Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 auntieo

Has anyone been to the Range in manor yet? Planned to go yesterday but the queue of cars going into the centre put me right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Was there Friday. Harry corry, woodies and homestore all under one roof.

The only advertised offer was 10% off bar stools.

Couldn't understand the amount of junk people were filling their trollies with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Zero interest in The Range, nothing there we haven't got in several stores in Manor alone. I will a trip to Jysk though, intending going to Ikea later this month so might just see what they have in Jysk first although I don't think it's of similar quality to Ikea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had never heard of the Range before they announced they were opening here. I'm in no rush to go there. Too many similar types of businesses up there now, all mostly home stores. There's only so much stuff you can buy for your house! I'm trying to declutter ours, so won't be buying anymore until the skip is filled!

Would have preferred to see some more fashion stores come to the town, than another home store or another phone shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I have been in the Limerick Range a few times over the years, where they are off the Childers Road used to be Atlantic Home Care but likewise I'm not buying any more house-y stuff, too much already.

Fashion stores is a hard one I suppose with all the online selling these days and especially during Covid. I know I will never browse in any shop again until masks are gone as I just can't stand them to wear. I never did much browsing anyway though and find online just great! In the past few weeks I have bought a jumper (Next online) although I will admit I did see it instore when I had to return previous online purchases to their shop and would have bought there and then but it wasn't in my size. Jeans (Salsa) from Portugal because couldn't get size here despite buying 2 pairs from Irish retailers to try and a pair of boots that I had every intention of buying online until I noticed they were available in John Dowlings so decided it would be easier just go down and try them on rather than the hassle of returning if needed! Returning stuff is the biggest nuisance with online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I’m delighted the Range has come: there is nowhere decent to buy art and craft supplies (and please don’t anyone suggest Mr Price etc they don’t have the same range of stuff at all, it’s a completely different market). Also the Range has a much larger product selection than other places, and tends to do a lot of things within the same themes if you want to stick to a theme or a colour… it’s just different to Homestore or Woodies or TK Maxx.

Also anything that brings the crowds that have been in Manor all weekend is only a good thing, and no doubt all the other businesses have had a spin off from that too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

They really need to do something with the junction in Manor where it links to the Bookshelf and Naughtons Volvo car sales. its impossible to get out of there as the traffic is constantly coming off the roundabouts. Its very frustrating as most people won't let you out. Not sure what they can do, but its definitely an issue up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

It would be great if they could join up both parks, The Mile Height one and Manor West, a bridge over by Woodies, behind Home Store and over to where you have Bowling Buddies/Corcorans would be great. It could alleviate some traffic building up on the Bookshelf side.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭poppy37

I actually drive in to Manor and go completely around the roundabout and out again, It’s the only way as people are very reluctant to let you out into traffic. Although I left a woman out into traffic today and I didn’t even get an acknowledgment from her, that really annoys the hell out of me.

But if you are coming out of the Bookshelf side or from Soundstore, you can't get out as the traffic is coming both ways constantly. Its impossible to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Its just a larger version of Kellihers in Rock St.Shelves packed too close together and full of junk

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Really needs an entrance/exit on to bypass at Killarney rd roundabout.THINK PLANNING APPLIED FOR AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I went into the range yesterday and left 2 minutes later, it would give you anxiety it's so narrow and cluttered with junk. People were in a shopping frenzy in there, I don't know what the appeal is but to each their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They probably would join the two parks if they were owned by the same people, but I suppose neither wants to make it easy for consumers to spend money in a park owned by someone else, and of course a bridge would cost a mint if they did decide to cooperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JohnJoe1987

Not sure if there is another section to post about this so apologies if this is in the wrong place. Just got a new job in Tralee so i am lookong for someplace to rent.

Preferably I'm looking for a houseshare to start with and then try get my own place as one bed apartments are a bit expensive at the moment. I've tried contacting a few places on daft with no success so far. Could anyone recommend where else I could look or who to contact as I start on the 5th of November and would like to sort somewhere before then. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

rent.ie has a share option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

New restaurant to take over upstairs and Gloria Jeans outlets in Manor, to be announced in next fortnight. I wonder who that could be? An existing business/chain or a brand new business?

Hopefully something that involves a proper revamp of the upstairs so it doesn't look like it's current format of an 1980s factory canteen and more importantly that it serves decent, freshly prepared food. I'd love something along the lines of what Ballyseede garden centre or Yummi provides!🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Anyone know of any bookclubs in Tralee or Listowel on weekends or week nights? Would like to meet new people.

Seems like there was a spate of vandalism in the town centre at the weekend? Glass doors in front of new Celsius shop on The Mall and the new Cashell solicitors building on Castle St. had wood hoarding in place. Maybe there were others that I didn't see....

On a more positive note, a lot of the pedestrianisation work in front of Shaws is now complete and looks great...all that is needed now are businesses to occupy the painfully high number of vacant units around there!

I spotted the glass door on Cashells solicitors was boarded up on Saturday. I didn't notice Celsius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

I see kerry's eye have increased their delivery subscription to €33 60 .l am very annoyed at this .what do ye all think of this increase of €3.60.

Completely indifferent to it. (a) I haven't bought a Kerrys Eye in 20 years and (b) I like to consume my news online within 24 hours of it happening rather than reading about it in print a week or more later when it's old news!

It's less than 7 cents a week. It must be a slow news day😂

Has anyone been into JYSK yet? any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

My wife went there the other day with her friend.

Said it's cheap Ikea.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Its €2.50 in the shops, has been for a few years now. Maybe they hadn't increased the subscription the last time they increased the retail price.

I've not bought a paper in years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

€2.80 in the shops now!

Only reason I get it at this stage is to hit the €25/€50 spend in Dunnes to use a voucher so I'm getting approx 20% off the price.

Advertisement