Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiking.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,437 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Thirdly it has to be proven that an individual placed it there for them to be convicted of it. I don't really want to say too much on it but there was a case a few years back about an Irish girl who was killed and her friend was sexually assaulted in Asia after being drugged. The perpetrators were not however convicted of drugging them.

Another girl came forward subsequently to say that the same thing had happened to her with the same perpetrators - after being invited to share their bottle of whatever, she blacked out and woke up hours later having been assaulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,200 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Ok. I'm going to assume that you don't get the difference between functionally accepting something as true (or likely true) and believing something based on evidence

People don't only give either accurate recollections of events or tell lies. They can be mistaken, ill informed or experiencing cognitive dissonance, for example.

Your second hypothetical isn't of a male friend who was spiked, it's of a male friend who says he "went out, had only two drinks, got unexpectedly wasted from them, went home and slept for 18 hours 2 years ago". i would functionally accept their story. No mention of spiking in the story though, where does spiking come into it?

And I already told you I would functionally accept the third hypothetical about a female friend who says she was spiked, but we've established that you don't understand the difference between functionally accepting something as true and belief based on evidence, so I can't suppose you really understood the answer.

P.S. I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the gender of the friend

It is clear that you would blame a female in those circumstances, or at least refuse to accept what she is telling you (in the absence of "evidence") but you have no such qualification for the male in the same scenario. That is why I mention the gender. You confirmed it with your posts

You say this even though I' told you that based on the hypothetical scenarios you gave me, I would functionally accept both stories as true (or likely true)

They're different scenarios. One is about someone who claims to have had an adverse reaction to 2 drinks and slept for a long time after, the other is about a spiking. But I said I would functionally accept both stories as true (or likely true).

For clarity, I said I would show additional scepticism to a claim of syringe spiking (which wasn't included in your hypothetical) because we don't even know if it happens at the moment. But that isn't relevant to your hypotheticals above because it doesn't mention syringe spiking. The thread is about syringe spiking and that's why I mentioned it before your three hypotheticals. That's all.

This would be a much easier conversation if you understood the difference between functionally accepting something as true (or likely true) and believing something based on evidence. It's a pretty curtail concept in the whole area of belief. The reality is that we don't simply either believe or presume they're lying.

Your debating style is pretty funny. You concoct some distinction which is irrelevant to anything that is being discussed and then go on and on about it to distract from your guff.

Neither scenario 2 nor scenario 2 mentioned spiking. Both only mentioned having 2 drinks, getting unexpected effects as if wasted, then sleeping for 18 hours straight. You say you would accept the male story but that you would accept the female one depending on circumstances.

• Advertisement

Oh sh!t you're right. I thought the third scenario was about a spiking. Then there's no difference so my answer would be exactly the same. I would functionally accept both stories as true (or likely true).

This is an example of where i wasn't lying above I was just wrong because i just misread the question.

The distinction between functionally accepting something as true (or likely true) and believing something based on evidence, is real. It's how we humans work in the real world. It's the grey area that reality is full of. Chat forums are much more black and white than real life ( you demonstrated this earlier when you said either you believe the person's account is true or you believe they're lying). But reality is much more complicated than that. Functional acceptance of truth is how we live most of our lives, not belief based on overwhelming evidence.

Ok that is fair enough. I withdraw the differences I made based on gender

• I was in the company of one of the latter types yesterday when I was told I was shedding lethal protein spikes because I am vaccinated. Walked out on the rest of us, it is surreal how people like this are for real.

Nope. One side is saying:

No evidence of a drug based spiking attack exists

That's a pretty **** statement. That argument boils down to implying that every girl who claims she was spiked and attacked is just a slut who got too drunk, got what she wanted, and now feels guilty. I mean the claim that there is no evidence that it exists is in a post where poster is explaining why he disregards a 100% verified case where people were given spiked drinks and raped. The perpetrator recorded it on video FFS!

There is plenty of evidence that such attacks exist. Here is the HSE advice: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/drink-spiking-date-rape-drugs/

What you are referring to as the "other side" are simply those that say that women who say they were spiked and attacked should not be automatically dismissed as liars. And you try to make some perverse "comparision" between them and a salem witch hunt????????????? Unless you have written your post badly and do not mean that, you should be, quite frankly, ashamed of yourself

Edit: Deleted as I misread the flow of the posts

Post edited by Donald Trump on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Well regarding Twitter girl. She allegedly got her tox screen back in record time and “multiple drugs” were found in her system.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Did anyone hear Simon Harris speaking about spiking on the radio during the week. He said something about an increase in cases and students should be vigilant and he would be discussing it with his collegue the minister for justice, (?)maybe it was a fever dream I had tgough...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

So we now have dozens of cases all over the country.

All seem to involve college students who crave attention.

Seems no-one actually sees this happening. Maybe everyone in the vicinity turns their heads at that precise moment and the dozens of predatory males doing it are not seen by a single person.

It seems that it's this year's social media myth, but politicians and "affected" types have to feign belief.

Here's a few more debunked stupid myths

1. Someone put a cloth on my face and I fainted. They robbed my purse or similar. Here it was a Dunnes stores carpark, in the UK it was Asda, in the US it was Walmart.

2. White van trawling estate looking to snatch children. Again it's always a working class estate - seems middle class children are not of interest. But funny, all these white van drivers never seem to actually catch a child.

3. Last year's funniest one. There's chalk on the path (it rains a lot) or even funnier, there's a black cable tie on the gate (how many houses have gates) so that house is being targeted for (choose your favourite)

A. Dog to be stolen

B. To be robbed.

But the gutter media absolutely LOVE this utter sh1te as it allows them create fabulous scare headlines for the suckers who believe this bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Plenty of evidence that such attacks exist? Well insofar that cases like Reynard Singha and some others do exist and highlight both the possibility and danger? Yes there is.

In regards however to Drug spiking being a common method of attack? No, there isn't and the Medico/legal/academic evidence to date (and posted on this thread) all points to it being a rare method of attack.

Now if you have evidence that refutes that?!That proves it's common? Post it, share it with this thread and I don't think anyone denied its existence. Something existing, and something being common are 2 different things.

I mean Rhinos exist, and they are extremely dangerous. If I see someone in Africa with traumatic injuries however? Are they more likely a victim of a Rhino charge? Or being hit by a car?

The damage inflicted is the same, the method of its infliction are totally different. Or is that another analogy beyond your ken?

Donald, you keep making claims and worse telling lies. There certainly have been instances of narcotic spiking. But the evidence available as to its being widespread is rare. Noone is claiming it doesn't exist, and indeed the example of Reynard Singha is used to illustrate both the danger of drug based spiking, and the difficulty in actually doing it. It requires control of the environment and the victim to an extent that isn't generally possible in a pub/club.

The research available, finds no evidence for drug based sexual assault being common. That the most common drug found is alcohol. You have also previously claimed people have said you can't be spiked with alcohol, despite the post in question actually laying out why that was not only possible but, far more likely.

Now you have claimed above that

I mean the claim that there is no evidence that it exists is in a post where poster is explaining why he disregards a 100% verified case where people were given spiked drinks and raped. The perpetrator recorded it on video FFS!

Quote where a poster does this. Show the thread where someone made that leap? Because if it's the post I think you are referring to? You are once again, lying.

You are throwing accusations around the thread, and putting words in the mouths of posters in an abhorrent manner.

You never said anything about it being common. You said:

No evidence of a drug based spiking attack exists

You are the only one lying.

I'm fairly astounded at the posts on here. Do you believe that rape or sexual assault ever happens?? Perhaps that is what people really mean?

And the poster above implying that every single student saying that they were attacked is just looking for attention. That's mad.

Donald, I posted the evidence.

Both of it existing and of it being extremely rare.

Can you honestly not reconcile those positions? Is there any actual honesty or credibility in your effort to smear people here? Or is it all hysterical reaction?

Look we get it. You grudgingly acknowledge that that fella in London raped men after drugging them. What you don't accept is that young women might ever be targeted and drugged. You position is that spiking is impossible and that any woman claiming it happened is a liar.

As for the poster above implying that because victims tend to be students and younger then they are obviously lying for attention. He probably thinks the same for victims of clerical sexual abuse. He probably finds it "suspicious" that those all tended to be kids ... and that kids love attention........

I don't grudgingly acknowledge it.

I introduced it, I was the one who brought this crime to the conversation. To illustrate precisely why having control of the environment and the victim is vital to someone perpetrating that type of attack.

He took isolated drunk people already alone, back to his flat and drugged them in an arena he had full control of.

Versus cruising bars and randomly spiking people. Why might he have done that? Why might precisely that example be so pertinent to the discussion of random spiking?

And again Donald, just to point out your utter dishonesty and hysteria.

The full sentence of which you quoted just part of, is.

No evidence of a drug based spiking attack exists, it's not about conviction rates. It's about evidence to support even the basic assertion that a drug was administered in the 1st place.

And the full context is.

Unless people report a suspicion, and evidence supporting a claim of narcotic spiking is found?

No evidence of a drug based spiking attack exists, it's not about conviction rates. It's about evidence to support even the basic assertion that a drug was administered in the 1st place.

I mean it's hard enough to have an open discussion when sentences are taken out of context 😉 but when snippets are used to make poor and thoroughly dishonest points? 🤔

For further clarity though, and for those interested in seeing through Donald's constant lying and hyperbole (Username checks out 😁)

Here's not just the snipped sentence, but the entire post. To give full context to the wheelspinning undertaken by Don.

@Donald Trump already dealt with Reynard Singha and the circumstances in the above post along with outlying the academic/medical state of play with regard to narcotic facilitated sexual assault. Without reporting of suspected instances? The numbers in the report above are the base line for any response. Unless people report a suspicion, and evidence supporting a claim of narcotic spiking is found?

Your assertion that I am of the opinion that someone can't be spiked if they had been drinking? Could you do me a favour, clarify where I have said that?

Because it's bullshit, it was neither said nor implied by me.

What I have made exceedingly clear? Is that there is near zero evidence for drug based sexual assault. I have reiterated on multiple occasions that unless and until reporting of the suspicion of same is widespread, and actually verified! That it will remain a vanishingly small risk in comparison to the risks of alcohol.

Then, because I noticed you are a fan of anecdotes. I gave my own experience of an incident that could well be labelled a result of spiking. That's surely as valid a piece of evidence as your 2 friends?

As I said, we get your stance on this. You are convinced that any and every girl who says she was a victim of spiking is a liar. No exceptions. I'm not sure whether that might apply to a fella saying the same thing.

• Advertisement

For clarity, I acknowledge that both alcohol and drug spiking exist. I've read that alcohol is the most common type but they both exist. I think the syringe spiking is in dispute at the moment. Lots of claims of syringe spiking but not enough evidence to conclude its actually happening.

You are a disingenuous, lying troll who when confronted with evidence of your dishonesty resorts to further bullshít.

Nowhere has that been said and despite repeated requests to show where? The best you could manage was a selectively snipped portion of a sentence that in context, says the opposite.

A person may have been spiked and incorrectly suspect a needle. It doesn't mean that they weren't spiked.

What others appear to be arguing here is that there is zero chance of anyone being spiked by any method

You quoted the full paragraph yourself. The reason I kept it short was because I was unsure whether those who are convinced that spiking is impossible would have the capacity to read the larger sentence. The full paragraph has no ameliorating effect on what you said

You appear to be of the opinion that spiking is impossible (except for a male who brings victim back to his own house in London). Ergo, everyone else who claims to have been a victim of it must be a liar. That is your position. You don't like it being stated without all the other guff so you start dancing on the head of a pin trying to blur it. You should just own it and be honest.

If you want to admit that it is possible and that it happens, you can do so.

So you have the evidence to hand to refute the medical/legal/academic evidence posted earlier in the thread?

You have evidence of drug based spiking being widespread?

Because you have been asked for it multiple times? Post it.

Or are we back to relying on anecdotes? You seem eager to assign certitude to what those who don't rush to embrace the unevidenced notion of widespread drug spiking believe?

