel in life.

What annoyed me most was the button delay. I cut down the line and squaree it to Salah, he turned the opposite direction to what I wanted and instead of getting a shot I never got fully turned before the goalie took his legs out.

I pressed left and he turned right. I might have scored the shot and avoided the disconnect but it's a joke they cant check if someones just had a red or conceded a penalty before discounting the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got Di Natale from the Hero Upgrade (sorry Brentmused). Big win.

Strong links to De Ligt and Cuadrado if I start him CDM.

Marquinhos or Vinicius would be quality but there's not a chance any of us are getting either.

With the quality of team people have now, WL is becoming redundant very quickly due to the relatively poor quality of the TOTW's in comparison.

FFS! 😝

He'll be mine soon, don't worry! 😅

I'm actually getting tempted to just sell my IF's and bring him in straight away as I'd get enough from doing same now even at their current prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Looking forward to trying him out later. Cordoba looks an animal too if you're getting him.

Let me know what you think of him.

Yeah, Cordoba gives me serious PIM Cannavaro vibes from last year, who was the best defender I've ever used in FIFA.

He seems very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Thats scummy. They should make it that if someone quits the other player gets an automatic 3-0 win. I think it might have been like that in the past.

As far as I know its never gave someone the win when the game was level. The guy disconnecting will have a loss but you dont get a win.

I've played plenty of losers who pulled the plug when level after conceding a penalty or getting a red card but this is the first time somebody did it at the last kick of the game.

It takes a special kind of person to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing a friendly last night in the Silver Stars mode. I was through on goal and went around the keeper. As the ball was about to roll over the line my opponent quit out.

Could barely sleep last night with the excitement of all the fodder I'm about to get in my rivals packs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Didn't play last years edition bar the first couple of weeks cause it was so bad but I think this years is a big improvement.

Up to elite division now but my front line of Kane and base Werner are limited now.

Can I just ask, is the gameplay in drafts completely different to that of rivals/WL or is it just me? It's like a different game for me. I struggle to beat players who I know I would have no issue with in the other modes. Is it a server thing or am I just imagining it?

Tielemans the best pull from D2 R1 rewards! 🙈😅

Thankfully I always go for option 2 so at least get a few coins (few being the operative word).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Went 5-1 in champs, then when I went in to give a win I met a bronze team who gave me the win. Then I said, 2 games, if I win I get much better rewards, lets go for it. Was 3-0 up in the next and nervously held onto a 3-2 win, then I was 4-0 down in the last game, changed formation and won 7-4.

Duplicate RB Arnautovic was my rivals reward.

And of course he's worth about 10k less now than when I bought him. Is there any reason to hold this card for a while, or should I offload asap?

• Advertisement

He'll be out of packs tomorrow evening, so most cards do rise out of packs.

I don't think you'll get near to what you paid for him (I'm in the same boat), but he might hit the 30k mark.

I went with option 3, the 2nd pack was pure crap.

The rewards have been consistently disappointing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Red pick - Gulacsi

Jumbo rare players pack - best rating was 84...shocking. And had 15 duplicates so I'm stuck with limitless 80-82 rated players and very few above 84 for fodder

Seem more likely to get a walkout from a 2 player pack than 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Got Rulebreaker Rudiger in my Rivals Div 2 rewards pack.

Should I use him for a while and sell him when he’s not in packs anymore or just sell now? Looks to be going for around 280,000 or so

Keep any card like that until they are out of packs.

Rudiger is very useable so will definitely rise when he goes out of packs.

Rewards day is always the worst day to sell any cards as everyone is listing and undercutting each other.

On the opposite side, it's a great time to buy players you have your eye on because of the above.

My god - In 2nd pack then (Electrum one) I got TAA Rulebreaker haha

Between that and your TAA you should end up with about 550k-600k total over the next few days!

Unreal ha. Don’t pay for FIFA points so was saving up coins for Robbie Keane. Exciting stuff!

• Advertisement

100% agree with this - I am in elite also and holding my own there yet in drafts - i lose the first match far too often. I've only won all 4 matches twice in about 30 attempts. I know your team in Rivals is a team you are used to using and with drafts its all random but it's random for the other guy too.

Advertisement