Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I never liked the limbo. Maybe because I'm 6'5". First one out, again... 🙄😉

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just saw someone refer to doing something "quarter monthly". So weekly, then, yeah?

Honest to god,why do Americans feel the need to absolutely butcher the English language so much???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Just hold them to doing whatever it is every 7.60416… days, exactly. 😉

Wouldn't want to confuse things too much by insisting on it being every 7 days in February (except in a leap year when it would be every 7.25 days), every 7.5 days in April, June September and November and every 7.75 days in the other months. 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Boris playing up his environmental credentials.

Fuck off Boris. We know you don't give a shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I had lunch with my folks at theirs and my Dad informs me that he invited this afternoon a guy from the charity he works with over to sign a document they need for banking...all because the eejit posted it to my Dad yet didn’t sign it himself...

about 5 minutes later at 1.30 you know.. LUNCH TIME the doorbell rings.. it’s this eejit for the form... no mask too...

my Dad offers to give him a mask, but he declines, “ sure I’ll only be a minute “... because my dad is too nice the mask-less muppet and my dad are about 20 minutes later jawing at the door with the auld muppet standing about 3 feet away....

in what fûcking world would you turn up to somebody else’s house, lunchtime during a pandemic, mask-less, to fix YOUR fückup and without considering the health status of anyone else inside... ? my Dad in his ‘80’s has a heart issue for starters..people are such dickheads sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Insurance companies price gouging. Some are just taking the p*ss especially if you have been with them for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's the striped suit that does it for me, takes pounds off:)

Not so trivial annoyance: I had a work call today that turned into a 3 hour meeting with no break. I have loads of work to do and I couldn't get back to it afterwards, my brain was so fried. Going to log on again tonight to try and get a head start on tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Drivers that brake when another car passes by them

TA at that Oriental kid on the 'climate change' propaganda ad - "I'm only 6! You figure it out."

Surely, if he has that much self awareness at six; to realise that he is incapable of knowing sfa about the issue at hand; then one might also think that he would also be aware of the if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem maxim; and kept his six year old mouth shut.. 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Went to a friends house for the first time since early 2020 on Saturday. Woke up this morning with a sore throat. FFS people. There's a lot to be said for lockdowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Queued in Burgerking for a cappuccino the other day only to be told they've only got Americano. Ok, not ideal but I'll take it. Got it served and asked for milk and sugar and was told they've no sugar, wtf!. If he'd said that at the start I'd have passed as I find coffee is too bitter without sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Not appreciating two working nostrils :(

Rotten sinus infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It's 6 .30 and I've spent the last 30 mins watching a 20yo episode of Friends.

Drivers who brake before they indicate.

Also, anyone who has their Christmas decorations up already. Get in the fcuking sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bank ads - these days they seem to involve everything except banking. When was the last time you saw someone filling out one fecking form in a bank advert?

When do we ever see bank officials working? Is it because the customers do most of their own work for them and are charged for the privilege? Instead we see all abstract stuff -the Bank official smiling or hopping and skipping down the road. etc.

We are to believe banks ‘care’. Jayus children’s television programmes are not nearly as OTT happy as bank adverts are.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

You either just watched or need to watch The Sean Burke Show's recent parody of these on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Meetings - Why take 5 minutes to say something when you can say it in 45 minutes instead?

If i hear another manager blather on about how wonderful it is to be back in the office coz it's so great for social interactions I'm gonna lose the plot. Don't force me to go into the office coz you can't bear your own company in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

drivers who indicate after they have already started to turn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My local gym opens at 06:30am. There are people there now, much more than there used to be. Who gets up on a frosty, dark morning to use the gym. What is wrong with these people. This is clearly my time.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Moral panics. The latest one is the giving out of cannabis gummies to trick or treaters.

Those things are bloody expensive, who's ever going to give those away for free to other peoples' little beggars?

They won't eat apples with razor blades put into them these days...

• Advertisement

Using a gym at 6.30 am ? That sounds like torture...

Ill be leaving in about 30 mins to go to mine, I found out by accident that it’s the best time.... last couple of times there’s been about 4 of us there... in total across all sections ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Crappy road signs.

Those signs with a bicycle and "<>1m" seem to be creeping in everywhere, except it's not always even 1m. Now don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of the message of the sign, but I saw one of these on a narrow country road with 2 metres on it. The whole width of the road was probably only 3! How tf am I supposed to give a cyclist two metres space on a road like that? The road I saw it on is supposed to have a cycle path on it in the future, but I can't see where there's going to be space for it.

I'm also sick to my back teeth of those speed measuring signs every f@#king town seems to have these days. On some your speed is displayed in green if you're under the limit, and sometimes you get a green smiley face or a "Thank you". But they're so inconsistent - I passed one in Limerick that was outside the speed restriction that flashed my speed (which was bang on the limit) in red repeatedly before giving me a red frowny face! First of all, I wasn't in the 60k zone yet, and I was doing exactly 60k and it's still not good enough? Makes me not want to f@#king bother!

In another county I saw a sign asking drivers to drive carefully and proclaiming there was ten road deaths in the county last year. Ten! How many of those were a heart attack/stroke at the wheel, and how many were down to drink/drugs? How many weren't even in a car? Were pedestrians/cyclists? If anything that sign makes me think I should drive faster!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just don't think I can deal with seeing grown men sit on the equipment with their stupid f*cking phones. If hauling myself out of bed helps avoid that, so be it. I absolutely hate having to wait for equipment if it's being used, never mind some c*nt checking his instash*t feed. Most of the people in the weights area are men IME.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The sound of a child crying.... More than trivial, it triggers me into an immediate anger... Genuinely the worst sound in the world.

1) Gym was hot.. so I went through my drink in double quick time... parched and some..into a shop nearby after with only self service tills available... scan drinks, put tenner into machine which is rejected 3 times.. then I notice a big inch long tear in the middle of the note that's why the machine says no... I don’t like bringing my wallet to the gym and of the about 12 notes in my wallet at home I took the ONE with the massive hole... no staff free weirdly so I’m 20 minutes getting home with a mouth like Moses’s flipflop.

2) I have a nagging feeling I’ve somewhere I need to be tomorrow when a reminder pops up on the phone...

Dr M ... blood test, 11.30....ughhhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I have misplaced my prescription.

Got ti throught the post from the dr in the Mater.

And now i cant bloody find it.

I dont know whether the chemist gave it back to me or not the lasttim i got it.

Rang the Mater about it and just waiting to hear back.

TA with the thanks function on Boards ... Must be a secret who thanked an OP, as can rarely - if ever - see who thanked the Opening Post of a thread... Also, of the 'thanked' posts; if there are a few thanks, only a few of those are usually visible.. which makes it difficult to thank a post, if a poster is unsure as to whether they have already thanked a post.. Can usually find out by clicking, and if the thanks go up, then good, if they go down, then just 'rethank'... But, the strangest one of all is when I 'thank' a post (not my own 😅), and the number of thanks remain unchanged - how that is possible; I don't know..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This a million times . Plus on the phone you cannot see at all who thanked your posts or anyone elses . So annoying

• Advertisement

I'm on a laptop, so can't speak to posting etc on a phone... I only use the phone for browsing, and don't post on it... Used to be way better when browsing on the ole 'dog and bone' (when not 'logged in') , as could see how many thanks, and who thanked a post etc... On the flip side, I suppose (insofar as 'browsing while not being logged in' is concerned) , I suppose it's a good idea that non-users and the like can't see what the 'sp' , so to speak, is like, as regards 'thanks info' and the like...

I 'thanked' your post above btw 😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement