Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got mine yesterday. Still have €400 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

End of January.

I've only done 7k km in the year I've the ID3 because I've done feck all driving with COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Still waiting for 2.3 update. Sent email to weconnect-support to enquire. Got reply saying not available to download at moment. Anybody else get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Hey, awaiting life model to be delivered. Comes at standard 18” wheels. Anyone have any recommendations on upgrading to alloys, what type or company to buy from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Mine has €185 still to go. Finishes on 10th December.

Anyone spots a white ID3 at Kill North, pull in for some free electricity 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

I'm the 22nd December, think I still have about €150 remaining.(Still awaiting invoice). The missus has being using lately in her car and I have another trip or two up north before Christmas so no fear of not using up..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

45 kwh is back on sale in Uk.

Chap testing it for Autocar reckoned it was comfortable at 160 to 180 miles between charges

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Agreed. I’m not certain that app functionality is necessarily tied directly to car software revision. I don’t believe my id3 has to have 3.0 for the app to be able to locate its position or email me if my doors are unlocked or my alarm has been activated (all of which my Volvo does). I think app development has been treacley slow, but we may receive some new app functionality (possibly with subscription costs) independent of car software updates. We’ll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yes I received on the 1st. I’ve got €34.29 left. Actually less now, just charged 38.5kwh which is €14.82 so just €19.5 remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Chap testing it doesn't drive like I do.

I'd get from 135 to 165 miles.

If it actually has 45 Kwh available and efficiency of 19 Kwh/100 kms would give you a range of 236 Kms to empty so say 200 Kms by the time you get to the charger, that's more real life based on my driving getting 19-20 Kwh/100 Kms mostly motorway driving @ 100 Kmh or less on the M50/N7/M7/M9 usually then on the M9 I drive at 120. So 18-19 Khw/100 kms to even 21 is not uncommon for motorway driving this time of the year but I would not expect more than 200 Kms with the 45 Kwh. Anyone driving around town might expect to get a bit more then if you mostly do town and city driving then efficiency is irrelevant and probably so to is having a larger battery but it might effect resale value having such low Kwh in a car these days.

Go for the most range you can afford, better to have it than want it, better to have it than gadgets and glass roof and HUD that's no good to you if you need the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

VW just posted the following in the ID drivers Facebook group

Dear ID. Drivers,

In the past few weeks, we have received many similar questions on essential topics. In the following, we have summarized the most important information according to the current status and hope that it will answer most of your questions. Further questions on these or other topics are welcome, and we will continue to make every effort to provide you with answers as quickly as possible. We ask for your understanding that we will not be able to provide more precise information on specific dates until later. 

**Enhancements to the We Connect ID. App**

We are continuously working on improving and enhancing the app. Some new functions have already been added, most recently, for example, the preconditioning timer and the possibility of activating charging stations via the app. From the beginning of next year (2022), the app will receive additional functions that are also strongly based on your feedback (e.g. Car Finder).

**Updatability of already produced vehicles from the ID. Family**

Of course, we are also constantly optimizing the hardware of the ID.s - but in less finely timed steps than the software (usually with new model years or major product upgrades). It is our goal to design software updates during the year in such a way that existing ID. vehicles benefit from software improvements for as long as possible. This is possible because not all updates dig deep into the operating system or depend on new hardware.

**Increasing the charging capacity via Over-the-Air (OTA) update**

At the moment, the control units (ECU = electronic control unit) responsible for this are not yet updateable over-the-air. However, we are currently preparing a service campaign to which your Volkswagen partner will invite you and from which you will benefit in several ways:

* You will receive a new, technologically updated 12 V battery - the actual reason for the service campaign.

* At the same time, further ECUs will be made OTA updateable.

* Improvements in winter performance and improvements in the experience of future OTA updates. 

Please note that the prerequisite for the installation of these is ID.Software2.3.

**Retrofittability of hardware (for subsequent activation of additional functions)**

There are very strong technical dependencies between the vehicle components. Therefore, a partial hardware exchange does not usually lead to a securely functioning system. Of course, we will look at the possibility of subsequent hardware installation individually for each hardware update.

**Errors in the use of the function - "Preferred charging times"**

Various measures are currently being prepared for this and will be part of one of the upcoming update campaigns.

**Range optimization at low outside temperatures**

With the upcoming ID. Software update, we are introducing improvements through optimized thermal management. This reduces consumption and thus increases the range by adjusting the activation threshold of the battery heating, especially in short-haul operation. At the same time, the charging performance in winter is improved by adjusting the heating threshold for DC charging. 

In a further step, the preconditioning of the high-voltage battery during AC charging is also improved. The maximum charging power will also be increased. The optimization of the heating curves for the interior in the new climate software also contributes to increasing efficiency on short journeys in winter.

As you can see, many of the improvements are based on your feedback and ideas! Thank you very much and best regards,

Your Volkswagen ID. Team

Interesting...

Probably actually be done around the time my 3 year PCP ends...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Still no sign of my ID3 Tour.

• Ordered June 18
    • Entered production Sept 24

No updates since then, dealer is advising to take delivery for 221 but even then isn’t confident I’d get the car in January.

At this point I’m considering asking for the deposit back, so frustrated hearing ads for it on the radio and VW launching new models when there is already such a backlog.

For anyone who ordered around the time I did, have you had better luck or any estimated delivery dates?

I took delivery today of the matt carbon fibre effect central console cover and rubber boot liner from Plugear.com in the Netherlands. Both items are an excellent fit and reasonable value for money. Satisfied customer.

The centre console looks great. I need to actually order mine, it's been sitting in my basket since I posted the link last week.

Boot cover looks great, but I have the false floor going on and store my cables underneath. So don't think it fits for me.

Yeah, they say on their website that the map doesn't fit Tour models.

Yeah, thanks for the link, it was your post that brought them to my attention!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

The wait absolutely sucks. We were waiting just over three months and it seemed endless. The thing is there isn’t much out there available in a quicker timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Looks great. I tried ordering from them but the delivery calculator won't recognise my address for some reason.

I ran into the same problem but they were super helpful when I contacted them via chat and they shipped my order before my payment could go through and waived shipping costs.

I wouldn't cancel, the wait will be worth it, I love the car, absolutely fantastic to drive, infotainment is great, travel assist, Range of the Tour 5, great car, comfortable, it's worth waiting for.

I ordered last week of April picked up 2nd week of October so I'd say 6 months from car being ordered to collection is a realistic time frame.

So I would say expect it end of December so you should be able to register it as a 221.

The wait is an absolute killer, but you'll be very glad you didn't cancel when you get it.

Which trim did you order again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nutzfahrzeuge

Similar story.

Paid deposit on the 4th of May and the car is made according to the dealer. Its in "Internal Transfer".

I can see a VIN when i log into the VW Portal, but the "line drawing" is presented. According to the folks on meinid.com. that is an indication that the car has started production, but has not been completed. Once its completed the proper picture of the car will reappear. Seemingly there are thousands of cars sitting in a special waiting area at the factory , waiting for Semi Conductors and Multimedia units.

Another boat arrived this morning, i dont expect my car to be on it. Will have to open up discussions on a possible 221 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ordered our ID 4 second week of May and I only got the VIN number this morning.

Dealer said December delivery but I won’t be accepting a 212 plate for a New Car not a hope especially as the grant has been extended for delayed orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭pad199207

Do you think it’s worth insisting on a 221 in January instead of being given 212 in December?

I'm not sure they can do this if it arrives in December ? if they can't then I wouldn't worry too much still new, was a pain for me registering 2nd week October, December is obviously worse but at least you'd have the car and you won't really care when you drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I asked the same about getting a 212 instead of a 211

I was told that they're required to register every car as soon as it comes into the dealership, they might be able to delay it for a few days or a week but not much longer than that

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Ordered first week of August- was told January delivery. Tour 5

No idea of production dates, vin number or updated delivery info. The car will arrive when it arrives

4 reasons to maybe not cancel -

1. The same car post October 1st is now €1300 more expensive.
    2. Trade in value for our car stands at the value given last July despite being 6 months older and having more milage.
    3. Another manufacturer will also leave you waiting for delivery due to global shortages and semi conductor issues.
    4. seai and vrt rates unchanged till end of 2022

Advertisement