Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dannyman76

D&D really struggling to fill 3 hours l, I heard their shite Kit Harrington interview twice in the one show. Not sure how much of the show is live anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I've not heard the repeating snippets through the show thing (or at least I've not been conscious of it) but this morning they interviewed Kit Harrington in the first hour of the show. And are repeating the same, whole interview again, right now. That's just taking the piss!

Feck that! I'm gone to Nova until lunchtime at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

On the news items on Today FM.

A few weeks ago I got up to hear the "Entertainment news" on the Ian Dempsey breakfast show, the breaking news was that Ed Sheeran buys a lasagne for newborn babies parents instead of a present.

15 minutes later the real news was on.

1st story was about a dig looking for women possibly murdered by a serial killer in Ireland 20 years ago.

2nd story was about a 100 year old man who worked in a Nazi concentration camp being on trial.

3rd story was about a child snatched from a tent in Australia.

4th story was about Ed Sheeran buying lasagne for the parents of New born children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,777 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ed Sheeran and Adele have new albums out.

That's TodayFM playlists sorted for the next couple of years.

Michael Martin interview again today, who needs podcasts. D&D can't create enough content and Maria isn't a good producer it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

just on again there now !!!

WTF ....

*switches station ..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Same. At least it wasn't repeated within the very same show on the same day, which has to be the nadir of Today FM wtf moments, but still - two days ina row? 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

It's not all bad lads, Mairead is leaving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

Hopefully Fergal Darcy will follow suit now and make my Friday

How soon?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

She's hardly there these days anyway. Put D&D in for lunchtime and get Anton back on the morning slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yes!

Or Pamela into Mairead's slot and get Ed back to 7pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Or Ed at lunchtime with free reign of the play list

I could see Pamela getting Mairead's slot with Claire Beck in at 7. Would much rather Anton back for morning and D&D back where they belong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭nomoedoe

Doubt she'd get the lunch time slot but after the reshuffle I wonder if perhaps Louise MacSharry is eyeing up a slot somewhere 🤔 No preference for or against myself but it's worth considering she's just left a job and Mariead is leaving a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Mairead leaving of her own choice or have those clowns finally realised how awful her show is?

She'll probably be replaced be Jessica Marcel or they might give it to Pamela Joyce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Wow, surprised to hear about Mairead finishing, thought we were in for the long haul. Pamela Joyce would be the ideal candidate, easily proved herself at this stage, lunch time would be a breeze for her. There is however something to be said for a duo at this time of the day. If they get on well it can be good listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Flicked onto the last word this evening and there I heard immediate piling in on jeremy clarkson and his appearance. The bint, who later I found out to be Amanda Brunker, complaining about "middle aged white men" being triggered by Greta. How Clarkson looks "sooo much older than 61...he's lived heavy" she says. I don't think a man coming on telling us a bird looks soooo much older than her age would be allowed go unchecked. She was body shaming.

I loved how the whole segment Amanda was saying Great was 100% right and then Jeremy Dixon says "weren't you advocating for fake tan earlier? Are you going to give it up?"

".....no, I won't be giving that up" says she! 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Amanda Brunker...jesus is that dose still going?

She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near broadcast media after this offence on the ears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭nc6000

Hard to say who would want the slot, it's not exactly worked out well for anyone.

You mean like 30 to 40 minutes of classic songs from a year and the listeners have to "Investigate" what year the songs are from using the clues the presenter (I refuse to call them DJs) hands out? Whatever could they call a feature like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

According to Louise, she didn't leave but was not given a choice. Seeing that Mairead is allowed say she is leaving and when (December), Louise was not allowed do her final show (even though one of her interviews for her final show was already recorded). I don't think the type of slot that midday on TodayFM is, would suit Louise, she liked to play her own type of music and also have the chats with her pals about how difficult life is for people like her (who seem to get a lot of freebies from companies she gives mentions to on social media but forgets to ad the hashtag AD)

I'd say the lunchtime slot is hard to hold on to listeners, as the nature of the time - people are on the move getting lunch and that, compared to mornings (9 to 12) a lot would be in the same spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Would love to hear Anton Savage back on Today FM. I think the morning 9-12 slot would be ideal for some light-hearted current affairs and the kind of intelligent fun chat Anton brings. Dermot and Dave then in the lunchtime slot. If we could extend each of the slows (incl Ian) by and hour or so to skip Fergal and straight to The Last Word, that would be ideal!

Unfortunately I can’t see Today FM not bringing in another woman to fill the slot. No problem with Paula McSweeney so if that was the case. I’m just glad Mairead’s gone. Going straight from Dermot and Dave to Mairead (especially during lockdown) and hearing her opening the show with that glum voice she would put on was such a downer!!

That would leave Today FM, a national radio station, very Dublin heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Dermot is limerick

Matt is Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Advertisement