Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The Ticketmaster website frustrates the crap out of me every time I have to use it. They charge alot for very little and the least they could do is provide a functional user experience.

Was looking for the phone credit slip that I thought I had left inside the case of me phone; before I ventured to the roof last night. It wasn't there, so I figured it must have fallen out onto the bed (TA modren life, and having to be in constant contact is another TA 😕) last night..

Went upstairs and checked - nope not there.. Was only when I was walking back down the stairs that it dawned on me that I had it left in the tit pocket of me shirt (the one I'm still wearing 😂) ; had a feel, and yup, there it was..

Still, I decided to make the bed in the process, so it worked out ok in the end 😊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Went for a lunch out with a friend at the weekend, a coffee shop type place tha also does pre-made bagels, rolls etc. ORdered what looked like a lovely smoked salmon bagel with cream cheese on it. Yer man brought it down to the table...toasted 😥 ffs talk about ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

My boss is a generally nice man but he gets flustered easily. TA that he gets snappy with me when he's flustered

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Bagels are supposed to be toasted, though, they're only partially baked. Or was it toasted with the filling already in it, like a toastie? Can see how that'd be a bit gross alright.

Today's TA is a recurring one: wisdom teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Actually got the prescription this morning through the post.Well chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bloody SCA! It's made my credit card very secure - even I can't *@#king use it! Tried two different payments with two different devices/apps/browsers and neither worked. Both times I had to use a different payment method - paypal or something else. Come to think of it, since SCA came in, I haven't been able to use my card directly - only indirectly through paypal and/or an app that already had it registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

grr our postman keeps bending our post as he puts it thru the letterbox... I don't mind when he does this with letter but I do when its cards.. I am gonna put a note on the door for him!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes it was toasted with the salmon, cream cheese and rocket inside...none of which really react well to a toasting. The salmon was cooked through 🙄

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Having 6 sticky threads at the top oh AH is TA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Had a MRI scan earlier for an non-life threatening persistent injury, and have two TAs since.

1) The scan itself was in one of these business parks in Dublin with handy access off motorways, but very poor planning when it comes to parking or even directions to where the premises is located within. Really makes us culchies stick out like a sore thumb.

The treatment I got was top quality and cannot be faulted, but...

2) They gave me a DVD with a number of different images of the scan. It does say when you open it that it shouldn't be used for diagnosis purposes, and I have no medical training at all, but I am now convinced I am seeing questionable shadows, lumps and other issues in the scans. I'm sure an actual hypochondriac would be totally freaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bit bizarre, any images of scans I’ve had go to the relevant consultant and my GP... What would be the point in giving them to a patient be ?

Im trivially pissed off that my own consultant, the misdiagnosing and treatment blocking prîck parasite himself hasn’t fûcked himself head first into the dodder with 20 kilogram lead weights attached to his cerebellum....

I see Jimmy White is wearing 'trainers' in the Eurosport studio...

TA Skekkers runners... Never liked the look of them... Don't know why they're so popular,,,, They're the runners equivalent of ekko shoes, imo 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

How rough some hairdressers are when they are washing people's hair..

Post edited by Be right back on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Are ekko the same as Eco ? Had a pair years ago and they were a great shoe.

Possibly my spelling was wrong 😊.. So yeah, probably the same ones.. Any pair I've seen, I just never like how they looked, which is a shame, as I hear they're very comfy..

They are comfy, and good wearing. Though your right about looks. My shoes are normally just brogue types for formal wear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Archeron

TA at what they've done to Never mind the Buzzcocks

The guests are all pretty funny and the format is still funny but one team is headed by a loud unfunny harpy who loves herself way too much and thinks shouting out HEE HEE HEE classes as laughter, and it's also now hosted by that big depressing ginormogantic gimp Gregg Davies. Way to fukcing ruin what was a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Lately life seems to go from full speed warfare/sheer panic to drudgery/beyond boredom.... Wish there was a 'happy' medium (emphasis on happy) to be found, these days.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Worse when you've to unlock the cubicle door and wave one hand while the other hand stops something else from waving about.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

I posted the same a while back, it used to be great...Greg Davis though i never found funny, something strangely fake about him, Daisy Cooper the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think one of the best things about Never Mind the Buzzcocks was the presenter. Mark Lamarr in particular. The audience laughed when they found something funny, they didn't when they were told to etc.

Daisy Cooper or Greg Davis don't bother me, but I don't think they are right for this show. My TA is Daisy though.. God. It is so annoying when she laughs at every fecking thing (although I think it's genuine), and Greg Davies pretending he can't read a question from the multiple choice without laughing.

Sky have ruined a great show.

It went downhill when Lamarr left and gradually the other mainstays.. Amstel was a bit annoying but he had the capacity as Lamarr did to make you laugh. Greg Davis just ain’t funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Well I’m trying to think what else would be waving!

I noticed that too.... he’s 60 next birthday but dressing like a 27 year old, it’s a bit weird actually... I wouldn’t say he’s short of cash between still playing a bit and commentating so he’d be able to get an appropriate hairpiece, that yoke he has on his head looks daft and with the ‘style’... hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at deli chefs who don't know the difference between a spicy chicken fillet and Southern fried chicken fillet.

I asked for a spicy fillet roll and the woman pulled out southern fried. I said to her I wanted spicy and she tried to tell me that what she had in her hand was the spicy one.

I said "no, that's southern fried" and her words were "yeah that's the spicy one"

All the while cutting the **** thing and placing it on the roll anyway.

Fine. Whatever. I'm hungry.

Contractors who say they’ll be here between 8.30 and 9.00 this morning but turn up at 8.05... i semi humorously queried their early arrival while finishing making my breakfast, you know making a point to get told VERY matter of factly... “ yes, but got a call last night for another job this afternoon, need to get this sorted and get to them, only way is to start early “...

im sure my elderly neighbors will be thrilled at the intermittent drilling since 8.15.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Strumms, it's a miracle. You actually got contractors to turn up the day they said they would. Count your blessings and get your neighbours a bottle as an apology. Or earplugs and paracetamol. 😎

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement