Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Worth not opening packs till Friday so?

Or just get disappointment today instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,836 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I get that France are one of the biggest football nations but I really wish EA would change up their picks more often.

Just did a check and so far there have been more non-performance SBCs for French players (Fekir, Kante, Nkunku, Umtiti) than for players from every single nation outside of the Top 9 (Kostic, Shaqiri, Boateng)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Completely agree. It's so boring.

I also hate how they continually recycle the same player SBC's every single year too.

You could nearly predict 75% of what player SBC's there will be each year before the game is even released!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Home early so decided to open my 2 pack rival rewards and i get base Vardy twice, 3 times in a week, how lucky am i eh

2 from 2 in rivals today, 1 more win to div.3, playing 4231 wide and it seems to suit my bundesliga team so far, if anybody is looking for a good CAM and he suits your team, i highly recommend POTM Florian Wirtz, the guy has been unreal for me, i leave him and Lewandowski on stay forward and they are lethal

Finally Promoted to div.3 😆, taught i was done when i saw his team, Kante Silva RTTK, Werner Mane up front, Adama on the wing, but he never got near my goal, 4-0 and he quit, this 4231 wide really does suit my team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've entered the drafts three times and got absolutely smashed in all three first rounds. Not sure if its gameplay or just waaaaay better player levels there.

I'm stuck in Div 3, rank 1 currently. But not in a "can't win a game" manner. I'm bouncing back with wins and losses, though thats at least enjoyable enough. Currently running this...

Lukaku and Son switch in game at kick off.

Loving Lukaku. He's an absolute monster. And that Bernardo Silva card comes up with the wildest assists.

AWB and DDG the next to need upgrades. AWB particularly is decent defensively but could be offering me more offensively. After that, feels like I'll be needing icons to seriously upgrade...

Exact same as me, in Div3R1. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one etc.

• Advertisement

Who has the 4222 tactics online, last 3 games i have came up against it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got promoted to Div 3 last night. I've drawn my 4 matches so far. I think I've had three 0-0s.

Qualified for WL in last match, won 4 in a row, but qualified in the 5th thanks to a quit, due to my opponent messaging me asking could he win 😄

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

100k pack with minimum 84+ from rival rewards - Andre Silva comes out!! Dire pack!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone done veratti ? I'm sentimental for his 98 card in 21 so will do him as have Neymar kimpembe and marquinhos already anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

5-2 in the playoffs this week.

Got TOTW Ramsdale and TOTW Ito in the Jumbo Rare Players Pack for 50 FUT Champs wins so guess who I'll be getting in the TOTW pack if I hit the 8 wins this weekend? 🙄

Pretty comfortable night. Deservedly lost comfortably in one to an excellent player and lost a close but good game in the other. One of my wins was in ET (IF Raphinha is so good as a super sub CAM or ST in those games) and the other 4 were straightforward, the most satisfying being a destruction of a team with Cruyff and Matthaus 😅

Looking forward to the new season tomorrow but I'm hoping they'll drop the Icon Swaps (and league SBC's) soon as it would be nice to have something different to do as opposed to the usual 7 Rivals wins and then FUT Champs Playoffs and Weekend League cycle at the moment.

And I've just realized the new season is next Friday. FFS! 🙈😂

just made it up to div2, managed to put 3 wins in a row together

Wonder when they’ll announce what happens to your rivals rank at season end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

First free kick scored of the year 😂 playing a guy who started playing round the back at 3-1 up. Scored one back so he goes full on drop back. Switch to constant pressure, and manage to get a free on the edge of the box on 92 minutes.

notice he moved his keeper a step to the left. So thought, “screw it”. Aimed across the goal to the far corner on the right with Bruno and power it at the goal. His keeper gets a touch but still can’t stop it burying into the top corner.

only for a draw but still celebrated it hard 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I’m tempted to do him. Nice link to Messi and Marquinhos for me. He would replace IF Tchouameni.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So what is your most packed player?

For me it's John Stones, no question. I must have sold a coach load of him at this stage.

Coates, got his gold numerous times then even packed his RB. Totally useless, how do you link up a POR CB? Also Gosens.

Played only a few games in Div2 so far and already the percentage of absolute **** is through the roof. Drew 3-3 against a player who just wanted to show off all his skill moves, and would stand still until I moved toward him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Newbie question again so apologies but if I'm say D1 in weekend league, should I expect tougher opponents than someone who's D4 for instance or is it all random. I know there's a counter which will put ppl on a 3 or 4 win streak against similar, but in general will high people play low people or will they match off on division similar to rivals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The new season starts on Thursday 11 November.

I got another useless pick for the Elite reward.

Two 79s and an 82.

Wonder will it be whatever the current week is and left at that for the new season again.

They'll need to adjust the points for Elite. What's happening is most people have less than the 1800 starting point so you'll lose say 60 for a loss and gain about 7 points.

Right now I have 1767, I'd need to win about 5 in a row to get back 1800 based on average points of others, if I lose one more, I'll get dragged down another 30-60 so it becomes a race to the bottom.

So even if you're winning way more than losing you're getting dragged down points wise.

They need to balance that out a bit more. Its only superficial but it just shows they dont put any thought into what they put out.

The more you win in the weekend league the better the opponent you will come up against. You should be theoretically be matched with someone on the same amount of wins as you. Doesn't always feel this way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sneaky ****. They know most people will open their packs on that day rather than wait for a new promotion on the Friday.

Lost out on WL by 2 wins. Its very hard to find a winning formation. I'd to switch back to 4231 to get me the last few wins but I knew I hadn't enough anyway at that stage to qualify.

Most of the people I'm coming up against are definitely Div1/elite as they're absolutely hammering me.

A few games it was my own fault or the server as Ferland Mendy cost me 2 games where he lost the ball or did a 2 yard pass instead of a 50 yard pass.

On the verge of Div.2 now in rivals, change of formation has worked a treat, im nearly afraid to play WL now as the inevitable result crash must be near

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,836 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't posted a team in a while so here we are, 352 in-game, everyone untradable except for Keane and Drogba. Stating away from SBCs until I see POTM Salah.

Advertisement