Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They've got gold circle at Hyde Park, the only other of the 4 UK&I gigs with standing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Wouldn't it be worse if the cheapest seats started at €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I hope so! Is it in doubt? Fully seated with only a few standing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Second date for Westlife added in the Aviva and the coronas are doing the trinity series in July

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rainagain

Nightwish in the point on 23 November 2022 (rescheduled from Nov 2021)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Haven't heard anything myself but just wondering if anyone else has. What are the rules now? Last I heard it was gigs of 1500 or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They specifically say second and final, so with them and the eagles, I reckon that's the Aviva's dance card full for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

How extortionate are the Eagles tickets out of curiosity?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Westlife tickets are fairly pricey, I looked out of curiousity . You'd think with such a huge venue they'd make tickets affordable to everyone. Especially when so many of those seats will have a rubbish view of the stage. It's sad to see such pure greed on display.

The Eagles will want to reduce cost of tickets a fair bit if they want to fill the place up. The country has already been fleeced enough on gigs next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

"you'd think with such a huge venue they'd make tickets affordable to everyone." 🤣🤣🤣

Westlife tickets are 70 - 120 euro, that's completely average cost for a stadium show and I'm surprised they aren't charging 150+ for gold circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They're running VIP tickets up to €200 which is essentially the same thing for a swathe of tickets that come with "exclusive merch" and a lanyard. I went to The Killers once on a VIP ticket. Was a free tote bag that was immediately buried in a press somewhere never to be seen again.

Westlife have a €196 'gold VIP ticket' which is a €90 ticket with:

• Merchandise item designed and created exclusively for package purchasers

• Souvenir Westlife Laminate and Lanyard

• Designated check in and on site event staff

So there's gouging there somewhere don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

70 Euro for the crap seats way up in the bleachers is not an average cost for a stadium. You have to pay 160-190 for a seat that isn't in the nose bleeds. Why do you support overpriced tickets?

Compare to Ed Sheeran's stadium shows in the UK

Ticket prices revealed

Ticket prices have been announced.

The tickets start from £50 in the London shows and rise to £80 for the best seats. For the rest of the tour tickets will be an affordable £45, with the most expensive seats coming in at £75.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Not as bad as the college American football there next year. They only have packages for sale at the moment, there's one for nearly €800!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Should come with a college scholarship!

As it is, it includes some food and drink

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It includes an open bar!

In fairness, its the exact type of package that corporate resellers sell for things like rugby but its through ticketmaster for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,132 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

High Court challenge in 3....2....1........

• Advertisement

My guess is because of lockdown the last few years the council were fair to Croke Park and the promoters

Now for 10 months of garth mania, wonder will he announce the tickets for the xmas market.

Be nice to see a happy ending to the 2014 debacle

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Your guess is wrong (big surprise) there simply wasn't any merit to any of the residents objections (not that there were a huge amount) Aiken will be held to strict setup and breakdown curfews, and there'll be 24/7 security in the week between. There'll also be a hefty cleanup bill for Aiken.

At least that was the compromise offered by Aiken, and I can't see DCC veering off course from that.

At least Garth will get a nice few days to R&R around Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

It all comes down to money, if that man sells every ticket possible for 5 nights in croke thats 400,000 tickets and at an average at 100 a ticket thats 40m euro for 5 nights work and take into that the boost for the local economy its a massive money maker for Garth/GAA/Aiken, I feel for the residents thats going to be a rough 10 days for them, I hope they are massivley compenstated, live near a festival myself and its a nuisance to put up with every year cant imagine what its like for 10 days

The Courts will limit this yet lads. If its heard by Judge Richard Humphreys, they'll be lucky to get one night.

What part of 'too much' do Aiken and Croke Park not understand? The definition of madness is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

If the residents believe that all previous commitments and any community participation by Croke Park are now irrevocably broken and that there is now nothing to prevent 6 or 7 or 8 concerts in future years, they'll have nothing to lose by trying to bring the whole thing tumbling down. Again!

Vomit inducing greed is all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Take into account ed sheeran, Aiken are putting 7 gigs in there in a year its disgraceful like

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Maybe residents should slightly cop on. They are in houses next to huge stadia. Big events happen. I reckon they are adequately compensated.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Placebo are teasing a tour for next year.

Yep but don't forget the argument of 'the houses we're there before Croke Park etc'

Wouldn't mind living near a stadium myself

• Advertisement

That old trope is rolled out every time and its nonsense every single time too.

When the stadium was intensively redeveloped in the 90s, the matter of increased usage arose and subsequently a gentlemen's agreement of sorts was settled on between the Stadium Operator and local representatives and residents groups, to limit entertainment events to three per year, on top of the 30-40 GAA match days. This agreement was necessary to limit local disruption outside of game days, as concert setups and security operations take up weeks either side of each show, on top of the show itself.

Dublin City Council in 2014 acknowledged this local agreement in its licencing of just 3 of the 5 Garth Brooks concerts that had been sold without a licence in place.

Obviously they have licenced 5 now for next year, but there are other factors at play now which weren't there in 2014, but which should still actually be irrelevant in the running of shows at Croke Park

1. the GAA is broke (according to stadium director Peter McKenna at a recent community meeting). This is irrelevant.

2. The Government is trying to encourage every bit of entertainment industry activity in the wake of the lost Covid years. This is also irrelevant.

3. There are stories that residents groups receive payments and tickets and what not to compensate them. This is also irrelevant.

Yes the people live near a big stadium, but in terms of this version of the stadium, the massive multipurpose venue that it is, came well after the homes of the area and all GAA and Brooks shills would do well to remember it.

The fair arrangement that had been in place for years still applies and if the residents go after it, it will be upheld by Bord Pleanála and/or the High Court.

How stupid will Peter McKenna and the GAA and Peter Aiken and Garth Brooks and Owen Keegan look then. Trying to force five nights and risking getting none. Again.

Advertisement