Why? Why the mad rush to gender it?

Why the rush to label someone who acts on evidence, and seeks even the merest hint of it? Something more than a feeling as being dismissive of such attacks? As being mysoginist or worse? In a post earlier, you made a Scurrilous link between a poster, victim blaming and child abuse by clergy. Why? Is it too much to actually expect you to discuss the facts, what has been said? Rather than what you think is inferred? Because as already been amply demonstrated by you on this thread? Your skills of analysis and inference are non existent.

I do believe that drug attacks happen. I also believe however that in the absence of actual medical evidence to support such a claim when it's made?

That it is an unsupported and unevidenced claim. That does not diminish the actual impact of such an experience upon someone suffering it. Loss of motor function, control, memory loss are all terrifying.

Hence why the advice offered by the Gardaí and HSE to people who feel they have suffered such an attack is vital.

Seek help, alert friends, staff, and anyone you can and attend a medical centre/hospital as soon as possible. Allow for evidence of any substance administered to be gathered. Bloods, urine and saliva. Those may unfortunately not result in someone being convicted if anything is detected. But, and this is of prime importance to the point you keep deliberately avoiding. It allows the evidence of the rarity of such attacks that is the current consensus and evidenced position to be refuted.

The literature and studies available to date, all point to drug based attacks being rare. The primary mode of intoxicant used is alcohol. If that is to be refuted? It needs to be done by evidence and not anecdote.

Do you have the evidence to do so? Do you agree that in the current absence of such evidence, that it needs to be gathered?

Or should all responses be based on the hysteria you seem determined to adopt?

It's very very simple. You are getting your knickers into a twist because I highlighted your position in clear and simple terms. If you want to refute that your position is that girls saying they were victims of spiking are liars, you can simply admit that spiking can, and does, occur. You don't need to be writing crazy diatribes to try to obscure your refusal to do so.

It's very very simple.

You go on about facts and evidence yet support a poster whose logic is that "well sure it's students who claim this and sure everyone knows they are just looking for attention". Imagine not having the sense to realise that if someone wants to target a group or an event for an attack like this, then a student night out might be more attractive than the local over 60's bingo night. Of course there is going to be an unexpected bias towards what groups are victims

So more lies and actual bullshit rather than actual honesty?

On multiple occasions over the last couple you have objectively and demonstrably lied. You have misquoted, misconstrued, misunderstood and assigned opinions never expressed to multiple posters.

You have been repeatedly asked for clarification, correction and evidence or to withdraw claims you have made.

It's fairly clear to anyone browsing this thread where any credibility and credulity lay.

It's not with you, as even in this instance? More questions ignored and an effort made to misrepresent and smear rather than respond.

• Where the heck did you read that from what I said???? WTF????

My point is that it is more than possible, it is easy for anyone to obtain the requisite drug in the dark net. Earlier I posted a photo shot from the dark net of such an availability, with a named amnesiac sedative drug scrubbed out deliberately as I don’t want to repeat it on this forum and give any easy ideas to would-be perpetrators. They can and will do their own research. All it takes is a mobile phone, a Tor app, and a pill crusher.

Some posters had indicated that this knowledge might not be readily visible on dark net (eg because they wouldn’t be the sort looking for that), but my point was that if you know what you want to source it is easily visible, and that spiking is incredibly feasible these days. I also made the point that my particular knowledge of such drugs stems from undergoing medical procedures and asking doctors the relevant questions. I am an extremely curious person by nature.

I completely assert that I believe it is happening. Maybe not all the time, but like all nefarious activity it happens and people need to be on their guard to some degree. It’s like child abuse, people used not believe it went on, when there has been significant occurrence; I believe a parallel situation with spiking.

Your refusal to even acknowledge that spiking can and does occur is telling. Your dancing and fluffing attempting to obscure it is of no consequence. I can't really say any more than that. I don't need to in fact.

• Advertisement

OK, sorry. I must have completely misread your post. I think it was because you were responding to someone who was arguing with me and I thought you were agreeing with them. I will delete that post

Advertisement