Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thanks - that does get hopes up at least!

Was just simple renewal, yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Del007

Deleted

This woman helped me out a lot, I would def recommend sending her an email

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Reckon she'd be able to help with a regularly drop in progress for a new passport for a child? Seen our daughters passport application status go all the way to processes and then drop back more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

We're due to travel in January with our 8 month old and have recently applied for a passport. Took a while for documents to start processing but have now started processing and estimated issue date is January 6th... We're due to travel on the 4th 😰anyone have any tips or what the current wait times are for first time baby applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

I'm Dublin based and my daughter's first passport was due to be issued on 26th October and still haven't got it despite pestering them every day for 3 weeks and we had confirmed flights for 28th October to a family wedding. Relatives in Cork got their newborn passport issued in just around the 8 week mark so maybe location matters. I would defer your travel date by 2/3 weeks if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Did anyone here submit their own passport with an application for their kids first time passport? If so, then how long did it take for your passport to be returned after you received your kids one? They estimate 2 weeks but I'd like a real timeline! Don't get me started on why they aren't returned at the same time.

The whole process is a shambles, a friend of mine had their's back in 5 weeks.

Deleted

That's the secretary who's in charge of the passport office. I suggest contacting her about it

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

We received our kids passport last week. We needed the supporting documents for next week so I got on to them on chat on Tuesday and they said it can take 20 working days to get them back. They put a note on the account I needed them back and they arrived the next morning. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or if getting on to chat helped but worth a shot if you’re waiting on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aaron31

My passport was due yesterday I phoned them and told me the date of birth is mixed up they told me the date of birth on application is 1940 and mine is 1990 can anyone tell me will I need to fill out another application form because the guy on the phone didn't even know ,he said they will contact you , I sent in my birth certificate and other supporting documents for first time passport application

That's an awful shame you didn't get your daughters passport on time. Was there a reason for the delay? Have you got the passport now and how long was the total wait time.

We're looking into delaying our trip 😭 thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 yerca22

I applied for child's first passport in Dublin on 20/07/21, estimated issue date was 29/09. As of today 03/11 still application showed as "in progress". They haven't contacted me about missing documents or anything. I've contacted customer service many times and keep telling me that my application is still not with a checker yet.

Had holidays booked for 8/11 that I have to reschedule and also have flights booked for Christmas. I've told them this many times and they just don't do anything about it.

Those 8 weeks turnaround time is just a big lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 yerca22

Sorry, was your kid's passport a first time application? If so, what was the estimated issue date and when did you apply? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Yeah it was a first time passport. Applied on 11th June, they requested more info on 12th August and finally got passport on 27th October.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note

Don't be posting contact details of officials here please

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maxderby

A day past my target issue date and they haven’t even processed my application yet, they’ve had it for over 2 months. Absolute disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

My online child renewal is due today

Going by earlier comments I'm not expecting to see it go to printing status until Monday or Tues

Just hoping all is in order otherwise it's back to the end of the queue which is a daft way of doing it

Is that for a first time applicant - child passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 randomstranger123

Only registered to post here.

Also first time child application based on Irish parent, submitted mid August and was due last week. Apparently it's still being processed. The web chat customer service always give different answers, sometimes they say it's being reviewed, other times that it has not been validated, so not highly useful.

Tempted to believe the application has not even been started to be validated.

I would even get over the fact that there are delays if they at least communicated a new issue date or an actual status. Basic things like validating a photo should really be done as soon as possible if they say themselves it's the most common issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

I've logged in for the first time in 6ish years for this..!

We applied for 2 first time kids applications at the end of August (28/8), sent off our documentation and it was registered on the system as received on 5/9 with an estimated date of issue of 5/11 (yesterday).

We have gotten nothing. No update. No movement on the tracker. No confirmation that everything is in order with the application. Nothing.

I've used webchat a couple of times and whilst the people have ranged in terms of manner and politeness, they haven't helped. The worst experience with webchat so far was on Thursday with someone named Divisha. I was told, "I have answered your queries above. I am unable to assist you further at this time. I have given you all the information I have available about the application. As I have no further update, I am going to terminate the chat as there are other customers who need attention." They hadn't actually answered my questions.

I contacted a local constituency office and they called on our behalf on Thursday afternoon and to be fair they got somewhat more information that we had by calling or web chatting ourselves. However, we still have no progress on the tracked and the estimated issuing date has now passed.

I have flights booked for next weekend and I have until tomorrow to re-schedule them without a fee. I don't really know what to do at this point. This holiday has been very long awaited (over 5 years if I'm honest) and has been a logistical nightmare between getting time off work and organising with the school (who have been completely understanding but we ideally would have even gone at mid-term).

Applications are about as straight forward for a first time child application as you can get. We're both Irish, together and have valid passports (both of which have been sent off so getting them back is an extra panic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

Whao, hearing this breaks my heart. I truly hope this will be sorted out for you soon and you can go on your holidays.

I was hopeful about my application, but hearing your story is now making me rethink my holiday.

The Web Chat seems easier to get into theses days - they seem to have implemented a queueing system which moves pretty quickly

I find that they don't really give any information on the web chat. Maybe I don't ask the right questions.

Really hope you get sorted, and hope it gets dispatched today!

I got onto the web chat and our application submitted on 18/08 has not even been started to be validated and can take a few more weeks. We are meant to be emigrating end of the month so it's extremely stressful at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

We finally seem to have gotten somewhere today. I feel that speaking to a constituency office was the thing that finally helped. Thanks to them the applications were pulled and placed into an expedited bundle it seems. All of the documentation was in order though and there were no issues with anything.

I would say that if you're awaiting a passport, have passed the issuing date and have flight plans; contact a TD/senator/councillor. That seems to be the only scenario where something can really be done in our experience.

We don't have the passports in hand yet but we do have a tracking number for one and the other has the status of printed. The next worry is getting our own passports back in time..!! I've applied for a passport card this evening on the off chance that it would arrive more quickly than our documentation (ie passports and birthcerts). I had a picture of my passport from 2015/2016 somehow saved in my google photos. Unfortunately we don't seem to have a pic of my partners for the expiry date.

I swear to God that the person whose constituency office I contacted will forever get my first preference vote if we get on this holiday..!!!!

Thank you! I will contact our local TD. To get your own passports, you can get on to them on web chat and say you urgently need them. I have received my passport back that way, it took under a week. I hope it works out for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Had a simple renewal recently

Estimated date is 16th November for issue. Is that day of posting it?

Really hoping I get it 15th at the latest! Ha

Advertisement